XPO | DSR pulls wrong trailer

all of this debate about being right or wrong can be fixed with one simple solution

DONT PULL THE WRONG TRAILER check your numbers twice, three, times four if you have to i check when im hooking after i hook before in go in and dispatch and then when you walk out to the truck

the only reason to be in that big a hurry not to check them is running out the door to run with your buddy i have seen it

not checking your numbers is like not checking your pintle to make sure its closed

You check the pintle hook?

you know that pintle hook is for rookies, us old timers just use the chains. makes the hook and unhook faster.

and makes it easier to see the rear trailer as it slides side to side. hate not being able to see the rear trailer makes me think it fell off.

all of this debate about being right or wrong can be fixed with one simple solution

DONT PULL THE WRONG TRAILER check your numbers twice, three, times four if you have to i check when im hooking after i hook before in go in and dispatch and then when you walk out to the truck

the only reason to be in that big a hurry not to check them is running out the door to run with your buddy i have seen it

not checking your numbers is like not checking your pintle to make sure its closed
What he said.

not only double and triple check the trailer numbers but also take a quick second to check the seal numbers, esp if you are not pulling the trailer out of a door......if the trailer number and seal number match the correct paperwork in your hand they will have to pay you, regardless of what freight is on that trailer, just my 2 cents

I would think that with your experience you would be a coupling expert. How many hours do you think you have at solo coupling?

You've been peeking in my windows?

I've yet to grow hair on my palms and I am far from blind.....But I have a great imagination.

what does solo coupling mean?? been drivin 15 years, ive learned the hard way how easy it is to mistake a trailer by one number and gotta double check on your pre trip before ya hit the road

what does solo coupling mean?? been drivin 15 years, ive learned the hard way how easy it is to mistake a trailer by one number and gotta double check on your pre trip before ya hit the road

solo coupling is what your mother warned you about causing you to go blind. Hey, maybe that's why it's so easy to hook the wrong trailer

conway did this once before, someone sued, they paid ccx drivers and now they are back to not paying.regardless you are responsible for the trailers even if you pull the wrong ones so why would they not pay us

I don't know the answer, best I can guess is part of the setbacks of the economy, im actually hopin to get hired by ccx, right now times are real bad, gotta b extra careful, theres very little room for error right now. I just lost my job from a mishap, been 3 weeks now. longest I've ever been out of work, I've always found a new job when needed within days. when I go to apply, im overwhelmed by how many other applicants there were, companies have the upperhand right now. take it slow and stay under the radar

How about if the numbers are wrong but the right freight still got to it's destination, meaning the dock staff goofed when they loaded it? Would they make you take the wrong trailer back, unload it, and reload everything on the one with the right number?

I was in a hub terminal once on a saturday morning. The rear I had manifested felt entirely too heavy. I grabbed the manifest and climbed in it. Yep, wrong freight on it. I had to go through about 6 other trailers to find the one with our stuff on it.

But I guess that would still be a mis-pull and subject to discplinary action by some company's hair-brained standards.

well there are two ways of looking at this, if he does mot get paid for that part of the trip AND gets a L.O.I. that is double punishment. Against the law! Also that other side of the coin, he was hired to pull A trailer,(right or wrong), the he should get paid for it. That is the law! he might have to remind those involved of the law.. I am just saying
lets just keep trucking boys and girls

well there are two ways of looking at this, if he does mot get paid for that part of the trip AND gets a L.O.I. that is double punishment. Against the law! Also that other side of the coin, he was hired to pull A trailer,(right or wrong), the he should get paid for it. That is the law! he might have to remind those involved of the law.. I am just saying
lets just keep trucking boys and girls

Hate to disagree with ya there driver, but double jeapordy only applies when a persons life is at stake, not when it comes to fines and reprimands.