XPO | Driver Facing Drivecam

Here's the list. The problem here is they figured the hourly rate on a 40hrs work week. There is no way you can drive 3000 mile a week in 40hrs. What has to been done is take the year salary divide it by 52 then divide it again by any number between 60 and 70hrs for the OTR companies. As for the pay by hour companies some are the real rate they pay per hour and some must be an average because some seem high.

https://www.truckdriverssalary.com/best-paying-trucking-companies-list/

Smart-Trucking.com’s listing also recognized GP Transco for their forward-thinking policy of making driver-facing cameras a completely voluntary option to all company drivers and paying drivers an extra 2 cents per mile if the driver chooses this option.

This was my point. You get a choice for drivecams or not. Not their compensation package. As with any company , you don't have to go there to work.
True. What makes it bad is when CDL life post bull ::shit:: numbers just look at the link in my post above. I not saying they are a bad company if that's what you want to do. This is way no one what to do the job. These company post all these high yearly salaries but let out that you will work close to 70hrs a week and be out all week.

and companies are hiring a third party to do research on new employee ie like looking at there social media accounts. The has been stories that pop up time to time about someone that didn't get a job because of there social media accounts
Do the smart thing with your social media accounts...lock them down tighter than a boar’s ass. Don’t go ‘public’ with your Facebook settings, allow ‘friends only’ to see your posts. Pretty simple. Jeezus, I’ve popped off about former employers on occasion (while employed at these places), and I never heard diddly-squat. Another wise move: don’t have co-workers on your accounts.

Do the smart thing with your social media accounts...lock them down tighter than a boar’s ass. Don’t go ‘public’ with your Facebook settings, allow ‘friends only’ to see your posts. Pretty simple. Jeezus, I’ve popped off about former employers on occasion (while employed at these places), and I never heard diddly-squat. Another wise move: don’t have co-workers on your accounts.
Did you mean 'rats or suspected rats' but used co-workers? von.

Yes...rats. We all wanna ‘share’ stuff with co-workers (pictures, etc.) on social media. If I wanted to share something that bad, a text usually sufficed. That way, it’s not ‘out there’ for all to see.
Really think again. Once you send it out it's out there. What stopping the one who received it wont forward it on or put it on social media.

When these drive-cams were being trialed, our freight supervisor had full access to all the incident recordings and would look at ones from other barns as well. The company eventually started cutting access off for people because it was becoming an issue of people sending accidents around to each other.

When these drive-cams were being trialed, our freight supervisor had full access to all the incident recordings and would look at ones from other barns as well. The company eventually started cutting access off for people because it was becoming an issue of people sending accidents around to each other.
And God knows what else they’re viewing by virtue of these cameras being driver-facing.

And you all just have to sit there and take it. No such thing as invasion of privacy anymore. Only thing you can do is leave for a company without them. That is most of ltl by the way

What if it doesn’t cover your butt and exposes it instead? You’ve never taken a drink or turned your Bluetooth on only to discover someone pulled in front of you and hit the brakes?
I believe we’ve had them for around six years now. Haven’t had any issues yet. Sure, I was a bit worried about the whole thing at first, but I’m over it. No big deal

Is there something wrong taking a drink or turning on your bluetooth? I do those kind of things all the time and never been coached once for them.
Continuing the thought you are quoting me from; those things are not the problem per say. It’s when the camera catches you doing that leading to an accident that is a problem. That footage is subpoenable as evidence and will hang the driver not the company.

Continuing the thought you are quoting me from; those things are not the problem per say. It’s when the camera catches you doing that leading to an accident that is a problem. That footage is subpoenable as evidence and will hang the driver not the company.
The camera is always recording audio and video but doesn't construct, for uploading, a video until the camera is activated, by any number of situations, such as, swaying, hard braking, or whatever the camera computer motion program decides is dangerous.
Here is something that did happen to a driver buddy. He pulls up to a marked railroad crossing, which is just down the road from the terminal. At this time of night, there is never and I mean never, any train traffic. He slows down but does not make a complete stop. He drives across the bumpy track crossing. The bumping activates the camera, which records not only the real time movement but also adds the previous 6 seconds, from the always recording loop, from before the camera activation. It uploads the video, the watching company sends it to the home safety office, who then sends it for "coaching" and a write up all because he didn't make a complete stop, late at night, and in the middle of nowhere. If you get a certain number of write ups, there is a progression, of punishment, up to and including termination. This crap is just starting.

The camera is always recording audio and video but doesn't construct, for uploading, a video until the camera is activated, by any number of situations, such as, swaying, hard braking, or whatever the camera computer motion program decides is dangerous.
Here is something that did happen to a driver buddy. He pulls up to a marked railroad crossing, which is just down the road from the terminal. At this time of night, there is never and I mean never, any train traffic. He slows down but does not make a complete stop. He drives across the bumpy track crossing. The bumping activates the camera, which records not only the real time movement but also adds the previous 6 seconds, from the always recording loop, from before the camera activation. It uploads the video, the watching company sends it to the home safety office, who then sends it for "coaching" and a write up all because he didn't make a complete stop, late at night, and in the middle of nowhere. If you get a certain number of write ups, there is a progression, of punishment, up to and including termination. This crap is just starting.
Was he hauling haz-mat?

Which is exactly what the insurance companies, and the employers, want.