XPO | Dropped Trailer Awareness?

Safety is just a talking point. Not an actual expectation.
No, they want both . Quick hook times and no drop trailers. We have guys that years ago ran around the trailers and hooked in 10 minutes when the company was trying to figure out how long it took to hook. The jack ass’s thought it was a contest. It takes as long as it takes to hook safely.

No, they want both . Quick hook times and no drop trailers. We have guys that years ago ran around the trailers and hooked in 10 minutes when the company was trying to figure out how long it took to hook. The jack ass’s thought it was a contest. It takes as long as it takes to hook safely.

Just another example of short sighted drivers shooting themselves in the foot. Been going on forever. Sad.

Just another example of short sighted drivers shooting themselves in the foot. Been going on forever. Sad.
Short sightedness is a problem. Look ,I get doing things in a timely manner and yes we all need to mindful of how we do things and keep the circle of life in mind . Safety is truly first at the top as far as priorities. Then time savings . It’s a balance, like all things .
The company will push as far as you let them . That’s a fact . Most of upper management has no experience in trucking and to be quite frank, I don’t think they have the care too .? This is a problem as we will have going forward .

Last edited:

Not true. If they wanted safety. It would be the only thing they talk about. It's not. It's a brief statement on accidents and injuries and then money money money. All they care about is money.

Not true. If they wanted safety. It would be the only thing they talk about. It's not. It's a brief statement on accidents and injuries and then money money money. All they care about is money.
I can't just give a "like" on this. Lately , all kinds of things get overlooked or swept under the rug simply because money is being made. If you want specifics just go through our threads. Safety is an afterthought and an annoyance to the upper management.

Personally , I wonder if things are that bad or is this just Jacobs squeezing every dime out of the place? Maybe a combination of the two?

Maybe. Like I said they want both IMHO. I will agree there’s a definite limit to the dollar amount that governs it.

Maybe. Like I said they want both IMHO. I will agree there’s a definite limit to the dollar amount that governs it.

If they wanted top tier talented drivers they would pay for them. A good driver with millions of safe miles saves the company a fortune. They are all quitting. Costing the company a fortune. Jacobs makes the decisions. He can live with the consequences.

If they wanted top tier talented drivers they would pay for them. A good driver with millions of safe miles saves the company a fortune. They are all quitting. Costing the company a fortune. Jacobs makes the decisions. He can live with the consequences.
Oh they want those million milers they just want them if there’s no additional cost involved.

and how are those million mile drivers saving the company money??

Refuse to pull the load with that truck. You will probably get put into the neatest piece of junk but it will at least kill any dot worries
well there's the problem. The problem I have seem is some drivers refusing to write up there assigned truck because then they would have to drive another one. I was told to take a truck to the shop for service. The 2 drivers that shared the truck one in the city one on LH both were million mile driver. So to most they are suppose to be the top drivers here. Well when I walk out to the truck and did my inspection which took about 30secs I put it O/S and refused to driver. Steer tires were 2/32, drives were the same, engine light on, emission light on.These are are top drivers yea right.
Some driver have standards other don't. I seen the guy bitch because his trailer was just over 24K or his set was just over 42,800 and refuse to pull it due to no scale at that barn. Then Sat morning rolls around and he will pull over 45K so he can go home early. To me thats a driver with NO standard

Safety is just a talking point. Not an actual expectation.
Yep. It's like, "Here you go new guy, sign the training certificate so the company can cover it's butt when you get hurt." For the new hire there is a dichotomy between what the company wants them to learn vs. the reality of being an XPO employee. As a trainer, I make their safety my top priority and mix in the real life stuff with the Powerpoint presentations.