XPO | Conway driver fatality in accident today?

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
Word is out that a CW driver died in bad weather today, maybe in Oklahoma but I don't see anything about it. If it's so, then many prayers for his family.

Word is out that a CW driver died in bad weather today, maybe in Oklahoma but I don't see anything about it. If it's so, then many prayers for his family.
YES I think his name was Marcus . he was bobtailing from LTU to LOO and Lost control of the truck . i am sure there is someone that can fill in the blanks better than me .May God Rest His Soul . Prayers for his family and friends .

it was a tulsa hand dont know his name. whoever made that man bobtail on a quarter inch of solid ice needs to be named in the law suit that is headed for conway . deepest sympathies to the family!!!!!

I was hoping it was a rumor only. Keep his family in prayers and the rest of the drivers that are out in this weather, whatever company they work for.

From the looks of that truck it's an iffy thing if he'd survived wearing seatbelts or not. With the green on it, was it an older truck?

I was hoping it was a rumor only. Keep his family in prayers and the rest of the drivers that are out in this weather, whatever company they work for.

From the looks of that truck it's an iffy thing if he'd survived wearing seatbelts or not. With the green on it, was it an older truck?

My prayers go out to him and his family. The tractor he was driving was a 1999 model

I have a hard time understanding whose logic would have him bobtailing in those type of conditions. Whoever it is, in my mind really had a lapse in judgement.

This is the worst sort of tragedy that there is....A family member was lost today, perhaps a father, a son, a brother, a husband, a grandfather maybe...most definitely a co-worker...And what do we get to read?

"I hope they sue the hell out of the SOB that FORCED him to bobtail in those conditions..!!!!"

Which one of you on these boards was standing next to this driver when he was being forced by a white shirt to go out and get killed..!?!?!?!?!?! Which one of you..!!?? Raise your G** D**** hand right now..!!!!

None of you, that I am sure of...

Some of you disgust me to no end at times...

Shame on you....There is only one thing important at the moment, and that is this man's family...I do not know him, never met him I am sure, but he and his family are the most important thing on my mind..

Get your F****** priorities straight, people, and act like a human being...

Two sets of triples were having difficulties in the icy conditions going from LTU to LOO. So LTU sent two bobtails to take some of the weight off the triples...Marcus will be missed greatly. He was fairly new to this company moving to Tulsa from Louisiana and he was engaged to be married soon. I'm stunned.

Box,
Please, be sure to tell us when it is approriate to talk about anything other than thoughts and prayers for the family.

Two sets of triples were having difficulties in the icy conditions going from LTU to LOO. So LTU sent two bobtails to take some of the weight off the triples...Marcus will be missed greatly. He was fairly new to this company moving to Tulsa from Louisiana and he was engaged to be married soon. I'm stunned.

That sucks...But I will ask all of you, because you are the pros at this: If you were going to go on that run, and you had a fear that it might be dangerous, and you may be in personal danger, what would have been the first thing you would have done after starting that tractor..?? I know what I would have done...Why he didn't, we will never know..I know nothing of that turnpike, but when I hear the word, I think of bridge, We all know the most dangerous piece of highway in the snow or ice...He must not have been too uncomfortable...Maybe he hit a "patch"...maybe the road was fine until he hit that patch...I'm sure the investigators know...maybe that will be made public shortly...But to blame some else for this is ludicrous....and extremely unfair...
I will apologize for the way I went off on this thread, but I am not sorry for the message itself..

R.i.p.

:sadwavey:My thought's and prayer's go out to all the Conway family,and of course my prayer's to his family.