Digging up bones.

Yep, I know what you mean.
I had a friend that couldn't hold a job also!

There were plenty of Teamster jobs around back in the day. When I was staying loose and preferred working casual I went with whoever called me first in the morning or told me the night before to just come in without calling. Could pretty much work when I felt like it or go with which ever company I liked working at. Good old days for sure, long gone unfortunately.

There were plenty of Teamster jobs around back in the day. When I was staying loose and preferred working casual I went with whoever called me first in the morning or told me the night before to just come in without calling. Could pretty much work when I felt like it or go with which ever company I liked working at. Good old days for sure, long gone unfortunately.
You have an impressive list there Triplex. I worked out of the union hall for about 4 years & never missed a day. A couple of companies would get me on a 5 day cards so I would show for a week at a time. I called myself a freight tramp cause I didn't have a job, used all the time & got paid well for it. Made my wife so maad, she would explain it to people.Lol. Got paid daily so always had a bunch of checks in my wallet. On the board for 3 companies, when Cf gave us an extended holiday I called it done.

Last edited:
Drove for the following companies:

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
ConWay Eastern Express (Teamster, former Penn Yan)
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow
YRC Freight

Seniority at UPS, Maislin, and PIE; Casual (Road or P&D or both) at the others.
I see you worked ,for the shustler boys St.J and Frank Walsh, Did you do garments.I did it a few times .That’s not easy work like most people think it was.

I see you worked ,for the shustler boys St.J and Frank Walsh, Did you do garments.I did it a few times .That’s not easy work like most people think it was.

Never did garments RB. I do remember floor loading 40,000# of pasta at Mueller's in Jersey City for Schuster a number of times when they called me for a late afternoon start. Usually slept well the next day after those pickups. Also did bags of coffee beans at a Brooklyn pier a couple of times but I can't remember for who. Walsh sent me for tire loads at a warehouse in Middlesex County if I remember correctly. Early on at Maslin when road work was slow they used me for city work where I ran containers to/from the Port or took newsprint loads to the Daily News in Brooklyn. Most of the time I did regular P&D pedal runs as opposed to volume work on most all those jobs though.

Never did garments RB. I do remember floor loading 40,000# of pasta at Mueller's in Jersey City for Schuster a number of times when they called me for a late afternoon start. Usually slept well the next day after those pickups. Also did bags of coffee beans at a Brooklyn pier a couple of times but I can't remember for who. Walsh sent me for tire loads at a warehouse in Middlesex County if I remember correctly. Early on at Maslin when road work was slow they used me for city work where I ran containers to/from the Port or took newsprint loads to the Daily News in Brooklyn. Most of the time I did regular P&D pedal runs as opposed to volume work on most all those jobs though.
Coffee beans ,Maybe for Reish, They were union of coarse and most of the loads went to Rhode Island.The did some sort of reclaimation with coffee beans I like you ,Can’t possibly remember the importance stuff ,Only that it’s on the floor and I had to brake my F****** Balls

You actually worked for a living, didn't you?

I can't tell you how many Mueller macaroni loads I did at Baldwin Ave. Jersey City and then later at their Warehouse in Bayonne. I used to laugh later on when new guys used to complain when they had to handle maybe 100 cartons at a stop. Geez, in the 70's and 80's everything and everywhere you went you were handling nothing but floor loads. Triplex the best was EJ Korvetts in Bayonne, I used to deliver 45 Foot trailer loads of weights and bar bells stacked 2 high in the entire trailer. That was Johnson Motor Line freight, I was in my early 20's and after finishing that load I felt like I was your age.:hide: Sorry had to do that, then dispatch would send you to pick up Muellers load in Bayonne all on the floor. Those were the days. Thank God I got that Ryder/PIE job later on in life so I could relax.:lmao:

I can't tell you how many Mueller macaroni loads I did at Baldwin Ave. Jersey City and then later at their Warehouse in Bayonne. I used to laugh later on when new guys used to complain when they had to handle maybe 100 cartons at a stop. Geez, in the 70's and 80's everything and everywhere you went you were handling nothing but floor loads. Triplex the best was EJ Korvetts in Bayonne, I used to deliver 45 Foot trailer loads of weights and bar bells stacked 2 high in the entire trailer. That was Johnson Motor Line freight, I was in my early 20's and after finishing that load I felt like I was your age.:hide: Sorry had to do that, then dispatch would send you to pick up Muellers load in Bayonne all on the floor. Those were the days. Thank God I got that Ryder/PIE job later on in life so I could relax.:lmao:
That was nice of Seabreeze to put in a good word for you so you could get a break.

Come to think of it Roady, you did look a little ragged and worn out when you came to PIE. :438:

Drove for the following companies:

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
ConWay Eastern Express (Teamster, former Penn Yan)
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow
YRC Freight

Seniority at UPS, Maislin, and PIE; Casual (Road or P&D or both) at the others.
Should have listed who you did NOT work for. Guessing a shorter list