ODFL | dot physicals

ok so 4 hrs a night makes you compliant? i was wondering how or what compliancy was based on. that's good to know. hopefully it will be the same from state to state?

ok so 4 hrs a night makes you compliant? i was wondering how or what compliancy was based on. that's good to know. hopefully it will be the same from state to state?

Not sure if that is per State or what..I just know that is what the Doc told me&Ibelieve that is required by insurance..The way our insurance cover's..You lease the machine for 10 month's&then you will own the machine..I believe I leases it for around $10 a month.Then at the end of the lease period then I believe I had to pay about $200 out of pocket..Not sure how it work's going through the DOT deal..I did mine on my own.DOT Doc. did not make me do anything.

Found this to be interesting, right from the fmcsa itself... CSA - Frequently Asked Questions now what I'm wondering is if a driver refuses the test wswhat grounds they can disqualify you on..they would have no evidence of sleep apnea and they can't disqualify you on your bmi or neck size...it would be a question for a good lawyer. I'm still taking my sleep test but I have also contacted the aclu here in Baltimore (not that it will do any good, but who knows) to see if maybe this could be considered discrimination...

Has anyone heard about the new program OD has start'd with Sleep Apnea???I was confront'd yesterday by one of my superviser's asking me if would be interest'd.Umm...He said that OD has contracted with a company that will offer free care with the driver's on CPAP..Free Care,equip,etc...Sound's good but sound's like to me big government..Cause now they will have control over your SIM card from your machine.They will monitor it yearly.Company coming next week to talk to the driver's that are on machine..Does sound good,to good if everything is cover'd at 100%.But,on the other hand I'm not sure If I want anyone to have control over this except my personal doctor who I see yearly&he download's my yearly info to send a letter to DOT Doc saying I'm under his care.Welcome to Big Government.."OBAMACARE 101.

Would be interesting to see.But,honestly my opinion is if it save's one driver from falling asleep at the wheel&having a wreck it is worth it..This has been going on for yrs,&they have been getting tighter with guideline's..There are to many wreck's on the road from driver's falling asleep..I can say since I've been on the hose I feel 100% better&don't get sleepy during the day.So it's worth it to me..My problem is the way they are doing it.I think driver's should be made aware of this.Biggest thing is OD is getting stricter with there guideline's.They will not take a 3 month.It has to be atleast a yr.
Found this to be interesting, right from the fmcsa itself... CSA - Frequently Asked Questions now what I'm wondering is if a driver refuses the test wswhat grounds they can disqualify you on..they would have no evidence of sleep apnea and they can't disqualify you on your bmi or neck size...it would be a question for a good lawyer. I'm still taking my sleep test but I have also contacted the aclu here in Baltimore (not that it will do any good, but who knows) to see if maybe this could be considered discrimination...