ODFL | dot physicals

groundhog74

TB Lurker
Credits
is anyone having problem with com dr saying your over weight and only giving you a 3 month card? says it is because of csa 2010 regs but thot it wasnt all passed.

They are just running out the un-healthy ,over-weight driver's..Well,I quess if we want to keep on driving we better be getting in shape.

This is all away to get the un-healthy driver's of the road..Sleep Apnea,heart problem's,etc..We don't have much choice..If you want to stay driving you play by the rules or find another job.Sorry!!that is the way it's going to be.

look daylight dean will get you straightened right up. got to give him lots of credit.
Thanks!But I just read the writing on the wall with the new regs,and I was starting to feel pretty lousy during and at the end of the run(sore knees,back,etc)and when I turned fifty I realised it'd be too late to start a new career not to mention the potential embarrassment of failing,or having to jump through hoops to pass the physical.If that isn't motavation enough to get in shape I don't know what else is,well actually I have other motavation she's a triathlete and I have to work really hard to keep up with her!!

well i am one of those guys that will never have to worry about weight. i do exercise but i should do more. i use to do p/d once i switched to linehaul i actually lost weight.

There is more to this instead of weight..Did a little checking today.OD Safety has heard nothing to the weight deal..If this was a issue.All trucking company's would have been inform'd of new rule..Sound's like to me.Someone think's they have more power than they do..
is anyone having problem with com dr saying your over weight and only giving you a 3 month card? says it is because of csa 2010 regs but thot it wasnt all passed.

talked to atm on Friday he says it is something gov is pushing.... it has to do with body mass index, if over 35 per only 3 month card to lose weight or do a sleep apneia test then who knows what....

talked to atm on Friday he says it is something gov is pushing.... it has to do with body mass index, if over 35 per only 3 month card to lose weight or do a sleep apneia test then who knows what....

Spotlight on Sleep Apnea - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

I don't work anymore so there's not much I can tell you.I found this site that might answer a few questions till somebody comes on with more info.I have used the machine and it does work if you can get used to it.

Most be some crap that the doctor there is trying to do...No-one in Safety is aware of the changes&also if there was a change OD would get a notice..Around here they have start'd measuring your neck&compare it to your weight.If neck is over the size then they say you are more prone to steep apnea.But, around here they will not give you no reduced to card.You are automatic ground for sleep test..A little advice never answer yes to any of the ? concerning snoring&problem's sleeping.That is a red flag..I took the sleep test&have been on the hose for over a year..It was my choice&I ask'd my doctor for the study..Everything was done&when my dot came up took a letter from my Doc....only thing is you have to have your dot renew'd every year.

Just saying.Sound's to me away the doc can get more money..OD will only pay for one dot exam every two yrs...So now they got 3 month's out of it&now you gota go back&pay for anotherone..Hey!!they prob will give you another 3 month's&you paying for that one&on&on..Look at all that money that doctor is generating .believe the term need's to look into it..

well went for my physical last thursday 10-18 and now grounded till i get sleep study.......dr out of atl was to call me friday10-19. monday morning 10-22 i called again finally call back to set up for wed nite. call wed morning to reschedule for nest mon nite 10-29. so i'll be off atleast 2 weeks if not more

well went for my physical last thursday 10-18 and now grounded till i get sleep study.......dr out of atl was to call me friday10-19. monday morning 10-22 i called again finally call back to set up for wed nite. call wed morning to reschedule for nest mon nite 10-29. so i'll be off atleast 2 weeks if not more

Keep us up to date with test and progress groundhog74.......I went thru the VA for my test.They wired me up and I went to sleep.I forget how many times my breathing stopped during the night but it was several.They gave me the machine but I never could get used to it then again I was retired and my income/job did not depend on it.I think I'll get it back out and try again.

You will be off for a while.wait to do test.Then you have to wait for result's which with me it was several week's,Then you most likely will have to go back for another test with cpap equipment hook'd up..What caught the sleep study???

we had a 2 city driver's go in&answer yes to snoring..Well,they ground'd them..They work'd the dock for 3 month's before they able to get back to driving..Good Luck.I have been on the hose for over a year now..I had my test done on my own..So when my physical came back up I had my letter from my sleep doctor&when I gave it to Primecare doctor they were like WOW!!!!..they said wish everyone did it that way..I love my hose.I just cuddle with it every night..lol

When I said do it on my on..When I seen my doctor for my yearly check I ask'd him about the sleep study.So he referr'd me do my sleep doctor.I had my study&everything done before my next DOT exam.So then I had my letter from doctor showing I was under his care&was being compliant.Everything went very smooth..The only thing now is I have to have a dot physical every year..Ga must have tougher law's than NC..
now we were told we have to use their dr. so we cant do one on our own......

Last edited by a moderator: