New Penn | Copy of COOs

I
Hate to tell you this, but I was making over 100 grand for the past 14 years. I was linehaul, did my 5 day’s and went home. Some day’s when we had extra freight, I’d go east or north on a extra run on Sunday. 12 years I pulled triples.

Slave, you can’t stop the progression of a company. Being union you might get some negotiating with the new contract, but FedEx, Reddaway, Saia, OD, Yellow, and Oak Harbor all pull triples. Now I know that being in the city is a whole different ball game, but most Ltl’s all pull doubles in the metro area. Downtown and residential are done with a straight truck.

Seriously, it’s not worth the blood pressure and anxiety to stress over this. We can always use another hand on the farm, no worries there.

Have a great New Year. I wish you the best.
I might consider your offer, but I'd only run a 96" header on the combine.

Didn't you ever see a road sign....stating " no doubles"....or no 102" wide trailers over the 28'"?
No trailers over 45'. These signs are everywhere here now.
States set the rules.
The loudest lobby or lobby with most money or connections wins.
I'm sure there are political regulations on load bars and types and which can be used or not..

I think the Northeast was last to allow 53's and 102's.
Most of our states don't allow triples. If any.

Trucking companies don't put them there.
Politicians do. Government.
And like I said.....the ATA was requesting immigrants for the shortage.......the request was made to the government.
New York has over length laws....can't be over 65' with a combination... I won't do it, why would I take a chance on doing that? ....I have two co-workers who always have something in their mouths, who will do it and tell me "they would fight it"...... suck wads....

Didn't you ever see a road sign....stating " no doubles"....or no 102" wide trailers over the 28'"?
No trailers over 45'. These signs are everywhere here now.
States set the rules.
The loudest lobby or lobby with most money or connections wins.
I'm sure there are political regulations on load bars and types and which can be used or not..

I think the Northeast was last to allow 53's and 102's.
Most of our states don't allow triples. If any.

Trucking companies don't put them there.
Politicians do. Government.
And like I said.....the ATA was requesting immigrants for the shortage.......the request was made to the government.
Barack Obama extended the NAFTA Rules to allow Mexican Carriers entry into the USA. That allowed up to 2 million Mexican Trucks on the US Roads annually. Lord knows what that number is today.
Just take a look at the FMCSA Annual Fine Report. Most major safety problems are with Mexican Carriers (often after fatal accidents)
Then remember Labor Day in 2008 when Jimmy Hoffa Jr stood alongside Barack Obama at the Labor Day Parade in Chicago after handing millions of $$$ in union $$$$ to Obama as Obama promised to change NAFTA to help working people.
Yet once again democrats screw the very people that stuff millions of $$$ in their pockets

New York has over length laws....can't be over 65' with a combination... I won't do it, why would I take a chance on doing that? ....I have two co-workers who always have something in their mouths, who will do it and tell me "they would fight it"...... suck wads....
Overlength Laws are now in the LCV Rules. (Longer Combination Vehicles) the USDOT prohibited new LCV programs and froze all existing ones. Such as Triples on the Ohio Turnpike or the NY Thruway Doubles Program. Yu can make an existing program bigger but not create a new program such as a state that never allowed Triples suddenly allowing Triples.
States can control their Non Federal Highways with with their own restrictions on state or local roads.

Barack Obama extended the NAFTA Rules to allow Mexican Carriers entry into the USA. That allowed up to 2 million Mexican Trucks on the US Roads annually. Lord knows what that number is today.
Just take a look at the FMCSA Annual Fine Report. Most major safety problems are with Mexican Carriers (often after fatal accidents)
Then remember Labor Day in 2008 when Jimmy Hoffa Jr stood alongside Barack Obama at the Labor Day Parade in Chicago after handing millions of $$$ in union $$$$ to Obama as Obama promised to change NAFTA to help working people.
Yet once again democrats screw the very people that stuff millions of $$$ in their pockets
Once again another post fast and loose with the truth...yup I can agree with Mexican trucks being unsafe, but I also remember President Bush trying to do it also, Mexican trucks are bipartisan screwing of us....the labor day rally I tried Google and got nothing, and once again nobody "gives millions in union $$$$ " to anyone, that would land you in prison, but if they gave Obama money from Drive (which is a VOLUNTARY contribution from members to support candidates that are union friendly) that is perfectly legal...I will ask once again and you have NEVER done it....link please?

The 5 Boro's have city laws that are more strict than NY State and DOT Rules. 53' 102 wide are allowed on all interstates in the Boro's if passing thru or making a del just off the interstate, Same holds true for doubles. This is why you see tons of 53' trailers at the airports( cash cow they wont mess with). Local city driver trucks are limited to 45 ft trailers( 65 ft overall length including the liftgate). Straight trucks also have a length law, not sure what it is.

The 5 Boro's have city laws that are more strict than NY State and DOT Rules. 53' 102 wide are allowed on all interstates in the Boro's if passing thru or making a del just off the interstate, Same holds true for doubles. This is why you see tons of 53' trailers at the airports( cash cow they wont mess with). Local city driver trucks are limited to 45 ft trailers( 65 ft overall length including the liftgate). Straight trucks also have a length law, not sure what it is.
Vermont also restricts doubles from everywhere except Interstates. Yellow had special permit to run doubles between ferry terminal at Grand Isle to the Burlington terminal. To run doubles into Burlington drivers needed to also have Maritime endorsement on their CDL.

Vermont also restricts doubles from everywhere except Interstates. Yellow had special permit to run doubles between ferry terminal at Grand Isle to the Burlington terminal. To run doubles into Burlington drivers needed to also have Maritime endorsement on their CDL.
I think Ga still prohibits doubles except for the interstate.
We do have the maritime rule here on the coast, but if you invoke the Hummingbird article, you can be exempt.

Last edited:

yell_maritime.md.jpeg

Once again another post fast and loose with the truth...yup I can agree with Mexican trucks being unsafe, but I also remember President Bush trying to do it also, Mexican trucks are bipartisan screwing of us....the labor day rally I tried Google and got nothing, and once again nobody "gives millions in union $$$$ " to anyone, that would land you in prison, but if they gave Obama money from Drive (which is a VOLUNTARY contribution from members to support candidates that are union friendly) that is perfectly legal...I will ask once again and you have NEVER done it....link please?
2 million trucks from Mexico?
That’s more than the US companies would have.