XPO | Conway driver fatality in accident today?

I'm truely sorry that my thread turned into a debate. That was not my intentions. I was really sad to hear of the death, no matter the circumstances, and fear for my husband, nightly, magnifies when the weather is icy or stormy. I do feel the loss for that family, it's a call in the night that I dread very much. But one that I also had to grow up with since my dad was OTR and local for most of my childhood/teen years. But the loved ones at home never get use to the fear of a loved one doing a dangerous job.

God bless Marcus' family and loved ones.

BoxBoss is not on trial here ...

Well you would never know it by some of the BS postings regarding his response to accusations levied at the supervisors and the 'finger pointing' that started immediately after the news of the fatality...

This "I have lost respect..." crap was way out of line.

Not that I am defending the "Boss" as I hold our leaders to a much higher standard...but some you dummies were way out of line with leveling accusations at supervisors even before the man's body was cold!

Speaking of cold...the only water some of you walk on is 6 inches of ice...because some of you here were very cold-hearted...

The man called you on it and you balked at being told the reality of it...

Sadly, I think we have lost an important contributor to our forum. :sadwavey:I will miss the "Boss" as I enjoyed his posts and insights...

Ignorance lives on......

Rat :mad:

He's been called out multiple times and was always willing to defend himself.
This subject is too touchy for any management to talk about let alone replying in this topic for fear of a lawsuit.

This was just a perfect opportunity to walk away.

He's been called out multiple times and was always willing to defend himself.
This subject is too touchy for any management to talk about let alone replying in this topic for fear of a lawsuit.

This was just a perfect opportunity to walk away.

As we are anonymous how does the 'lawsuit' thing figure in?

Rat :loser:

As we are anonymous how does the 'lawsuit' thing figure in?

Rat :loser:

Hypothetcal:
When it comes to the law, we are not as anonymous as one might believe, we cooperate.
  • Family hires lawyer
  • Lawyer gets a tip that this accident is being discussed.
  • Lawyer investigates allegations of forced dispatch, driver intimidation etc.
  • Lawyer summons truckingboards for full disclosure of members.
  • yadda yadda yadda whatever else the Lawyer does to build a case.

Everyone is Identified and Con-way is taken to the cleaners, management who participated in here gets terminated, drivers get their share of discipline by having a microscope placed on them.

Anything can happen so management will just step away from this hot button topic where drivers will tell eachother what their experiences are.

I've been witness to G.O telling management to stay away.

Well you would never know it by some of the BS postings regarding his response to accusations levied at the supervisors and the 'finger pointing' that started immediately after the news of the fatality...

Not that I am defending the "Boss" as I hold our leaders to a much higher standard...but some you dummies were way out of line with leveling accusations at supervisors even before the man's body was cold!

Speaking of cold...the only water some of you walk on is 6 inches of ice...because some of you here were very cold-hearted...

Sadly, I think we have lost an important contributor to our forum. :sadwavey:I will miss the "Boss" as I enjoyed his posts and insights...

Ignorance lives on......

Rat,

Great Post.

However, I don't think the forum has completely lost the "Boss". This is a very touchy subject in which some chose to attack management instead of paying respects to the fallen driver as I believe TDW had intended.

TDW,

Love your intentions for this thread, sorry it got out of hand.

BB,

Don't stop posting, your insight is very valuable. From what I can see there are more here listening to you than doubting you.

To those who lost respect,

Look in the mirror. You're using an anonymous name to profess your loss of respect for another anonymous figure. All because of an excessive amount of asterisks? I hope you don't live in glass houses.

wasnt wearing his seat belt driving on ice 60mph.... happened 60 miles from the ltu terminal.. his dispatch was one hour b4 the accident

Ignorance lives on......

I will agree with this post that ,
" Ignorance lives on " .

I too would not prefer to see Mr.BoxB leave here .

I was quiet clear in MY explaination of reason for Mr.BoxB's loss of some respect , in my eyes .

Just4thought

I will agree with this post that ,
" Ignorance lives on " .

I too would not prefer to see Mr.BoxB leave here .

I was quiet clear in MY explaination of reason for Mr.BoxB's loss of some respect , in my eyes .

Just4thought

Yes, you were quite clear in your explanation.

