FedEx Freight | Emetoh vs Fedex Class Action

Who gives a flying rat's ass? What will become of this? What's the objective? Obviously it's not to get "reimbursed" for calls made from a cell line that has unlimited calls.

Ah, but the lawyers in this will get $20 Million.

I can see it now: Keep track of per minute usage on your cell so you can charge the company for a percentage of your monthly bill.

Perhaps I'm not anal enough but what a PITA.

Consider the nuisance of the (residential) customer calling you back. Either a spouse wanting to know about this unrecognized number. Or even better calling you back trying to get another shot at the appointment they missed. Construction sites are bad as well. Most likely any call back will occur while driving, requiring yet another call back.

That same dispatcher, noted above, will likely be just fine with calling you while they know damn well you are driving (en route). This puts you at risk for serious policy violation, as well as potential fines for you (if no blue tooth), and for the carrier of up to $11,000.

Yeah, no big deal...

Of course I'm reasonable, and will call a known/familiar business customer, to check status. Is it really ready? Do they need more time? Etc. This, for my benefit, as well as my relationship with certain customers.

Should I really be compelled to use my personal phone, GPS, etc., to "help out" a multi-billion dollar company? That depends. What about to help an arrogant dispatcher? Really? Ya think?

And then you will be punished the FedExFrt way , as always....
Yeah, that can and does happen. But retaliation is a BIG one, if you can prove it. Better to nip that one in the bud, from the get-go, IMHO.

Consider the facts:

ONE rouge "leader" can turn a dozen or more good people into disgruntled ones.

It's cheaper/easier/better to replace/reassign/re-educate said leadership, than it is to deal with their effect on multiple drivers/employees, etc.

I'm certain Corporate knows this, and has no choice other than to address it, if made aware. The only question I've ever had to ask was, "what took so long"?

I have never used my personal phone for contacting customers. That job belongs to dispatch. They don't like it? Too bad. It's my job to arrive on time, the least they can do is tell the customer when to expect me.

Fortunately, I've never had this problem where I'm at.

Sounds like a future red shirt was in here...its a personal info security issue. The customer that doesnt like gettin the accessorial bill for liftgate service now has your phone number and wants to discuss this with you. Or perhaps ya havent been around that long to have that happen to ya. Btw, if the lawyer gets 20 mill, that means that 70% times the 20 mill got awarded to the plaintiffs (lawyers only get 30% of a settlement, or at least the one I have on retainer does)

Sounds like a future red shirt was in here...its a personal info security issue. The customer that doesnt like gettin the accessorial bill for liftgate service now has your phone number and wants to discuss this with you. Or perhaps ya havent been around that long to have that happen to ya. Btw, if the lawyer gets 20 mill, that means that 70% times the 20 mill got awarded to the plaintiffs (lawyers only get 30% of a settlement, or at least the one I have on retainer does)
How much do you pay your lawyer to be on retainer?

Consider the nuisance of the (residential) customer calling you back. Either a spouse wanting to know about this unrecognized number. Or even better calling you back trying to get another shot at the appointment they missed. Construction sites are bad as well. Most likely any call back will occur while driving, requiring yet another call back.

That same dispatcher, noted above, will likely be just fine with calling you while they know damn well you are driving (en route). This puts you at risk for serious policy violation, as well as potential fines for you (if no blue tooth), and for the carrier of up to $11,000.

Yeah, no big deal...

Of course I'm reasonable, and will call a known/familiar business customer, to check status. Is it really ready? Do they need more time? Etc. This, for my benefit, as well as my relationship with certain customers.

Should I really be compelled to use my personal phone, GPS, etc., to "help out" a multi-billion dollar company? That depends. What about to help an arrogant dispatcher? Really? Ya think?

You don't want a customer to call you back? Neither do I. Get a FREE Google Voice number. You can call your customers using this number from your cell and if they become idiots and start demanding stuff from you - BLOCK THEM.

No $20 Million to lawyers to do this either.

God, I hate lawyers.

Sounds like you've been doing city since the 1920's. Get with the program and see what's out there so customers can't bother you.

Sounds like you've been doing city since the 1920's. Get with the program and see what's out there so customers can't bother you.

You're missing the whole point. Like Swamp said you are supposed to be able to send message to dispatch on handheld so they can call the customers. Its pretty simple if everyone does their job.