ODFL | dot physicals

well i got msg this morning that i'm cleared to go back tomorrow......but i still haven't got a disability check yet.......so three and a half weeks later still no check but at least i'm back to work

Since July, 5 at our terminal have had physicals, including myself. Except going to company contracted Doc. all has been same. There are a few more questions, guess we have answered correctly.Blood pressure normally runs 118/75, yet every time in last 25 years it goes nuts during initial reading at physical. Flight or fight kicks in. Been that way since Military recoup/hospital stay. VA hooked me up to a walking monitor 15 years ago, after a Doc tried to prescribe low blood pressure meds that almost killed me. So if given 20 or 30 mins after 1st reading it will drop to normal range,

I work for new Penn and went for my D.O.T. physical in Sept. and also have to take a sleep test. I wasn't grounded though, I was given a 3 month extention to get mine done. If I don't pass though I was told that it may take longer than needed to get me under the guidelines and then I may miss some work. I go for the test on Nov. 29th and my card expires on Dec. 27th. I just hope all goes well.

I work for new Penn and went for my D.O.T. physical in Sept. and also have to take a sleep test. I wasn't grounded though, I was given a 3 month extention to get mine done. If I don't pass though I was told that it may take longer than needed to get me under the guidelines and then I may miss some work. I go for the test on Nov. 29th and my card expires on Dec. 27th. I just hope all goes well.

Good luck on the test,keep us up to date.

Also remember when you get your DOT physical to take it by DMV..New Law..Was suppose to have started last year.Well,when mine came around I was told not to worry about it.Well,have a driver in GBO got a letter this week saying that is CDL's will be revoked by Dec.9th if he doesn't show proof.So I quess it all depend's on where you are.Just a head's up..

Also remember when you get your DOT physical to take it by DMV..New Law..Was suppose to have started last year.Well,when mine came around I was told not to worry about it.Well,have a driver in GBO got a letter this week saying that is CDL's will be revoked by Dec.9th if he doesn't show proof.So I quess it all depend's on where you are.Just a head's up..
Had to show my physical card when I changed my address this summer.

Took my sleep apnea test on Nov. 29th and was told today I have sleep apnea. I was told that in 287 minutes I stopped breathing or gasp for air over 300 times. Sounds like I should be dead. Now I go back on the 16th of Dec. to be fitted for the CPAP machine. I'm trying to get an extra 30 day Extention on my medical card or else I may miss about 2 weeks of work until I become compliant.

Took my sleep apnea test on Nov. 29th and was told today I have sleep apnea. I was told that in 287 minutes I stopped breathing or gasp for air over 300 times. Sounds like I should be dead. Now I go back on the 16th of Dec. to be fitted for the CPAP machine. I'm trying to get an extra 30 day Extention on my medical card or else I may miss about 2 weeks of work until I become compliant.

Really apply yourself using that machine it means more than your job.Good luck.

Do either of your machines have a card in them that tells how often and how well you use the machine ? Mine does,I wondered if they all do.

Nightowl I was asking because Od doesn't allow us to work once we are told we need tested. We get grounded till test and then become compliant with use of Cpap

Yes mine does have SIM card

Oh, ok. I guess they let me keep working because the doc gave me a 90 day Extention on my D.O.T. card to become compliant. Has long has my medical card is good I guess they have to let me keep working. Has far has the sim card goes I was told I would have to use the machine 75% of the time to stay compliant because they would monitor the card.

I just got a call from the company that OD has arranged to do our sleep testing and supply us with necessary supplies at no cost to us (covered by ins.) I have been on CPAP machine for going on 8 years and would say it has been one of the best things i've done.If the information I got is correct it would seem that OD has done everything it can to make this process as easy for their drivers as they can. I would also say that if you have sleep apnea or think you might be a candidate for sleep apnea try to be proactive and address the problem a couple of months ahead of your physical.

Nightowl Od doesn't honor three month cards any more not sure why but I got one too but was still done. Back to work on it now should get new one next month to fill out my yearly card I'm guessing

Goodluck Groundhog hope it works out for ya...you know not that there's much we can do, but is it just me or does making us take these test just because they say were overweight or have a big neck seem like a form of discrimination? I have no problem using the machine, its just the way its came about that burns me up.. they could not do this to any other profession and get away with it. The ACLU would be all over it.

Your right it is a form of discrimination. It isn't right. I lost about 2500.00 because of this. 3 weeks later I'm still trying to catch up. Pisses me off.

I had to go twice.First time was the test without machine..Second time was with the machine..Then I had to wait back from the Doc&then had to go to Medical supply to get my machine&supplies..Did find out this week in Gbo that the lady who handles everything.She will fax a copy of new card to State of NC..Keep us from going by there..One less thing I need to do.lol..

I'm required to show 4 hour's a night to be compliant..I just scedule my yearly sleep doc apointment before my dot is due..Take my card&have doc download..Then he just print me out a letter showing that I'm under his care&compliant..Had no problem's when I went for my DOT..The nurse said she wish every driver would do what I did..
Do either of your machines have a card in them that tells how often and how well you use the machine ? Mine does,I wondered if they all do.