XPO | Dropping trailer to low and setting off camera.

Hell I cant back under a trailer without the drive cam going off with a new automatic trans truck.

The only time my camera ever goes off is when I'm backing under a heavy trailer. I do everything that I did without the camera..kinda seems like a waste. Looks like somebody totaled a refurb. Unit. ID like to see the video on that one.

this is exactly what con-way wants. to live in fear of your job every single day. He will be fine I'm sure, but there is life after con-way. It's only a job

To me it's an absolute joke that anyone has to worry about their job that much. Rules rules rules and you MUST comply 100% AND be on board with our agenda or we will fire you!

To me it's an absolute joke that anyone has to worry about their job that much. Rules rules rules and you MUST comply 100% AND be on board with our agenda or we will fire you!

If you worked here, you would know that's not true.
We don't worry about losing our job with every little misstep.
We know there is a fair and realistic point system that let's people screw up quite a bit and still maintain their job here.
Maybe people that quit were scared that they would get fired eventually.
Maybe they were not good workers to begin with and just found it easier to blame the big bad company and it's rules than to look inward.
Just sayin'.

We know there is a fair and realistic point system that let's people screw up quite a bit and still maintain their job here.
Maybe they were not good workers to begin with and just found it easier to blame the big bad company and it's rules than to look inward.
Just sayin'.

I HAVE worked for Con-way. Haven't been gone that long. I felt the winds of change blowing and decided it was best for me to leave.

I worked hard every day and was never personally in fear for my job. What did happen time and time again was being subjected to management that would push good employees harder and harder while letting those who did little skate. You couldn't tell them anything, they knew it all. And as time went by the became further and dither tone deaf to the needs and voice of the driver. These "coaching events" are an example. It's an opportunity for the "trainer" (who in my terminals case had less experience than most of us including myself and had never been in a tractor/trailer before Con-way) spout chapter and verse from the Con-way agenda with no ears to the real situation, whatever that situation might be.

You're happy at Con-way. Good for you. That doesn't give any less credibility to the things going on within the corporation that are detrimental to the betterment of the company. Forgive me for or following you or Con-way blindly.

I've never been in fear of my job. this is an easy job. you know that. Easy money.

Never said I was in fear for my job personally. I feel sorry for my friends still there who are now required to do all that ass covering that seems to be required nowadays.

You say the job is easy. I disagree, because I've found a much easier one, for better money.

Just sayin'.

If you tip over a kite you'll see how "fair and realistic" the point system is.

We had a driver get blown over by the wind and he still got fired. Should he not have been here? ??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

To give the devil his due I don't know of many places that will let you stay if you tip a box over and you're at fault. When I was still with Con-way we fired a driver for rolling his back box but he was at fault. About a year later we had another driver roll one but he's still there. Difference was that he wasn't at fault. A car cut him off and to avoid he rolled the back box. Nothing he could do.

You can do a lot of little stupid stuff on a regular basis and still be here. Points drop off, so as long as you don't do all your crap in a short time period, you're good.
I personally know of of a few guys that flipped their trailer. One fired, but probably more due to the severity of the incident. The others still here because, after review, they were found to not have been at fault.
Side note, you have to really work at it to flip a kite. Obviously it happens, but it takes some effort.

You can do a lot of little stupid stuff on a regular basis and still be here. Points drop off, so as long as you don't do all your crap in a short time period, you're good.
I personally know of of a few guys that flipped their trailer. One fired, but probably more due to the severity of the incident. The others still here because, after review, they were found to not have been at fault.
Side note, you have to really work at it to flip a kite. Obviously it happens, but it takes some effort.
Company policy states tip over trlr= termination. I'm going to assume you don't drive in the NEast, I have seen so many pups over on I--84 that you realize it's not hard to flip them. All it takes is slippery roads, a light kite, and a steep bank beside the road.

Company policy states tip over trlr= termination. I'm going to assume you don't drive in the NEast, I have seen so many pups over on I--84 that you realize it's not hard to flip them. All it takes is slippery roads, a light kite, and a steep bank beside the road.

Again to give the devil his due, there are a good number of 20+ year employees that live in that neck of the woods so they must be doing something to keep from rolling the rear wagon.