XPO | DSR pulls wrong trailer

should be the law, people do make mistakes, if its first offense, should get a slap on the wrist, company owners don't care when moneys need to be paid.

Maybe linhaul should lose a days wage or the cost of sending more than 1 driver to cover 1 via...

Absolutely they "should be punished" for mistakes but "we" are not to question linehaul. My manager did and got told to mind his own business. So, mistakes go untouched. If we gave them a letter for all the mistakes they made, the tree huggers would have a cow after seeing how many trees we would have to chop down for the paper.

As far as getting paid for a mistake, last I knew, you can not be denied your pay. Now, I don't know but that might have changed. I am sure the big blue striped machine has lawyers to figure all that stuff out.

I just think if you deny someone's pay, then you don't get the loi to go with it. One or the other but not both.

Or an FOS could lose the amount of Shipper's co$t when they mis-route a shipment.

People make mistakes. Like spend millions on a failed pallet refer program, or overspend on the acquisition of CFI.

Oh wow, you must be a long timer if you remember the pallet refers. Man, that had to be back in the late 80's, early 90's when that happened. :ohmy:

all of this debate about being right or wrong can be fixed with one simple solution

DONT PULL THE WRONG TRAILER check your numbers twice, three, times four if you have to i check when im hooking after i hook before in go in and dispatch and then when you walk out to the truck

the only reason to be in that big a hurry not to check them is running out the door to run with your buddy i have seen it

not checking your numbers is like not checking your pintle to make sure its closed

Yeah, you should give them a glance twice or three times before you go but, EVERYONE makes mistakes. Give the guy a break before you grill him.

Oh wow, you must be a long timer if you remember the pallet refers. Man, that had to be back in the late 80's, early 90's when that happened. :ohmy:

I believe the Pallet Refer Program was introduced in 1994 and then decommissioned about a year later. It was a real bu$t.
The equipment was less than reliable.
It required gauge inspection at every way point.
The units needed to be charged after each use at specific regional locations.
Freshly charged units had to be readily available for customers.
And they logged more empty miles then loaded.

Am pretty sure it was John L's project.

I believe the Pallet Refer Program was introduced in 1994 and then decommissioned about a year later. It was a real bu$t.
The equipment was less than reliable.
It required gauge inspection at every way point.
The units needed to be charged after each use at specific regional locations.
Freshly charged units had to be readily available for customers.
And they logged more empty miles then loaded.

Am pretty sure it was John L's project.

I do remember them sitting around on our dock not doing anything. It was a real joke but I don't think it was John L's project.

either way its a big corporate company where drivers are just replaceable to them, they all pretty much got us by the balls these days

:hide: Bankrupt: Where do you come up with this stuff?
The pintle hook video is too much!
Do you have too much time on your hands?
I thouroughly enjoyed the video. :smilie_132:

:hide: Bankrupt: Where do you come up with this stuff?
The pintle hook video is too much!
Do you have too much time on your hands?
I thouroughly enjoyed the video. :smilie_132:

I agree!:clap:
It was odd yet cool.
I would never have expected something like that to be on YouTube.

:thumbsup: Bankrupt!

Was looking for something else when I stumbled on that video.

Who could of thought that a video could make a pintle hook so attractive and exciting?

well out here is ca it is illegal for a employer not to pay you for your said work time , regardless if you pulled the wrong trailer or not , conway will end up paying espeacially here in ca , the ca labor board loves big companys like conway. dont let any ASCM OR SOME FOS TELL MYOU OTHER WISE its illegal to deny you pay for hours work dont give a crap if your mileage or hourly or interstate or intrastate . the law is pretty clear let conway violate it and they will pay by thier ignorance

Been there pulled the wrong trailer fromXIN to XCO got paded for half of the trip had to go back to xco to get the trailer and pull it to my home terminal so it could get pulled to XIN and a driver had to get the right trailer and take it to XCO I learned one thing CHECK your numbers and seal yes I only got 1/2 pay from XIN to XCO but I still got my Job.