XPO | Driver Facing Drivecam

So worried about these cameras, but yet they have Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snap Chat, Amazon and who knows what next. He a little fun fact all these company tract you have data on you and for all you that post videos on them they have that to. You let them into you homes with there listening devices, give then access to your locks and provide video for them. Yet you worried about a little drive cam at work. Try this drive smart take you time, you can't pickup or deliver the freight if you crash the truck. Remember you can only do one stop at a time. If for some reason the cam trips just smile.

So worried about these cameras, but yet they have Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snap Chat, Amazon and who knows what next. He a little fun fact all these company tract you have data on you and for all you that post videos on them they have that to. You let them into you homes with there listening devices, give then access to your locks and provide video for them. Yet you worried about a little drive cam at work. Try this drive smart take you time, you can't pickup or deliver the freight if you crash the truck. Remember you can only do one stop at a time. If for some reason the cam trips just smile.

Most videos they show me. I didn’t even know the thing went off. I’m just sitting there.

Not to mention that stuff bein discoverable in court... which is why a lot of companies that had em are ditchin em. Why give anybody more crap to use against ya?
Even some of the big truckload carrier don't even want the driver using personal one.
The videos can be used by either party in a court case and now more and more lawyers know about them.
I was told the company charges $500 for a copy of the cam recording. Well in a multi-million dollar law suit that pocket change.

The case was made more about privacy and O/O's having them in their trucks and being watched/seen while they could be changing or sleeping or off duty etc.

If your truck is your bedroom, then there should be a way to shut it down when you're parked and off duty.

Try this drive smart take you time, you can't pickup or deliver the freight if you crash the truck. Remember you can only do one stop at a time. If for some reason the cam trips just smile.

If people would put half as much effort into adjusting their driving as they do complaining about the cameras, they could easily outsmart them. It's really not that hard to do.

This is a preposterous take. Amazon, Facebook, etc, they aren't going to fire me and deprive me and my family of wages and health insurance. Yes, I am going to be far more concerned about the people who can ruin my families life than the one where I share funny pictures, and so should you.

This is a preposterous take. Amazon, Facebook, etc, they aren't going to fire me and deprive me and my family of wages and health insurance. Yes, I am going to be far more concerned about the people who can ruin my families life than the one where I share funny pictures, and so should you.

There have been plenty of idiots fired for the stupidity they do on social media.

No a social media company wont fire you, but go to work and do some dumb ::shit:: and post it on Facebook, twitter ,or what every and see what happens. I sure someone would drop the dime on you.

Then why would you suggest a social media platform would fire someone ?

Again. I am against the camera. Just don’t think you are describing your position very well.

I didn't suggest a social media company would fire anybody. That was literally the point of what I wrote, that a social media company can't fire us.

High driver pay lands GP Transco on ‘Best Trucking Companies to Work For’ list
By
Ashley
-
February 26, 2020
GP-Transco-1-696x497.png

Trucking company GP Transco recently appeared on Smart-Trucking.com’s “Best Trucking Companies to Work For in 2020” list in the “Best Paid Trucking Jobs” category.

Smart-Trucking.com recognized GP Transco for being the 3rd highest paying carrier in the U.S. according to the website truckdriverssalary.com, ranking only behind Walmart and Sysco — making GP Transco the highest paying non-private fleet trucking company on this list in 2019.

Smart-Trucking.com’s listing also recognized GP Transco for their forward-thinking policy of making driver-facing cameras a completely voluntary option to all company drivers and paying drivers an extra 2 cents per mile if the driver chooses this option.

From - CDL Life

High driver pay lands GP Transco on ‘Best Trucking Companies to Work For’ list
By
Ashley
-
February 26, 2020
GP-Transco-1-696x497.png

Trucking company GP Transco recently appeared on Smart-Trucking.com’s “Best Trucking Companies to Work For in 2020” list in the “Best Paid Trucking Jobs” category.

Smart-Trucking.com recognized GP Transco for being the 3rd highest paying carrier in the U.S. according to the website truckdriverssalary.com, ranking only behind Walmart and Sysco — making GP Transco the highest paying non-private fleet trucking company on this list in 2019.

