XPO | Employee Rights!

Never said OD pays minimum wage!!! I do know that my next door neighbor works at OD and at the terminal he switches out at to come back home if they sit on him for 2 hours it pays nothing! Not one dime!! And now his insurance is going up and his wife has to get insurance at her job because they are dropping her at OD. With the increase on his insurance and the cost of her getting her own insurance at her job makes for several hundred dollars in premiums a month!! Hmmmmm ,

The health care situation is a result of the ACA. Can't blame the company for that. And you unions lose your exemption in 2018. You will soon know this pain. Write your congressman.

If he ain't working. Why would he be upset if he ain't getting paid ? We don't get paid on lunch. Should I be pissed about that ?

Half an hour for lunch is different than sitting and waiting on your load for two hours!you can twist it all you want, you shouldn't have to wait on your own time for their freight! You really can't think that just sitting on your own time is right!!! Or than I can see that you probably do!!!! SMH

Only thing black and white here is that the unions are bloated with debt and obligations and you need fresh cash to continue on. Thanks, I'll keep my money. my independence, and my dignity. I don't need some thug forcing me to do what I don't want to do.
We I have never been forced on a VIA or forced to work on the dock at a non-union CW;).....there is good and bad to everything. If some have don't like what these guys are stating, don't click on the topic. We all have that ability. We all have our own opinions and bashing each other does absolutely no good.

Wish they would let me go. I'd rather draw unemployment than to work for these punks but the issue is that when they let you go they come up with lies in hopes you won't be able to draw unemployment which we could have a whole other thread on.

This is VERY true!! You see all throughout the years any little "coaching" that they gave you any thing going back 0-10 years all of a sudden comes back at the unemployment hearing. They will prove to the panel that you have been a awful employee and that they fired you for just cause causing them not to pay any benefits. You see this company is making money hand over fist at your expense.
Why is it that a shuttle driver never gets paid OT? Why does his clock start new at every terminal he swipes at? The company is robbing you guys blind! You think a shuttle driver at a unionized company has to swipe at every terminal he arrives at? His clock never stops until he swipe's out and is getting paid OT after 8.

This is VERY true!! You see all throughout the years any little "coaching" that they gave you any thing going back 0-10 years all of a sudden comes back at the unemployment hearing. They will prove to the panel that you have been a awful employee and that they fired you for just cause causing them not to pay any benefits. You see this company is making money hand over fist at your expense.
Why is it that a shuttle driver never gets paid OT? Why does his clock start new at every terminal he swipes at? The company is robbing you guys blind! You think a shuttle driver at a unionized company has to swipe at every terminal he arrives at? His clock never stops until he swipe's out and is getting paid OT after 8.

Now your saying unions don't pay road drivers by the mile ? Just asking you to please be clear.

Now your saying unions don't pay road drivers by the mile ? Just asking you to please be clear.

I get mileage and hourly pay in the course of the nite, if the wheels aren't rolling I'm on the clock.... There are runs that UPS has that pay mileage, and then they have hourly runs as well!!!

I get mileage and hourly pay in the course of the nite, if the wheels aren't rolling I'm on the clock.... There are runs that UPS has that pay mileage, and then they have hourly runs as well!!!

If you notice speed dr stated this Now your saying unions don't pay road drivers by the mile ? and i responded yes i am saying unions don't pay road drivers. In actuality companies pay drivers union's don't. Just wanted to clear that up ...

Thank you for at least being honest about that.

Tell us, where does conway use shuttle drivers?

Just tell us all WHY would they want to fire you? Just to be firing you? You guys on here pushing the union stuff sound like the un happy ones. Haha..if I were happy like you guys say, i would not be on here looking like a loser posting on a board that I don't even work at. It is entertaining watching

SAD!!!!! You don't have a clue!! The only reason you make the money you do make is because of the TEAMSTERS!!!
We make the money we do because of OD..we make more than the teamster LTL's lol wel, most of them. And they use PT just as we do. nothing different.

Tell us, where does conway use shuttle drivers?
The terminology of the Conway terminals that i am working with use the term "shuttle:" drivers. Now if your barn doesn't use that term then they don't use that term. But just to explain what i mean by "shuttle" driver which by the way was a CF commonly used word, is a driver that goes from his domicile to another terminal. But only difference with the conway drivers is that they swipe at every terminal and that way Conway STEALS money out of their pockets by starting their clock over and never pay them OT. A driver can hit 60 hours and never see a dime of OT. If that isn't stealing i don't know what is.

The terminology of the Conway terminals that i am working with use the term "shuttle:" drivers. Now if your barn doesn't use that term then they don't use that term. But just to explain what i mean by "shuttle" driver which by the way was a CF commonly used word, is a driver that goes from his domicile to another terminal. But only difference with the conway drivers is that they swipe at every terminal and that way Conway STEALS money out of their pockets by starting their clock over and never pay them OT. A driver can hit 60 hours and never see a dime of OT. If that isn't stealing i don't know what is.
All runs are mileage paid..when you get to the other SC. then your on the clock. If you were on the clock, the whole time, then OT would come into play. Can somebody that actually works here, tell us if anybody used any true shuttle drivers that are on the clock the whole time and not making mileage pay? I think we should be using shuttle drivers, but they don't as far as I know.

All runs are mileage paid..when you get to the other SC. then your on the clock. If you were on the clock, the whole time, then OT would come into play. Can somebody that actually works here, tell us if anybody used any true shuttle drivers that are on the clock the whole time and not making mileage pay? I think we should be using shuttle drivers, but they don't as far as I know.
OT would come into play for some, not all. I am part of the not all, as you are as well.

So you see, im glad we can agree on something. I TOO think that Conway should use shuttle drivers and maybe that could be negotiated into a contract :)