FedEx Freight | Did you read the recent mailing about the pension choice?

The purchase price would likely equal the annual revenue, so figure about $8,000,000,000. That's $8 Billion with a B. Not worth it for most anybody.

Unless of course the economy tanks like it did a few years back And the company decides to take away that 8% match they were going to give you, instead of a pension. I don’t trust the company anymore I’m sticking with the pension. The company match is only there until they find a reason to lower it or take it away
You should probably put your money in buried coffee cans.

FedEx they are going back to delivering packages like UPS then they can get rid of all of us and cut costs . Monkey see monkey do ...

Matching 401-K that you control is always the best choice !
True but who is to say in a few years FedEx will come back and lower their 401k match? That’s my concern is that this is just a way to get people to opt out of the pension with the 401k 8% match enticement then it’s the old bait and switch…” oh the economy is bad so we are reducing company match back to 3.5%”

True but who is to say in a few years FedEx will come back and lower their 401k match? That’s my concern is that this is just a way to get people to opt out of the pension with the 401k 8% match enticement then it’s the old bait and switch…” oh the economy is bad so we are reducing company match back to 3.5%”

Who is to say they won't stop pension contributions all together?

Make the decision that's best for you with the information you have right now.

FedEx they are going back to delivering packages like UPS then they can get rid of all of us and cut costs . Monkey see monkey do ...

But UPS is good at it lol

Union pension has been cut by 50% for guys retiring now and you have no control over it , at least a 401-K you have some control over it !