XPO | Eld Rollout

I have one question. Will the new update to the ELD have "Personal Conveyance" in the system. Does the company have a "Personal Conveyance" in place. The reason I ask is if you are stuck on the road that has an accident on it and run out of time the cops can order you to move you vehicle to a safe location. Per the rule you would use the "Personal Conveyance". Also for those that have toi bobtail to a hotel will also need to have this on the ELD. Was anything brought up about this?
Joe is correct. Personal Conveyance will no longer be an option. If a driver needs to be put to bed, his truck will stay parked and company personnel will drive him via company or personal vehicle, to and from the motel.

Joe is correct. Personal Conveyance will no longer be an option. If a driver needs to be put to bed, his truck will stay parked and company personnel will drive him via company or personal vehicle, to and from the motel.
And one more thing I want to mention. Yard move is still enabled if you're hostling, hooking or splitting on company property, but if you exceed 19mph you will be automatically kicked up from on duty to driving.
Thanks for the info

This is really going to suck for the driver that like to drop/hook while there on break. You know them they log out do a drop and hook and show 10mins on something that took them 30mins and log the rest as a break. Can wait for the crying to began. Should have heard it when they were told the truck were being turned down to 65mph. They had to break out the mops.

This is really going to suck for the driver that like to drop/hook while there on break. You know them they log out do a drop and hook and show 10mins on something that took them 30mins and log the rest as a break. Can wait for the crying to began. Should have heard it when they were told the truck were being turned down to 65mph. They had to break out the mops.
It sounds like they were giving time up to the company ( from their break ) to do their drop/hook. Now these drivers won't be able to do this , I'm guessing it will bother management more than the drivers ( who will be forced to take their whole break )

It sounds like they were giving time up to the company ( from their break ) to do their drop/hook. Now these drivers won't be able to do this , I'm guessing it will bother management more than the drivers ( who will be forced to take their whole break )
It shouldn't bother anybody, management or labor. Fatigue is often a factor involving CMV crashes. Taking one's break at the appropriate time reduces fatigue and also creates a paper trail proving a break was taken within the allowed period of time. That driver's log could be the one piece of exculpatory evidence that saves his license and his company losing a lawsuit.

No we have a few drivers it will bother. The ones that bitched when the speed was cut back to 65 for sure

Last edited:
No we have a few drivers it will bother. The ones that bitched when the speed was cut back to 65 for sure

We have guys who are in the city who bitch about not being able to work through their lunch and not be paid for it, lol.

"Now I need to stop and rest? I'd rather work for free!"

We have guys who are in the city who bitch about not being able to work through their lunch and not be paid for it, lol.

"Now I need to stop and rest? I'd rather work for free!"
Some of us want to get our work done and go home. **** that 1/2 hour break.

Some of us want to get our work done and go home. :censored: that 1/2 hour break.

I don't work for free. I even make a very loud complaint if the morning meeting starts at 7:59 when my start time is 8.

That's my time, not theirs.

They want to talk to me, they better be paying me.

"Come talk to me after you punch out." Is another classic.

"Nah, this sounds work related. I'll talk to you first, bossman, then punch out."

I don't work for free. I even make a very loud complaint if the morning meeting starts at 7:59 when my start time is 8.

That's my time, not theirs.

They want to talk to me, they better be paying me.

"Come talk to me after you punch out." Is another classic.

"Nah, this sounds work related. I'll talk to you first, bossman, then punch out."
Amen to that!

I agree with wanting to get done and go home.

I hope people giving up their 1/2 hour break get paid for their time. 2½ hours a week. Ten hours a month. 120 hours a year. ( at $28 an hour you are giving poor XPO $3360 a year )
Thankfully we do get paid for ours.

I agree with wanting to get done and go home.

I hope people giving up their 1/2 hour break get paid for their time. 2½ hours a week. Ten hours a month. 120 hours a year. ( at $28 an hour you are giving poor XPO $3360 a year )
I see this alot on LH guys hooking on there break time. say the cut there hook time by 10mins that's 50mins a week. 43.33 per year or other $1213.23 per year. My stock price thanks you