FedEx Freight | Electric trucks

If these things become normal all the truck stops will have to change to charing stations and then charge all who park there. They create a problem just to milk more money out of people. What's that line never let a crisis go to waste. A sad state our country is in. Just hope none burn down with a driver sleeping in it. I see a lot of lawsuits coming.

If these things become normal all the truck stops will have to change to charing stations and then charge all who park there. They create a problem just to milk more money out of people. What's that line never let a crisis go to waste. A sad state our country is in. Just hope none burn down with a driver sleeping in it. I see a lot of lawsuits coming.

Thought they couldn't find parking before

I remember the last days and weeks of "Park-N-View" Company as they implanted vending machines for cash cards to pay for phone, internet and so on wired directly into your cab and sleeper to plugs in between spaces. They went to a awful lot of effort and expense putting that in.

They went out of business that year. Why? Because the truckers were dispatched to have no time to park long enough to make use of that.

I experimented with that service to have Internet, Cable TV to the truck and basic phone in the sleeper. The Cable Movies were premium, the Internet awesome back then to the laptop and towards morning the plastic phone rang.

HEY> GET MOVING. YER LATE ALREADY DAMN IT. You been there 15 hours now.. get going. Hey could you not do that Dispatch? Use the Qualcomm to send me a message other than just call me. (Thats why the unit is inside a cooler with the speakers etc taped off scrolled with 5000 call me messages from irate dispatcher.)

It also took a great deal of trouble to repark the truck and trailer on a good working park and view spot.

And they want to do electric charging? Have at it, bless their hearts. They cannot be that stupid.

It is hard to find parking at night. This will make it worse if they don't build charging stations all over.

It removes the "get creative" Factor. There's definitely not enough parking to go around, but you can figure it out in a pinch. I think we'll be seeing a lot more trucks on the side of the road in need of a charge... And that's if they're able to get over.

Groupe Robert Trucking out of Canada has been trying solar panels.

Wonder if Fedex would make us do education when we rip the solar panels off from low tree limbs? I already have to clear tree branches from my cat walk, I guess I can throw solar panels in the dumpster.

A video ( no voice over or talking ) showing FedEx electric delivery vans being built for Express...Not sure , but I believe these are being assembled in Germany.

A video ( no voice over or talking ) showing FedEx electric delivery vans being built for Express...Not sure , but I believe these are being assembled in Germany.
Electric makes sense for smaller, lightweight urban delivery vehicles like these. I believe UPS used electric delivery trucks in the 1920's or around then.

Food for thought....this fire chief does a brilliant job explaining all the hazards with EV's....https://youtu.be/itGeAq9rBeY?si=8DqQiRbr2qP6HsLk

stuff girlfriend GIF