Smart-Trucking.com’s listing also recognized GP Transco for their forward-thinking policy of making driver-facing cameras a completely voluntary option to all company drivers and paying drivers an extra 2 cents per mile if the driver chooses this option.

From - CDL Life
Got this off there web site:
OTP stands for Outstanding Trucking Professional. Our company drivers often ask us about how they can begin earning even more with GP Transco, and the new OTP Profit-sharing program is the answer.

All truck drivers who begin working at GP Transco are required to have a minimum 1 year of recent and verifiable trucking experience, a good driving record, outstanding professionalism, and a commitment to the job. For that, drivers are paid a competitive rate of 50 cents per mile from the start, which is over $78,000/year with the ability to receive health insurance, 401k with matching, and more. In order for a driver to make even more via OTP Bonus, he or she must maintain the following on a consistent basis:

On-time Delivery
Attendance & HOS Utilization
Proper Communication
Proper Maintenance
Safety
Professionalism

If the driver is paid layover pay, breakdown pay, or other accessorial payments, he or she would not receive OTP Profit-sharing for the week. The Driver's OTP status is reviewed and the bonus is paid on a weekly basis, as long as the company driver met the criteria listed above during the previous week and with no layovers, breakdowns, or other exceptions occurred (please speak with our recruiting team for more details). This adds 6 cents per mile to the driver's pay, which can add up to over $9,000 a year, a total of up to $87,000 in annual salary*. Overall, about half of GP Transco drivers get paid for OTP on any given week.

And to make that 78K per year at $0.50/mile you will have to drive 3000 mile a week
3000 miles at XPO 3000 miles x .692=$155,946 also don't for get drop and hook time and mor home time

Yes this company has a goo pay scale, but it does come with a catch

Got this off there web site:
OTP stands for Outstanding Trucking Professional. Our company drivers often ask us about how they can begin earning even more with GP Transco, and the new OTP Profit-sharing program is the answer.

All truck drivers who begin working at GP Transco are required to have a minimum 1 year of recent and verifiable trucking experience, a good driving record, outstanding professionalism, and a commitment to the job. For that, drivers are paid a competitive rate of 50 cents per mile from the start, which is over $78,000/year with the ability to receive health insurance, 401k with matching, and more. In order for a driver to make even more via OTP Bonus, he or she must maintain the following on a consistent basis:

On-time Delivery
Attendance & HOS Utilization
Proper Communication
Proper Maintenance
Safety
Professionalism

If the driver is paid layover pay, breakdown pay, or other accessorial payments, he or she would not receive OTP Profit-sharing for the week. The Driver's OTP status is reviewed and the bonus is paid on a weekly basis, as long as the company driver met the criteria listed above during the previous week and with no layovers, breakdowns, or other exceptions occurred (please speak with our recruiting team for more details). This adds 6 cents per mile to the driver's pay, which can add up to over $9,000 a year, a total of up to $87,000 in annual salary*. Overall, about half of GP Transco drivers get paid for OTP on any given week.

And to make that 78K per year at $0.50/mile you will have to drive 3000 mile a week
3000 miles at XPO 3000 miles x .692=$155,946 also don't for get drop and hook time and mor home time

Yes this company has a goo pay scale, but it does come with a catch
I'm guessing that this is the over-the-road company's starting pay versus an LTL's top pay.

I'm guessing that this is the over-the-road company's starting pay versus an LTL's top pay.
well not sure what our starting LH pay is?
I did forget if you meet the standards you then get another $0.06 per mile and if you meet all this for the full 52 weeks in a year then you get an extra $9 per year. Making a grand total of $87K.

well not sure what our starting LH pay is?
I did forget if you meet the standards you then get another $0.06 per mile and if you meet all this for the full 52 weeks in a year then you get an extra $9 per year. Making a grand total of $87K.

This was my point. You get a choice for drivecams or not. Not their compensation package. As with any company , you don't have to go there to work.