XPO | Do You Think That You Are Highly Skilled???

Is being a professional driver a skilled profession???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your political agenda has not gone un-noticed with your anti-Obama avatar. Some might find that avatar offensive. Do you care?

I like his new avatar because I agree with him, do you think pro-obama people care if they offend anyone with their anti-conservative spew or logos? His old avatar was the one that I chose before anyone else and he changed it, perhaps you could consider doing the same? Perhaps you do not know the history of the Gadsden Flag, as it may not fit with your political ideology.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his new avatar because I agree with him, do you think pro-obama people care if they offend anyone with their anti-conservative spew or logos? His old avatar was the one that I chose before anyone else and he changed it, perhaps you could consider doing the same? Perhaps you do not know the history of the Gadsden Flag, as it may not fit with your political ideology.
What matters is that I, and most others won't offend other's political sensibilities on this board. What's interesting is how you and your political buddy capitalize on the opportunity this forum provides to impose your political agenda. I am fully aware of the Gadsden flag history and who currently thinks it applies to them.

It's no secret the owner of truckingboards is also conservative and has demonstrated he hates Obama, so you are in friendly territory.

What matters is that I, and most others won't offend other's political sensibilities on this board. What's interesting is how you and your political buddy capitalize on the opportunity this forum provides to impose your political agenda. I am fully aware of the Gadsden flag history and who currently thinks it applies to them.

It's no secret the owner of truckingboards is also conservative and has demonstrated he hates Obama, so you are in friendly territory.

I cannot speak for the owner of this forum, as for myself I am not a hater of people, but that doesn't mean I don't hate bad policy, which is what we have had from President Obama from the get go. I fail to understand how I'm imposing my political agenda as I am not in a position to impose anything on anybody. Enough said about this as I do not wish to be seen as trying to hijack this thread of the Conway forum. I'm starting a new thread in the politics forum, follow me over there if you like.

I happen to think Obama's intelligent and very well spoken. I just think his ideals are so far off base regarding what is good for this Country, that electing him President was a big ass mistake. You can certainly disagree with me and I won't be offended.

There is no doubt in my mind you live by that credo. I hope it works out well for you.

So far, so good.

Thats funny, SCFreight is SLUMMING it with a bunch dumb truck drivers, and a few intelligent, hard working ones because it helps un-wind after a stressful day at the office.

Fixed most of that for you ^

Anybody who has spent any time around truck drivers knows how humorous they can be. Most of the time I laugh with them, some times I laugh at them.

Well the poll is closed and most of us think that driving a truck for a living is a skilled profession, 3 of us think we are semi-skilled, and 2 of us think that driving a big rig is like working at BK, can I take your order please. Thanks to everyone who voted.:smilies-19296::6781::thread:

Well the poll is closed and most of us think that driving a truck for a living is a skilled profession, 3 of us think we are semi-skilled, and 2 of us think that driving a big rig is like working at BK, can I take your order please. Thanks to everyone who voted.:smilies-19296::6781::thread:

As Walter once said

Welcome to Wal-Mart! Now get your **** and get out!

I guess not having any knowledge of hazmat, RQ, placarding, UN #'s, what you can and cannot load together takes no skill. Distance perception, unfamiliar routes, bridge height, just an overall safety awareness to the yourself and the general public. I just think your just stirring the hornets nest trying to get people fired up. It worked for a second!!! But im done, this is silly. It is a skill
he stands in front of the mirror when it's (go time) with his sweety and thinks,boy i'm too small,i'm inadequate,she's gonna laugh at me and pretends to fall asleep so he won't be embarASSed,it really must stink to have such a low opinion of oneself.

It is just looking at the situation realistically. You put to much faith in your worth. Anyone can do this job. Just look at the new hires. Hell they hired me. I do your job. How good can you be ?

It is just looking at the situation realistically. You put to much faith in your worth. Anyone can do this job. Just look at the new hires. Hell they hired me. I do your job. How good can you be ?
i have been in the freight business for years and i'm still learning . you and the new hires may go out and make deliveries and pickups and do linehaul , but truely knowing the freight business and how to works, well it takes years. just remember this (any one can be a glorified steering wheel holder)

just remember this (any one can be a glorified steering wheel holder)[/QUOTE]

Yep, and we all are.

Some of us realize it. Some like you make believe they are something more.

Eight years later , I still believe commercial drivers license jolders should be a skilled trade...but it's out of my hands. As others have said , larger forces ( trucking associations , retailers like Amazon and Walmart , politicians ) want things to stay the same.

Anyway , this is a thread bump.

How long does it take for your average twentysomething with no prior experience to get a CDL and get a job as a truck driver?

How long does it take for your average twentysomething with no prior experience to get a CDL and get a job as a truck driver?
How many last? How many are around after a year or two after they start ? How many can hack it and stay out of accidents ?
You can teach someone but that doesn’t mean their going to be able to do it well.