XPO | Con-Way Truck involved in crash

Conway is only a good paying job, If you do not mind mostly older tractors with very little or no options like air, radios, electric windows, especially on the passenger side. With no air conditioner how do you roll up the window during a hot summer thunderstorm. You are just another Driver and they truly do not Respect your Skill as one. At least they have a 9 point system (for any minor accidents) where then can fire you if you go over that. As far as your 30min. lunch. Does Conway add that to your time of arrival on when you are supposed to be back to your barn? Ask the FOS (Dennis) at XWC if he and tina ever miss Breakfast. as soon as she comes in at 6am. he sends her up for take out (Wawa/ mc Donalds), and has the nerve to ask me why I was 30min. or so late. And I explain to him that I had a VIA, stopped for breakfast (after 10hrs.) of on Duty (with 2 more to go) , and ran into Rush hour traffic. Try to sit down with a coffee at any FAC for 1min. and see if an Fos is looking for you. Also look at your fellow driver while hooking up at the FAC, How many actually do a pre-trip? 5% maybe. We as Drivers in the LTL industry Know that it is all about moving freight in as little time as possible. It is crucial to staying in business. That is why we get the most pay. But sometimes you and the company Pays in the end, when something tragic like a serious accident occurs.

There was ONE time that my Morning FOS jumped me in front of everybody for being late. I told him to check the rules. I am allowed two 15 minute breaks and ONE half hour break and the next time he had a question like that we could call XGO. At that point he shut his mouth and his face got red. Sort of nice with everybody watching and laughing at him.:nutkick::biglaugh::shift:
Calmly pointing out the rules. Nice!

This goes on all the time.I've been harrassed a number of times by my SCM and inbound FOS about being "late".I point out to them that the amount of time they say I am late matches exactly with the amount of break time I took on the way back from the FAC.It is clear to me that the ETA they have in the computer does not allow for breaks or traffic delays,which can be horrendous here in the east.I've seen other drivers at my barn harrassed about this and heard similar reports from drivers out of other barns.Did this practice have something to do with this accident?We may never know.One thing is for sure,if there is any question about hours of service or not taking breaks,the first thing they will do is fire the driver.If they haven't already. :Flame-On:

Drivers, if you have a SCM, ASCM, FOM, or FOS that questions your arrival times and say that you shouldn't be taking your breaks on the way to or from your destinations/domiciles, then ask them (politely) to please put their request in writing. And if they are stupid enough to to do it, you just won the lottery! You will forever have the trump card in your hand.

God bless everyone involved in this tragedy, alive or deceased. Seems to be some on your boards here with their own agenda!:Off-Topic:

The last report that I heard her at his terminal he has had to file chapter 13 and he is getting some hate mail from someone one of our drivers called him and told him about another driveing job but he dosen't want to drive again right now we still think about him all the time and if we hear anything I will try and post it.