XPO | Dumb and Dumber!!!

GO is sucking the company dry and getting ready to put everyone out..?!?!?!
I enjoy alot of your posts, but that comment is way out of line, unless you are prepared to support it with facts...Facts, not the rantings of some that are disgruntled by recent developments...
I would like to know what information you have to support that theory...

They were thoughts thrown out to see if anyone knows something or has any information or whatever. Not actual accusations. Just thoughts brought on by the fact that the drivers are driving sub-par trucks, benefits have been trimmed repeatedly and so far I haven't heard anyone say that GO has trimmed their paychecks/benefits. And wouldn't the word get out about how the drivers are driving subpar trucks along with cut benefits cause Conway to lose experienced drivers, put in inexperienced drivers thereby possibly causing more claims (claims can also be caused by disgruntled experienced drivers I realize) until customers notice the drivers aren't getting the freight out on time (how many l/h trucks were on the side of the road in a 30+ mile stretch?) Some have mentioned losing good customers due to no longer having overnight delivery. In all the bottom of the company is suffering while the top is still receiving the same. Has been the cause of the demise of companies before. Blindness, bad decisions, not qualified for their position are also causes of businesses to fail or be reduced below their previous level of success.

Oddly enough many that weren't successful in their positions before are hired on at other big companies. The ones at the bottom have to start over at lower level than they were at before or if lucky enough at the same level. But lose their senority and full pensions. Upper level usually have golden parachutes to take care of them.

All those thoughts trimmed down to the one previous sentence. I have a habit of either saying too much or two little. The first bores people and the second makes them scratch their heads and wonder LOL!

So there in is where I get the shorten verson of the above thought.

They were thoughts thrown out to see if anyone knows something or has any information or whatever. Not actual accusations. Just thoughts brought on by the fact that the drivers are driving sub-par trucks, benefits have been trimmed repeatedly and so far I haven't heard anyone say that GO has trimmed their paychecks/benefits. And wouldn't the word get out about how the drivers are driving subpar trucks along with cut benefits cause Conway to lose experienced drivers, put in inexperienced drivers thereby possibly causing more claims (claims can also be caused by disgruntled experienced drivers I realize) until customers notice the drivers aren't getting the freight out on time (how many l/h trucks were on the side of the road in a 30+ mile stretch?) Some have mentioned losing good customers due to no longer having overnight delivery. In all the bottom of the company is suffering while the top is still receiving the same. Has been the cause of the demise of companies before. Blindness, bad decisions, not qualified for their position are also causes of businesses to fail or be reduced below their previous level of success.

Oddly enough many that weren't successful in their positions before are hired on at other big companies. The ones at the bottom have to start over at lower level than they were at before or if lucky enough at the same level. But lose their senority and full pensions. Upper level usually have golden parachutes to take care of them.

All those thoughts trimmed down to the one previous sentence. I have a habit of either saying too much or two little. The first bores people and the second makes them scratch their heads and wonder LOL!

So there in is where I get the shorten verson of the above thought.

Ok, so where is the G.O. sucking the company dry..?? Get a good look at the Bios of the executives leading this company...the vast majority are homegrown and have been here a long time, moving up through the ranks..these are not job skippers...
And I know we have been over the geography thing before, but I cannot help but think this "losing good drivers" due to using older equipment isn't another local thing, isolated in pockets...
I have 132 people in my service center, 104 DSRs, and the average seniority of those DSRs is 9.64 years...I have 73 that are 12 years or more, 26 with more than 20 years..they have seen ups and downs...they don't run everytime they don't like something...they say their piece and move forward..They are practical, good common sense individuals, and they know the story about the other side of the fence..

Ok, so where is the G.O. sucking the company dry..?? Get a good look at the Bios of the executives leading this company...the vast majority are homegrown and have been here a long time, moving up through the ranks..these are not job skippers...
And I know we have been over the geography thing before, but I cannot help but think this "losing good drivers" due to using older equipment isn't another local thing, isolated in pockets...
I have 132 people in my service center, 104 DSRs, and the average seniority of those DSRs is 9.64 years...I have 73 that are 12 years or more, 26 with more than 20 years..they have seen ups and downs...they don't run everytime they don't like something...they say their piece and move forward..They are practical, good common sense individuals, and they know the story about the other side of the fence..

