ABF | Contract talks @ the Local Hall

The 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them if we voted for the cut, thats the way the deal was worded.

And where was this worded?

Will you just point it out where it is worded...here is the MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON THE
ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM, INC.WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=memorandum%20of%20understanding%20on%20the%20abf%20freight%20system%2C%20inc.%20wage%20reduction%20-%20job%20security%20plan&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamster.org%2Fsites%2Fteamster.org%2Ffiles%2F41910ABFMOU.pdf&ei=hINtUNWPA8i42wWWv4DADQ&usg=AFQjCNHSIIvKYotK3lNjE8Ryg6athWbSWg&cad=rja

Unless it comes from those two other sources you trust...then by all means...use them...but either way...show us where it is worded that the 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them.

And where was this worded?

Will you just point it out where it is worded...here is the MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON THE
ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM, INC.WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=memorandum%20of%20understanding%20on%20the%20abf%20freight%20system%2C%20inc.%20wage%20reduction%20-%20job%20security%20plan&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamster.org%2Fsites%2Fteamster.org%2Ffiles%2F41910ABFMOU.pdf&ei=hINtUNWPA8i42wWWv4DADQ&usg=AFQjCNHSIIvKYotK3lNjE8Ryg6athWbSWg&cad=rja

Unless it comes from those two other sources you trust...then by all means...use them...but either way...show us where it is worded that the 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them.

Im beginning to think you just like to argue with people which is fine with me. Since you posted the link try reading it next time.... Section 3.

Im beginning to think you just like to argue with people which is fine with me. Since you posted the link try reading it next time.... Section 3.

Here is Section 3:

3. Equal Sacrifice of Non-Bargaining Unit Employees and Their Participation.
(a) All non-bargaining unit employees (including management) will participate equally in the Plan, and the Employer will share the burden of sacrifices among all IBT bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees (including management), in each case, as described in this Section 3(a). The Employer must reduce the total compensation (defined as wages plus health and welfare and pension or retirement benefits) of all non-bargaining unit employees (including management) by the same percentage reduction (an “Equal Reduction”) in total compensation as is being applied to IBT bargaining unit employees. Non-bargaining unit employees (including management) shall not be provided any discretionary bonus payments during the life of this Plan (these are distinct from the pre-existing incentive and performance based pay plans that are expressly allowed to continue, as noted in the final paragraph of Section 10 below). In determining the Equal Reduction for non-bargaining unit employees under this Plan, the Employer may include the monetary value of the following concessions imposed on non-bargaining unit employees starting on January 1, 2008:
(1) Deferral of 2008 wage increases from January to April and associated reductions in 401(k) company match and reduction in pension benefit due to lower base pay;
(2) Changes in health care plan premium, office visit co-pay, medical co-insurance and prescription drug generic co-pay effective January 1, 2008;
(3) No wage increases in 2009 and associated reductions in 401(k) company match and pension benefit due to lower base pay;
Page 2 of 15
(4) Changes in health care plan premium, tobacco-use surcharge and deductible effective January 1, 2009;
(5) No defined contribution pension plan payments in 2009;
(6) No wage increases in 2010 and associated reductions in defined benefit pension plan benefits due to lower base pay;
(7) No 401(k) company match in 2010;
(8) No defined contribution pension plan payments in 2010; and,
(9) Increase in health care plan premium, tobacco-use surcharge increase and prescription drug deductible increase effective January 1, 2010.
Effective the first pay period following the date of ratification of this Plan, additional wage and benefit concessions must be imposed on non-bargaining unit employees to the extent needed to create an Equal Reduction. The Employer agrees not to increase wages (including bonuses) and benefits of current non-bargaining unit employees (including management) as an overall percentage beyond the effective overall total compensation percentage increases to be received by the bargaining unit employees. This shall not prevent the Employer from providing targeted increases to individual employees if necessary, in the Employer’s judgment to operate the business, or in the event of promotions, so long as the overall total compensation increases are within the effective overall total compensation percentage increases to be received by the bargaining unit employees (consistent with Equal Reduction). This shall not prevent the Employer from paying variable, performance based compensation as the Employer has paid in past practice. If it becomes necessary to exceed this overall percentage increase limit in order to retain employees for the efficient continued operation of the business, the Employer will request approval from the Subcommittee established in Section 6 below. The Employer will be permitted to reinstate merit increases in 2011, provided that Employer’s financial condition can support any increase to base wages.
(b) The Employer and TNFINC agree to use their reasonable best efforts to achieve equal sacrifice in the total compensation of employees covered by non-Teamster and non-NMFA collective bargaining agreements.

Now...point out where it is worded that the 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them.! As a matter of fact...read the part that I have highlighted very slow and carefully and tell me your take on that. And you're damn right...I like to argue with those that come here to spout lies and deceiving information such as yourself!

Here is Section 3:

Now...point out where it is worded that the 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them.! As a matter of fact...read the part that I have highlighted very slow and carefully and tell me your take on that. And you're damn right...I like to argue with those that come here to spout lies and deceiving information such as yourself!

Go ahead and read the highlighted areas again, it states that they could increase the wage IF they receive approval from the Subcommittee which includes our fearless Union. So basically if they got a raise our Union would have to approve and we all know the Union would do right by us and not approve it... :****:

Go ahead and read the highlighted areas again, it states that they could increase the wage IF they receive approval from the Subcommittee which includes our fearless Union. So basically if they got a raise our Union would have to approve and we all know the Union would do right by us and not approve it... :****:

No...you're not going to wiggle out of this...now listen carefully...I said to show me just where it is worded that the 10% pay cut would have been permanent for them. That's what this is all about...now show me!

