TForce | Cross classification bidding

This is for the single line senority boards.

Just to add on that and this is the NE only, when you have those two classifications, Bid every contract date, which is the first sunday in April every year, switch classes with out losing seniority. Now if they rebid at any other time, they must bid seperately and at different times.maening p&d one week road the next. If they bid both at the same time, you once again can jump classification.

on another subject, down south you can jump classification, lose your seniority for 1yr and a day, then get back your full seniority. You do not however lose seniority for vacations and personals.

It will be interesting to see how the members of NE vote on this. I know how Im going to vote. 1 list

It will be interesting to see how the members of NE vote on this. I know how Im going to vote. 1 list

Well like you said, seniority IS everything, and if a senior man desires a position, he should be able to have it. After 25 years, if a man can no longerr take the road, he should be able to go local and finish his career.

the other side to the arguement is say 2 pople start at the same time just an hour apart. Person 2 has the hur seniority edge.

person 1 wants to go road person s wants togo city.

person 1. Says I am gonna plan for my future and want the bigger paychecks later in life and has to take an extraboard position then after a couple of years get enough seniority to hold a crappy sleeper bid after 20 years he finally get enough seniority to hold the least good single turn route and can be home daily.

person 2 says I want to be home everynight and only work 40 hours a week, so he goes into a city bid nothing really changes in the city for 20 years but one day he says I want to run the road for 5 years to help my retirement and he bumps person 1 back into a sleeper bid.

I agree seniority should account for alot but putting your dues in on a city route being paid ot and home everynight should not allow you to over step someone who put there 20 years in on extraboard or a crappy sleeper run.

the other side to the arguement is say 2 pople start at the same time just an hour apart. Person 2 has the hur seniority edge.

person 1 wants to go road person s wants togo city.

person 1. Says I am gonna plan for my future and want the bigger paychecks later in life and has to take an extraboard position then after a couple of years get enough seniority to hold a crappy sleeper bid after 20 years he finally get enough seniority to hold the least good single turn route and can be home daily.

person 2 says I want to be home everynight and only work 40 hours a week, so he goes into a city bid nothing really changes in the city for 20 years but one day he says I want to run the road for 5 years to help my retirement and he bumps person 1 back into a sleeper bid.

I agree seniority should account for alot but putting your dues in on a city route being paid ot and home everynight should not allow you to over step someone who put there 20 years in on extraboard or a crappy sleeper run.
I agree this is my situation & alot of others are in the same boat.

I believe the seniority boards should stay separate. otherwise the junior employees will always be screwed. You can take a top dog and he can play the weather game. In the summer he can take the best road run and then in the winter he can take the best city run to stay out of the weather. that causes way too much instability to everyone else below him. I'm high enough in seniority that it wouldn't really affect me, but I do think about the junior guys and not just myself. Bouncing between boards doesn't keep it an even playing field for eveyone in my opinion!!!!

I believe the seniority boards should stay separate. otherwise the junior employees will always be screwed. You can take a top dog and he can play the weather game. In the summer he can take the best road run and then in the winter he can take the best city run to stay out of the weather. that causes way too much instability to everyone else below him. I'm high enough in seniority that it wouldn't really affect me, but I do think about the junior guys and not just myself. Bouncing between boards doesn't keep it an even playing field for eveyone in my opinion!!!!

We can have seniority across the board, with 2 lists ,with a bid once a year....

I keep hearing about senior guy's screwing someone if we are allowed to use our seniority when bidding and vacations. Do you think that maybe at one time we were on the bottom? That maybe we got bumped off a run? That maybe we got bumped out of a vacation, That maybe we sat home while senior guy's worked? WE ALSO PAID OUR DUE'S!
And there will be a time when you will be at or near the top and YOU will want your seniority to work for you. After all, you deserve it.

Keep in mind, This is not just a Road Driver thing. We have plenty of long time city drivers that would also be able to bump road men into the city. It goe's both ways. As it should.