Great post BoxB. Locally, we have those that ***** once in a while, don't get me wrong. Unfortunatly, whether they are dead wrong or not, the loudest, most negative voices are the ones that are heard. It is just not popular to say we are glad to work here. Again i ask what carrier has better leadership and people than Con-way ? It is also very sad that one would through something at the wall to see if it sticks. Sad. the higher ups get the same benefits as the rest of us. They are out the bonus just like us. They are trying to keep our company economically strong. That takes painful decisions. If you think for one second the higher ups like to screw with the rank and file you are mistaken. Why ? What possible joy could they find in sticking it to people they do not know or see. They make decisions based on what they believe will make Con-way the best company moving forward. If you do not believe that, you are mistaken.

Some local management may be bad. There are good and bad at every level in every company. Overall, however, i am proud of our leaders. There, how's that for drinking the blue coolaid ? How is that for making some of you sick ? Yelling the loudest does not make you right. It makes you loud.
d.

Great post BoxB. Locally, we have those that ***** once in a while, don't get me wrong. Unfortunatly, whether they are dead wrong or not, the loudest, most negative voices are the ones that are heard. It is just not popular to say we are glad to work here. Again i ask what carrier has better leadership and people than Con-way ? It is also very sad that one would through something at the wall to see if it sticks. Sad. the higher ups get the same benefits as the rest of us. They are out the bonus just like us. They are trying to keep our company economically strong. That takes painful decisions. If you think for one second the higher ups like to screw with the rank and file you are mistaken. Why ? What possible joy could they find in sticking it to people they do not know or see. They make decisions based on what they believe will make Con-way the best company moving forward. If you do not believe that, you are mistaken.

Some local management may be bad. There are good and bad at every level in every company. Overall, however, i am proud of our leaders. There, how's that for drinking the blue coolaid ? How is that for making some of you sick ? Yelling the loudest does not make you right. It makes you loud.
d.

Gee Capt...a little opinionated aren't we? Keep this up and I will be knocked to second place as the most opinionated person on this board...can't have some of that now can we?:biglaugh:

All joking aside...

This too shall pass. Nobody hates driving this junk worse than I do. These vehicles were taken out service for a reason...there are junk...plain and simple.

We have been relegated to operating equipment that is so substandard it is pathetic. The unit I am driving has the door jams rusted out, there are holes in the cab and it leaks air like the window is down all the time. It just plain sux...

Some bean counter decided (or sold the idea) to those in charge that putting these units back in service was a good idea. So far at least at my barn it has not proven to be so. I have the distinct feeling my barn is not alone in this feeling. When the dust settles and the numbers come to fruition I think you will see a 180 on this. The cost of getting these units (junk) road worthy will probably be more than those who are in charge had anticipated.

This wasn't done to get people to quit or make them miserable. It was done as a cost saving measure that IMHO isn't going to work. This initiative was done to keep us afloat in a very precarious economy. I have said before and will say it again I believe some of those in charge are out of touch as to what goes on in the field. You can't set in the ivory tower and make edicts and not get out of the office and see how your plan is working. And that doesn't seem to be happening.

What has happened is this initiative has suceeded in destroying the morale of the drivers. Someone please tell how I am expected to excited about being a part of Con-Way when my legs are numb the knees down. How am I expected to want to be part of a team when I no longer trust the equipment I am expected to operate? How can the company expect my to be proud to be a Con-Way DSR when I arrive the customer operating a piece of junk?

It ain't gonna happen....

Regardless of the reason or the intent this was a bad idea from the start.

Rat:loser:

Gee Capt...a little opinionated aren't we? Keep this up and I will be knocked to second place as the most opinionated person on this board...can't have some of that now can we?:biglaugh:

All joking aside...

This too shall pass. Nobody hates driving this junk worse than I do. These vehicles were taken out service for a reason...there are junk...plain and simple.

We have been relegated to operating equipment that is so substandard it is pathetic. The unit I am driving has the door jams rusted out, there are holes in the cab and it leaks air like the window is down all the time. It just plain sux...