Last edited by a moderator:
He can't show you. His statement is fiction. There is NO PRINTED OR POSTED document to back up his claim. Not then & not now. I have to admit after reading some of his posts; they should make it to the Open Mike section on the Comedy Channel.

He can't show you. His statement is fiction. There is NO PRINTED OR POSTED document to back up his claim. Not then & not now. I have to admit after reading some of his posts; they should make it to the Open Mike section on the Comedy Channel.

I know Vongrimmenstein...I just wanted to show that he posted false information then tried to pass it off as a fact and for him to admit it...but they never do...then say that I just like to argue...go figure. I just think it's crucial that we just have the correct information so we can be as informed as we can be going into these contract talks...I think that this is going to be one of the most important contracts we ever had and we will need to be prepared to make informed decisions based on fact not fiction.

I also think that there are many that want to see us falter for one reason or another...some of them trolls and some even claiming to be ABF Teamsters and are not...and having this false and misleading information going unchallenged could turn out to be disastrous on these contract talks.Did you also notice what his reply was to Muler here:

Im not trying to defend what management makes but it gets tiring when us TRUCK DRIVERS try to compare what we make with any CEO....of course there is going to be a rather large difference.

Also you might be surprised to find out ABF management salaries went up about 1% over a 3 year period. All management took over a 6 month pay cut of 10% while the "plan" was being sold to us. A 10% cut over 6 months is roughly a 5% cut for the year, the next 2 years averaged a 3% increase giving a overall 1% increase over a 3 year period. Watch what we wish for.

You got these figures from where?

the ABF info comes from 2 separate sources I trust.

Overall they took home negative money because of the 10% cut even with the two 3% increases. Just to make the math simple lets say the ABF manager makes $ 100 a year (lol). He took a pay cut of 10% for 7 months so instead of making $100 that year he took home $94.16. He was then reinstated to full pay ($100) after we voted down the cuts and was then given a 3% raise, so year two he took home $103. Year three they again received a 3% raise so he took home $106.09. His total pay over 3 years he made $303.25. Averaged over the 3 year period the total raise equals a 1.08% increase.

If they never took the cut they would have made $100 year one, $103 year two and 106.09 year three. The 3 year total would have been $309.09 vs. the $303.25 making it a actual decrease of 2% in total pay.

At least we got to vote on it....

He states that it came from 2 separate sources and one he trusts...but refused to back it up with proof...like we should all just trust his word as fact.There are those that think I go off just because I disagree with their opinion...but they may think what they like...I don't really care about that...what I do care about is when they state their opinion as fact...then can't back it up...refuse to answer questions on how they came to that conclusion or refuse to answer questions due to the fact that the answers would conflict with what they were trying to prove.

How about retirees being able to work say 40 hours a month?

What is the limit in CSPF? In my area they're allowed to work 100 Hrs/month, which is up from the previous cap of 64. How 'bout retiree/casuals are used as a last resort only after all other drivers needing a paycheck have been put to work?

If you need to work 100hr's after you have bailed out, you should have stayed BEHIND THE WHEEL!

A TEAMSTER FOREVER.

I hope the ABF workforce under contract with ABF shows a whole lot more interest & involvement than they did in last year's election of Hoffa & the Executive Committee. I think the figure was 23 % of the eligible voters. You get that kind of turnout for the contract & you most assuredly will have something to cry about. How did the sign read @ Jim Jones compound in Guyana as you entered? 'Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it'. 60 seconds & the stroke of a pen will have more effect than all the crying in the break room. I believe a good gauge on how the new contract turns out is how many members show up for, say the next 7 freight meetings, & tell your Local Officials want you want in your contract. Didn’t like the questions on the contract survey the IBT sent out? Then show up @ the meetings & let them know.

You have figures showing how many ABF members voted? I would love to get a look at that. How was the YRC turnout?

He said only 23 percent voted in the last international election. If they were only ABF employes that would still be terrrible.

He said only 23 percent voted in the last international election. If they were only ABF employes that would still be terrrible.
He also said
I hope the ABF workforce under contract with ABF shows a whole lot more interest & involvement than they did in last year's election of Hoffa & the Executive Committee.
And I'm confident that more than 23% of ABF members voted. I'd be willing to bet it's more like 95%

23% is an overall figure regardless where you worked. As to 95 percent of ABF employees voting I kind of doubt that. Maybe they did, maybe not. Lets hope 100% turned out. Besides, to vote on the next contract NMF contract, we are the only ones left. I would like to think that the 95% percent you mentioned is right & will reflect the next voters turnout. The voting members control their future by checking Yes or NO. Provided they show up.

Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear.

23% is an overall figure regardless where you worked. As to 95 percent of ABF employees voting I kind of doubt that. Maybe they did, maybe not. Lets hope 100% turned out. Besides, to vote on the next contract NMF contract, we are the only ones left. I would like to think that the 95% percent you mentioned is right & will reflect the next voters turnout. The voting members control their future by checking Yes or NO. Provided they show up.

Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear.

Bla bla bla What I am hearing is that you don't have a clue and you are blowing smoke to try and cover your ass. Do yourself a favor and stick to what you know, not what you think. I don't care if you believe me or not I know better.

What is the limit in CSPF? In my area they're allowed to work 100 Hrs/month, which is up from the previous cap of 64. How 'bout retiree/casuals are used as a last resort only after all other drivers needing a paycheck have been put to work?
In our area we are not allowed to work as a casual after we retire.

Vote count 2008

Bla bla bla What I am hearing is that you don't have a clue and you are blowing smoke to try and cover your ass. Do yourself a favor and stick to what you know, not what you think. I don't care if you believe me or not I know better.
Out of
39,000 votes cast of which was passed by a 2/1 margin. Membership head count were pre-recession lay-offs. Is that 23% that far off?