Digging up bones.

You will have to ask Seabreeze about that. Lol
I think we used whale oil in our headlamps.
We did use kerosene in our emergency smudge pots.
If you had a hazmat load, you turned in the pots to the dispatcher, he gave you 3 red flags.
This was when Tri was a little boy standing beside the road wanting me to blow the horn.

There were plenty of Teamster jobs around back in the day. When I was staying loose and preferred working casual I went with whoever called me first in the morning or told me the night before to just come in without calling. Could pretty much work when I felt like it or go with which ever company I liked working at. Good old days for sure, long gone unfortunately.
My Dad once told me that when he started that a man when going from one company to another they would keep all there vacations and benefits. He started in the early 60s with Red Ball.

My Dad once told me that when he started that a man when going from one company to another they would keep all there vacations and benefits. He started in the early 60s with Red Ball.
When Spector bought Red Ball that was true.But,when you went to another company, it was to my knowledge not true.If you worked in the same local or joint council you usually kept your benefits unless a local was self insured .

Here in the south, you wouldn't keep vacation with a different company.
When changing companies you did not lose paid in pension if in the same conference. Vested pension was not lost if you went to a different conference but did not carry over to the other conference. I know several who draw two pensions, one from the Western Conference & one from Central States.
Changing companies meant you started from the bottom of the seniority roster & also applies to vacation for new hires.

When changing companies you did not lose paid in pension if in the same conference. Vested pension was not lost if you went to a different conference but did not carry over to the other conference. I know several who draw two pensions, one from the Western Conference & one from Central States.
Changing companies meant you started from the bottom of the seniority roster & also applies to vacation for new hires.
The exception to this is if a company you are employed by is bought by another company under a Teamster contract. When ABF bought Navajo, ETMF & Carolina/Worldway, employees of those companies were dovetailed in by seniority & kept their vacation.

City P&D and dock. INLAND EXPRESS-SCHUSTER-AXE $ ARTHUR -ROOTS EXPRESS-MFX- CAROLINA- BOSS LINCO-MASON DIXON-INTERSTATE-PRESTON-PTL(PENNSLYVANA TRUCK LINES(RAIL LOADS) BYRNS/HELMS-ABF- GATEWAY(FULL TIME FINALY) MAISLIN/QUINN(ON LAY OFF AFTER MERGE)STILL GOT AT LEAST 3 DAYS A WEEK-AFTER THE CLOSURE YELLOW FREIGHT SYSTEM-YELLOW/ROADWAY. AND I DID RETIRE WITH 31 GOOD YEARS. I M GLAD I STUCK IT OUT. OH YEA I FORGOT ABOUT DRIVING FOR THE US POSTAL SERVICE-CASUAL(XMAS HOLIDAY HELP) time/dcbermans motor express and associated transport

Last edited:
City P&D and dock. INLAND EXPRESS-SCHUSTER-AXE $ ARTHUR -ROOTS EXPRESS-MFX- CAROLINA- BOSS LINCO-MASON DIXON-INTERSTATE-PRESTON-PTL(PENNSLYVANA TRUCK LINES(RAIL LOADS) BYRNS/HELMS-ABF- GATEWAY(FULL TIME FINALY) MAISLIN/QUINN(ON LAY OFF AFTER MERGE)STILL GOT AT LEAST 3 DAYS A WEEK-AFTER THE CLOSURE YELLOW FREIGHT SYSTEM-YELLOW/ROADWAY. AND I DID RETIRE WITH 31 GOOD YEARS. I M GLAD I STUCK IT OUT. OH YEA I FORGOT ABOUT DRIVING FOR THE US POSTAL SERVICE-CASUAL(XMAS HOLIDAY HELP)
Tenacity, congratulations on a hard earned 31 yrs.

City P&D and dock. INLAND EXPRESS-SCHUSTER-AXE $ ARTHUR -ROOTS EXPRESS-MFX- CAROLINA- BOSS LINCO-MASON DIXON-INTERSTATE-PRESTON-PTL(PENNSLYVANA TRUCK LINES(RAIL LOADS) BYRNS/HELMS-ABF- GATEWAY(FULL TIME FINALY) MAISLIN/QUINN(ON LAY OFF AFTER MERGE)STILL GOT AT LEAST 3 DAYS A WEEK-AFTER THE CLOSURE YELLOW FREIGHT SYSTEM-YELLOW/ROADWAY. AND I DID RETIRE WITH 31 GOOD YEARS. I M GLAD I STUCK IT OUT. OH YEA I FORGOT ABOUT DRIVING FOR THE US POSTAL SERVICE-CASUAL(XMAS HOLIDAY HELP)
wow , got WD-40 ? Caps Lock stuck

yes you sure did bounce around. after all that you deserve the pension.