As I was in mine. I just walk a little closer to the ground perhaps than some other posters.

I find it ludicrous that someone would take the man to task for being a fallible and perhaps emotional human being responding to a terrible situation for wanting to crucify a supervisor before they even knew the facts...

This whole thread has been an emotional wreck.

The finger pointing and accusations, the 'whose to blame' nonsense and the whole "Boss" thing has disrupted the comaderie of this forum.

I would suggest we permanently close this thread...let the man rest in peace.

Lift your prayers to him, his family and friends, and co-workers.

To our friend....:guiness:

Rat

Yes, you were quite clear in your explanation.

As I was in mine. I just walk a little closer to the ground perhaps than some other posters.

I find it ludicrous that someone would take the man to task for being a fallible and perhaps emotional human being responding to a terrible situation for wanting to crucify a supervisor before they even knew the facts...

This whole thread has been an emotional wreck.

The finger pointing and acusations, the 'whose to blame' nonsense and the whole "Boss" thing has disrupted the comaderie of this forum.

I would suggest we permanently close this thread...let the man rest in peace.

Lift your prayers to him, his family and friends, and co-workers.

To our friend....:guiness:

Rat

Then Why was MY quoated response
attached and used regarding MY response to Mr.BoxB ?

Just4Thought

I agree guys, this topic took a turn into a ditch.
I was going to move some replies but it was just too hard to figure out which ones to appropriately move without making them sound like nonsense in the new topic.
Without true facts of what happened before, during and after the accident, it becomes speculative. (other than what was stated in the news articles)

It's tough to hold back replies or hold in your emotions when this unfortunate accident seems to trigger a similar situation we as drivers might have faced. However, we needed to step back and start a new topic. We now live and learn and move on from here.

W99 started a new topic to post your issues of driving through bad weather.
Driving in Foul weather conditions

From here on out this topic will be used to pay respects to Marcus.
Do not reply to anything other than paying your respects.

• If you have weather issues and you want to voice your concerns post them in the link above.
  • If you want to talk about Boxboss than someone start a new topic.
  • Just don't trample this topic anymore.

Other than that please respect Marcus's unfortunate passing and just pay your respects to the man.

Tomorrow during half time of the Super Bowl I will hold my glass high and Salute all our fallen Brothers..! Marcus , Tim(deputydog)K. Rob(69er)R. Doug(Pecker)G. NO REGRITS.. SALUTE !

bad judgement

This is the worst sort of tragedy that there is....A family member was lost today, perhaps a father, a son, a brother, a husband, a grandfather maybe...most definitely a co-worker...And what do we get to read?

"I hope they sue the hell out of the SOB that FORCED him to bobtail in those conditions..!!!!"

Which one of you on these boards was standing next to this driver when he was being forced by a white shirt to go out and get killed..!?!?!?!?!?! Which one of you..!!?? Raise your G** D**** hand right now..!!!!

None of you, that I am sure of...

Some of you disgust me to no end at times...

Shame on you....There is only one thing important at the moment, and that is this man's family...I do not know him, never met him I am sure, but he and his family are the most important thing on my mind..

Get your F****** priorities straight, people, and act like a human being...
i totally agree with you b.b.

road conditions

That sucks...But I will ask all of you, because you are the pros at this: If you were going to go on that run, and you had a fear that it might be dangerous, and you may be in personal danger, what would have been the first thing you would have done after starting that tractor..?? I know what I would have done...Why he didn't, we will never know..I know nothing of that turnpike, but when I hear the word, I think of bridge, We all know the most dangerous piece of highway in the snow or ice...He must not have been too uncomfortable...Maybe he hit a "patch"...maybe the road was fine until he hit that patch...I'm sure the investigators know...maybe that will be made public shortly...But to blame some else for this is ludicrous....and extremely unfair...
I will apologize for the way I went off on this thread, but I am not sorry for the message itself..
ive driven this hwy many times and know what the weather can be like in OK. who ever sent this guy out should be fired as well as sued but the fact remains he did it?? i never would have done it and to bobtail??? im just at a loss for words on this.i do know that a newbie from n.d. refused to drive under bad conditions ,he never left his house in fact and was fired.ive been told you at least have to make an attempt at it. in this case i would have went around the block and went back and said its to dangerious.