FedEx Freight | Did you read the recent mailing about the pension choice?

I would be 100% on his being mistaken had it not have been for the lies and disinformation printed in last years health enrollment package.
There is no doubt that he is mistaken, it’s not up for debate. He just didn’t read the information carefully, what he is referring to is clearly a chart that shows what retirement program you will be in if you transfer.

There is no doubt that he is mistaken, it’s not up for debate. He just didn’t read the information carefully, what he is referring to is clearly a chart that shows what retirement program you will be in if you transfer.
It also applies if your opco would be phased out. Just sayin.

It also applies if your opco would be phased out. Just sayin.
What does “phased out mean”? And where does it say that? If your opco is “phased out” you won’t have a job. This sounds like that one guy that was in here that said we would all be owner ops in two years, five years ago. Subway sandwich guy, remember him?

What does “phased out mean”? And where does it say that? If your opco is “phased out” you won’t have a job. This sounds like that one guy that was in here that said we would all be owner ops in two years, five years ago. Subway sandwich guy, remember him?
If you’d have been here in 2010 you’d understand my skepticism.

It’s not what’s said, it’s what is NOT said that matters.

I agree that the section in the pamphlet explicitly states that it applies to transfers, but it WOULD ALSO APPLY TO A MERGE or rebranding of an OPCO.

Will that happen? Who knows, who cares… Just remember that the decisions you make based off of their published materials paint an incomplete picture of what your reality MIGHT look like in the near future.

Again, the 70 Tiered did not equal the 70 Tiered Pilot of last year. (Even though it was pitched to us that way in the mailing)

How will your pension election change if the company decides to call you something different in the future?

I’m not arguing with you BD, just trying to encourage careful consideration for anyone making these choices concerning their financial future.

If you’d have been here in 2010 you’d understand my skepticism.

It’s not what’s said, it’s what is NOT said that matters.

I agree that the section in the pamphlet explicitly states that it applies to transfers, but it WOULD ALSO APPLY TO A MERGE or rebranding of an OPCO.

Will that happen? Who knows, who cares… Just remember that the decisions you make based off of their published materials paint an incomplete picture of what your reality MIGHT look like in the near future.

Again, the 70 Tiered did not equal the 70 Tiered Pilot of last year. (Even though it was pitched to us that way in the mailing)

How will your pension election change if the company decides to call you something different in the future?

I’m not arguing with you BD, just trying to encourage careful consideration for anyone making these choices concerning their financial future.
I here ya, but people can’t really make a decision based on conspiracy theories passed around on this page either

Matching 401-K that you control is always the best choice !
Unless of course the economy tanks like it did a few years back And the company decides to take away that 8% match they were going to give you, instead of a pension. I don’t trust the company anymore I’m sticking with the pension. The company match is only there until they find a reason to lower it or take it away

Unless of course the economy tanks like it did a few years back And the company decides to take away that 8% match they were going to give you, instead of a pension. I don’t trust the company anymore I’m sticking with the pension. The company match is only there until they find a reason to lower it or take it away

The economy can tank, but history says it always comes back stronger. The company can adjust the 8% match to something lower, just like they can stop contributing to the pension in 10 years when the people close to retirement, retire.

I don't see FedEx contributing to the pension once a good amount of people opted in retire. They're not going to keep putting money in it for a small percentage of empliyees. They're more likely to keep the 8% than they are a pension fund with a small amount of participants.

A lot of good responses here. I will not acknowledge a mistake was made on my part. I understand this is radical and upsetting to many of us (myself included.)

The business of Transportation and satisfying customers needs are changing fast. Ground has fallen behind. Please remember Mr. Smith is now in charge at Ground. He came from Watkins then FXF. And under him we had very good profit #’s at FXF. I don’t see importing FXF’s culture to ground.
I wonder what does Wall St. know that we don’t? FDX is a takeover target for sure (remember 2009) I bought FDX at $39. FDX paid $58 a share for AF. It was a move in 2009 to drive the stock price to way below what the entire Co was worth. This was a done in response to a hostile takeover attempt.

Now we have different problems… operational costs at all these divisions and an unnecessary layer of management at each. Wall st. Loves consolidation. It boosts shareholder value by eliminating costs. Thus boosting the price of the stock.
Professor Scott Galloway predicted FDX would be bought out by another entity over a year ago. Up until now he has been wrong but, either we change now while we still control of our own destinies or we change later by force. A force from the outside that just ponies up to buy assets and customers.
The collapsing of pensions and employee benefits into a tight little package is just a step down the road to change.Money doesn’t talk it Screams.

A lot of good responses here. I will not acknowledge a mistake was made on my part. I understand this is radical and upsetting to many of us (myself included.)

The business of Transportation and satisfying customers needs are changing fast. Ground has fallen behind. Please remember Mr. Smith is now in charge at Ground. He came from Watkins then FXF. And under him we had very good profit #’s at FXF. I don’t see importing FXF’s culture to ground.
I wonder what does Wall St. know that we don’t? FDX is a takeover target for sure (remember 2009) I bought FDX at $39. FDX paid $58 a share for AF. It was a move in 2009 to drive the stock price to way below what the entire Co was worth. This was a done in response to a hostile takeover attempt.

Now we have different problems… operational costs at all these divisions and an unnecessary layer of management at each. Wall st. Loves consolidation. It boosts shareholder value by eliminating costs. Thus boosting the price of the stock.
Professor Scott Galloway predicted FDX would be bought out by another entity over a year ago. Up until now he has been wrong but, either we change now while we still control of our own destinies or we change later by force. A force from the outside that just ponies up to buy assets and customers.
The collapsing of pensions and employee benefits into a tight little package is just a step down the road to change.Money doesn’t talk it Screams.
Not only up to now he has been wrong but will continue to be wrong. I don’t see how anyone would think we will be bought when we continue to make company money and profits. I love when people have all these conspiracies especially in the days of social media and everyone’s opinions that don’t make sense.. I wonder if this now is coming up cause AAA was bought up and UPS freight was sold sold so why not throw in FedEx freight conspiracy. I guess it could make sense BUT won't happen

Not only up to now he has been wrong but will continue to be wrong. I don’t see how anyone would think we will be bought when we continue to make company money and profits. I love when people have all these conspiracies especially in the days of social media and everyone’s opinions that don’t make sense.. I wonder if this now is coming up cause AAA was bought up and UPS freight was sold sold so why not throw in FedEx freight conspiracy. I guess it could make sense BUT won't happen

I don't think freight will be sold, but everybody's got a price. It's unlikely but not impossible.

I don't think freight will be sold, but everybody's got a price. It's unlikely but not impossible.
The freight industry is not in its infancy, although the final mile delivery is. With that being said there are some deep pockets that could purchase a freight company and divert their business to the freight company and use the manufacturing freight as secondary for capacity.
Never underestimate the desire for dominance in a market with capital to fulfill that desire.

The freight industry is not in its infancy, although the final mile delivery is. With that being said there are some deep pockets that could purchase a freight company and divert their business to the freight company and use the manufacturing freight as secondary for capacity.
Never underestimate the desire for dominance in a market with capital to fulfill that desire.
There’s no doubt than anything is a possibility but your talking about a profitable FedEx freight that would take a huge overprice to
Pay for this company. We are totally different in size and profit compared to ups freight and AAAcoopeer plus it would make no sense at all for FedEx to unload unless cause someone wants to buy us.. I could only imagine the asking price of FedEx freight and what they would get for this company if it did sell but the chance of that is slim to none