XPO | Conway driver fatality in accident today?

Everyones priorities are straight BB ... By what you have read here in your time on TB does not scratch the surface of what goes on system wide.
Force from the bottom that is the mentality for a job no ones wants to do... it would not surprise me in the least if linehaul forced that man out to go help the triples drivers. More often then not every other carrier pulled all their drivers off the road in really bad storms... and here we are ..in an Oklahoma ice storm.. where is the integrity on this BB.. all of us HOURLY employees in most other places rather than your barn have the yessem boss attitude to survive and that is not fair at all because this companies core value is integrity? safety? commitment? excellence? bull **** dude .. losing a driver over a trailer full of freight. No freight is worth anyones life. And I hope some sort of ACTION is taken whether legal or somebody gets terminated over this .. regardless it wont bring Marcus back .. the permanent damage is already done.

I can sum it up two words..Press on. Some of you understand. Press on

did i see that he was going to pick up a trailer from a set of triples. are they legal in ok or texas. i thought the only places they were legal were in indiana on the toll road, north dakota and manitoba, canada, just north of ND. that is where i am from. please post a reply so i can broaden my horizons. thanks.

did i see that he was going to pick up a trailer from a set of triples. are they legal in ok or texas. i thought the only places they were legal were in indiana on the toll road, north dakota and manitoba, canada, just north of ND. that is where i am from. please post a reply so i can broaden my horizons. thanks.
Yeah, Oklahoma also.

Yes everywhere in OK . But not in Texas i will fight till i have no breath if thay try it in Texas . :flame:

Yes everywhere in OK . But not in Texas i will fight till i have no breath if thay try it in Texas . :flame:
They should run triples between Dallas and Ft. Worth. I'm going to run the idea past Marty. :nutkick:

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't started running CFI/ Truckload loads between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

At one time it was legal on the NY Thruway (IIRC) but that may have changed.

Rat :loser:

At one time it was legal on the NY Thruway (IIRC) but that may have changed.

I don't know if they ever pulled triples on the Thruway but they still pull double 48's. The only states up here with triples are Ohio on the OHTP and Indiana on the Toll Road. This consists of I76, I80, and I90 in Ohio and I80/90 in Indiana. In and Oh also allow the double 48's that the New York Thruway does.

We always knew Clearfield Summit, Snowshoe, Mile Run, and Mt Poccono would be good for something out here in Pa. We'll never have to worry about twin 48' or triples in the Keystone. I stole that from someone on another thread/forum but it is very true.

I don't know if they ever pulled triples on the Thruway but they still pull double 48's. The only states up here with triples are Ohio on the OHTP and Indiana on the Toll Road. This consists of I76, I80, and I90 in Ohio and I80/90 in Indiana. In and Oh also allow the double 48's that the New York Thruway does.

My bad!!! I was thinking of the double 48's. Its been years since I was on the Thruway. I knew they allowed something...just fuzzy on what it was.

Thanks for the clarification.

DOT book states that each driver uses his individual judgment as to whether to continue driving in adverse weather or not. The call is not to be made by a dispatcher hundreds of miles away in a warm office. I always felt if I couldn't drive 40 mph and have reasonable control then I parked the thing. The freight will be there after we are all dead or gone and it is not in your best interest to risk your life or others lives to continue when conditions don't warrant it.

DOT book states that each driver uses his individual judgment as to whether to continue driving in adverse weather or not. The call is not to be made by a dispatcher hundreds of miles away in a warm office. I always felt if I couldn't drive 40 mph and have reasonable control then I parked the thing. The freight will be there after we are all dead or gone and it is not in your best interest to risk your life or others lives to continue when conditions don't warrant it.

Do you work for Con-Way?....I can't see that point of view passing the acid test.

line haul tells million mile drivers that they are wrong when it comes to driving on icey roads. we have people giving us classes who never been behind the wheel telling us how to drive. no wonder they dont have any idea what it is like out there.

i find the place i wish to stay and park the truck. i reserve a room and sit inside waiting for my 11hrs to end and then go to the room. i am off the road, and i am not running over anyone. just play their game and enjoy relaxing when you get out of the truck.

We need a safty dept. inside our linehaul dept.. Anytime a driver feels driving isn't safe the safty dept. should be contacted . The only time linehaul calls safty is when they have a mess to clean up ! This needs to be fixed ASAP

WOW it sounds like a great Co to work for. I am impressed by the heart that you gruff truck drivers show. It re-afirms my thoughts about humanity.
Thnx