Some bean counter decided (or sold the idea) to those in charge that putting these units back in service was a good idea. So far at least at my barn it has not proven to be so. I have the distinct feeling my barn is not alone in this feeling. When the dust settles and the numbers come to fruition I think you will see a 180 on this. The cost of getting these units (junk) road worthy will probably be more than those who are in charge had anticipated.

This wasn't done to get people to quit or make them miserable. It was done as a cost saving measure that IMHO isn't going to work. This initiative was done to keep us afloat in a very precarious economy. I have said before and will say it again I believe some of those in charge are out of touch as to what goes on in the field. You can't set in the ivory tower and make edicts and not get out of the office and see how your plan is working. And that doesn't seem to be happening.

What has happened is this initiative has suceeded in destroying the morale of the drivers. Someone please tell how I am expected to excited about being a part of Con-Way when my legs are numb the knees down. How am I expected to want to be part of a team when I no longer trust the equipment I am expected to operate? How can the company expect my to be proud to be a Con-Way DSR when I arrive the customer operating a piece of junk?

It ain't gonna happen....

Regardless of the reason or the intent this was a bad idea from the start.

Thanks Rat, you made me laugh with your opening remark. I will try to simmer down.
On this forum, you will never hear me tell you how to drive or what you should drive. You are the professionals drivers and i respect that. That is the way i have always been. You tell me the truck should be redtagged, its redtagged until all safety issues are taken care of. Period. And here, have a hot chocolate....it might help.

I must ask, why are they fixing up old trucks when new ones are sitting? It costs just as much to tag a new one as it does an old one. Also, if the would of sold the old junk ones and driven the new ones sitting they would be money ahead as I also would think the new ones get better fuel mileage.

This entire thread makes not one bit of sence to me at all with new ones sitting. Driving with numb legs is driver fatigue and slow reaction times to clutch/brake pedals.

I could do you all a favor and let my neighbor "DOT BOY" know this and he could spread the word around the country for an interesting closure on this. lol

Thanks Rat, you made me laugh with your opening remark. I will try to simmer down.
On this forum, you will never hear me tell you how to drive or what you should drive. You are the professionals drivers and i respect that. That is the way i have always been. You tell me the truck should be redtagged, its redtagged until all safety issues are taken care of. Period. And here, have a hot chocolate....it might help.

With marshmallows I assume...gotta have the 'mallows with the hot chocolate...it is a law in case you didn't know!:hysterical::hysterical:

Seriously though, I feel we have problem with this. And I am convinced when the dust settles all will be good again in Con-Way land. It was a good idea with bad results.

Like BoxB said his people are not going to bail....just ride the out the storm like the rest of us....

And I will still be here...opinionated as ever:tongue0015:

I must ask, why are they fixing up old trucks when new ones are sitting? It costs just as much to tag a new one as it does an old one. Also, if the would of sold the old junk ones and driven the new ones sitting they would be money ahead as I also would think the new ones get better fuel mileage.

This entire thread makes not one bit of sence to me at all with new ones sitting. Driving with numb legs is driver fatigue and slow reaction times to clutch/brake pedals.

I could do you all a favor and let my neighbor "DOT BOY" know this and he could spread the word around the country for an interesting closure on this. lol

Actually this is an 'OSHA BOY' thing an not a "DOT BOY' thing as I had assumed. Some at my barn are now pursuing this as far as I know....

gentelmen, you are experencing "our leaders" in panic mode. #1 they are putting the old power in use even tho they're not really road worthy and I guarantee you, they could care less if the heat isn,t getting to the driver, or the windshield, the heater is blowing the driver can deal with it. think about it coworkers these tractors were worn out when they mothballed them or they would've kept them in service."our leaders" in order #1 lgo #2 safety personel #3maintanence, it always looks good on paper!!! make it happen drivers!!!

I Started with con-way 15 years ago,an i have seen changes that were wrong in more ways then one,When they find out driving the old trucks is not paying off they will take them out of service.If you get a truck that is not safe(red tag it)If you are told to drive it call safety.Most of the old sterlings did not have any vents for heat on the floor from when they were new.So don't try an redtag for that.