XPO | Dumb and Dumber!!!

Smarting up people!This company or any other don't care about you and your concerns.You must do whats best for you.That's all i can say on this matter because i will get deleted and spanked by the moderator.

was told by the lead mechanic that we will have to live with the heaters not working on the floor. we have two air start trucks that have stayed at the shop. front ends are vibrating and they have been informed on the inspection book and in person. cnw will not spend the money now to fix these trucks. hope no one get hurt or killed because of this stupid mistake. we would have new bosses then.

was just wondering if the tractor's with no heat on the floor are sterling's. if so, the sterling's have NO HEAT VENT FOR THE FLOOR. go through the same thing at my place, after checking found out that's the way they come.

Smarting up people!This company or any other don't care about you and your concerns.You must do whats best for you.That's all i can say on this matter because i will get deleted and spanked by the moderator.
roadrage said:
Stay within the rules and there should be no problem Sir.

Um......... what do I gotta do for this spanking???

was just wondering if the tractor's with no heat on the floor are sterling's. if so, the sterling's have NO HEAT VENT FOR THE FLOOR. go through the same thing at my place, after checking found out that's the way they come.
It may not be on the floor, but has to be close. Ours work fine.

No they are not Sterlings, they are junk 94 & 95 Ford 432 & 480 units that were on the fence or at best recently placed there. There are some 96 & 97 units in this mess as well but the bulk of them are the ones first mentioned.

Rat :ranting:

roadrage said:
Stay within the rules and there should be no problem Sir.

Ok wise guy ... I am sure YOUR company has YOUR best interest in mind also .. No trucking company is perfect right now. No company ever will be.

See here we all go again. You just don't see the big picture. But then again it is behind the open door we have have that is pad-locked so tight, it makes Fort Knox look like a piggy bank.

On the subject of our open door policy, why is everything kept so damn secret? Just wondering. maybe BoxB can put some insight into this. BoxB, when and why did the door get pad locked shut?

Sorry, but I don't agree with that statement...I don't feel like anything is being kept a secret from me (although I am sure there is plenty I don't know about)...I still think this is just a matter of SCMs communicating to ALL their people, not just the convenient 9am crew...The company was very forthcoming about why we were doing this with the tractors ( I explained this on an earlier post)...It doesn't mean we are going to like it, it doesn't mean we are going to agree with it, it just means that here is the mandate, and we follow instructions...I am very concerned about my people running out there all night with what might be subpar equipment (you are more qualified than I to make that determination) and I absolutely hate hearing these stories about the lack of heat in a very difficult environment right now...I don't get to make the decision though, so I am listening to what you guys have to say, and am taking it all in..If I have the opportunity to say something, I am going to...

Sorry, but I don't agree with that statement...I don't feel like anything is being kept a secret from me (although I am sure there is plenty I don't know about)...I still think this is just a matter of SCMs communicating to ALL their people, not just the convenient 9am crew...The company was very forthcoming about why we were doing this with the tractors ( I explained this on an earlier post)...It doesn't mean we are going to like it, it doesn't mean we are going to agree with it, it just means that here is the mandate, and we follow instructions...I am very concerned about my people running out there all night with what might be subpar equipment (you are more qualified than I to make that determination) and I absolutely hate hearing these stories about the lack of heat in a very difficult environment right now...I don't get to make the decision though, so I am listening to what you guys have to say, and am taking it all in..If I have the opportunity to say something, I am going to...

And when you pick the time to say something I hope someone listens ..

And there you have it. No control at the SC level. It was an across the board corporate level decision that are putting the lives of drivers and the lives of the general public in jeopardy. This moronic decision is a lawsuit just waiting to happen...and of course it will be a chargeable if and when it happens. But just let a blood thirsty lawyer get a hold it...

Rat:duh:

And there you have it. No control at the SC level. It was an across the board corporate level decision that are putting the lives of drivers and the lives of the general public in jeopardy. This moronic decision is a lawsuit just waiting to happen...and of course it will be a chargeable if and when it happens. But just let a blood thirsty lawyer get a hold it...

Rat:duh:

Dewey, Cheatum and Howe

What happens if a driver refuses to take a subpar unit out because of the "cold air leaking in"? Will he get a write up?
Someone clear up this gray issue.

What happens if a driver refuses to take a subpar unit out because of the "cold air leaking in"? Will he get a write up?
Someone clear up this gray issue.

I don't know as I would refuse to take the unit unless you can prove it won't meet DOT standards. I guess a lot of it depends on the size of your stones and what you are willing to risk.

As for me I would take the unit and then call every 15 minutes to tell dispatch I need to stop and take warm up break.:hysterical:

The only recourse we most likely have is to keep complaining to the company until they tire of it and realize we are not just b*tching about having to drive older trucks but are actually having real and genuine problems...squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Rat :smilie_132:

What happens if a driver refuses to take a subpar unit out because of the "cold air leaking in"?

i dont know about conway, but if you do not feel safe in the the truck, whether its heat or vibrations etc, YOUR THE CAPTAIN OF THAT SHIP, return to your terminal, and take the truck out of service, if they try to force you, CALL THE DOT, let the DOT come inspect all the trucks in the yard and and see how many pass inspection.

I've got a few thoughts, probably all wrong tho:

Longest runs are usually senior guys: force them into bad trucks, make them quit, save money.

GO reads the fussing on the board, laughs and tries to think of other ways to make everyone here miserable.

GO is sucking the company dry and getting ready to put everyone out. Thing is..most businesses aren't hiring big guys right now but then again maybe the GO guys have enough 'tucked back' to make it until another job opens or.

Create a problem and you're the only one that can fix it so thereby you insure your job security. In most cases, if not all.

The big guys got there by kissing behinds and really don't have a clue, even if they read the board (and I'm sure there are some out there that do?) they don't have the reasoning to understand what all of the fuss is about. Amazing how sometimes book learning and common sense don't go together.

I've got a few thoughts, probably all wrong tho:

Longest runs are usually senior guys: force them into bad trucks, make them quit, save money.

GO reads the fussing on the board, laughs and tries to think of other ways to make everyone here miserable.

GO is sucking the company dry and getting ready to put everyone out. Thing is..most businesses aren't hiring big guys right now but then again maybe the GO guys have enough 'tucked back' to make it until another job opens or.

Create a problem and you're the only one that can fix it so thereby you insure your job security. In most cases, if not all.

The big guys got there by kissing behinds and really don't have a clue, even if they read the board (and I'm sure there are some out there that do?) they don't have the reasoning to understand what all of the fuss is about. Amazing how sometimes book learning and common sense don't go together.

GO is sucking the company dry and getting ready to put everyone out..?!?!?!
I enjoy alot of your posts, but that comment is way out of line, unless you are prepared to support it with facts...Facts, not the rantings of some that are disgruntled by recent developments...
I would like to know what information you have to support that theory...