XPO | DSR pulls wrong trailer

iamgs3

TB Lurker
Credits
A DSR pulled a wrong trailer from the FAC to his service center. He should have pulled 313-5446 but hooked 315-5446. He failed to check the seal number. He wanted to do the right thing but made an honest mistake. I have been told by other DSR’s that he will not get paid for that run. True or False?

Here is the real question. If a SCM,FOM,FOS, or one of the SUITS at Ann Arbor makes an honest mistake, does he not get paid for the time he used making the decision and execution of the plan that turned out to be a mistake?

He will not be paid for the half of the trip that he pulled the wrong trailer.Right or wrong, thems the rules.

A DSR pulled a wrong trailer from the FAC to his service center. He should have pulled 313-5446 but hooked 315-5446. He failed to check the seal number. He wanted to do the right thing but made an honest mistake. I have been told by other DSR’s that he will not get paid for that run. True or False?

Here is the real question. If a SCM,FOM,FOS, or one of the SUITS at Ann Arbor makes an honest mistake, does he not get paid for the time he used making the decision and execution of the plan that turned out to be a mistake?
Remember, we are all on the same(TEAM) L.O.L.!:eck13:

I remember reading something years ago that said a company could not "charge" you for a mistake at work. They could suspend or fire you but not take money from you. I guess losing a quarter of your run pay is better than those things. One of those battles not worth fighting I guess.

They are going to waterboard him on Monday.

It's so easy to mistake trailers with those types of numbers.
He might have been in a hurry.

It's a tough price to pay and an unforgettable lesson to be learned.
I think he will lose part of the trip and also get a write up.

in the state of michigan, a company can not refuse to pay you for work performed, quoted from our attorney general in lansing. they can reprimand you in other ways but not paying you for work performed is not one of them.

Maybe linhaul should lose a days wage or the cost of sending more than 1 driver to cover 1 via...

Or an FOS could lose the amount of Shipper's co$t when they mis-route a shipment.

People make mistakes. Like spend millions on a failed pallet refer program, or overspend on the acquisition of CFI.

in the state of michigan, a company can not refuse to pay you for work performed, quoted from our attorney general in lansing. they can reprimand you in other ways but not paying you for work performed is not one of them.

It may be time for the driver to contact his labor board from the state he is from. just because he did his job wrong does not mean he isn't entitled his pay.

they are going to waterboard him on monday.

It's so easy to mistake trailers with those types of numbers.
He might have been in a hurry.

It's a tough price to pay and an unforgettable lesson to be learned.
I think he will lose part of the trip and also get a write up.

check your seals. Check your seals. Check your seals.

this has been the rule for several years, company has to pay another driver to take it back where it goes to. so you take loss to cover the extra pay for other driver.

have seen fos get loi's for putting wrong trailer # on manifest and wrong trailer going down road but they still get paid.

but seems you may have something on getting paid. I know it is company policy if a driver is caught stealing time. you cant go back and clock him out when he started stealing time. like he is told to go home at 8pm. but goes out to smoke and use bathroom chit chat for 20 minutes then you find him ask him why he hasnt clocked out. supervisor cant go back and clock him out at 8pm. company policy says he must be paid, all you can do is give loi or ask for termination.

Depending on ur file, you could be terminated based on years at company and how much you make. Any reason needed to let you go. Then you can proudly wear the tshirt about the tough times and tough teams.

all of this debate about being right or wrong can be fixed with one simple solution

DONT PULL THE WRONG TRAILER check your numbers twice, three, times four if you have to i check when im hooking after i hook before in go in and dispatch and then when you walk out to the truck

the only reason to be in that big a hurry not to check them is running out the door to run with your buddy i have seen it

not checking your numbers is like not checking your pintle to make sure its closed