XPO | Engagement Part 2: Careers and Culture

Engagement...

Everyone needs to TELL HOW THEY TRULY FEEL ABOUT HOW THINGS ARE GOING....Mgmt BETTER LISTEN......BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....They BETTER remember that EFCA could be a REALITY.

Do they REALLY want service centers to go belly up?? There are many drivers who are looking forward to the passing of EFCA I can understand why but.......NO, that isn't the answer to make Con-Way great again.....what is the answer is to make CON-WAY the best LTL Company to work for......treat their customers and employees VERY WELL.

I am HOPING for the better here because I HOPE and THINK that Labrie wants that and the surveys will be his backup to take some serious action.

Maybe this is next....

Make sure you are sitting in a chair with arms on it when you view the video.

I almost fell out MY chair laughing when I saw the shirts they were wearing in the video.

You'll

Secret to Improving Workplace Morale: Sing-alongs : CAREEREALISM: Because EVERY Job is Temporary

I wouldn't put it past them to try some sort of bull ::shit:: like this. Just like wallyworld does with their little sing-along pep talks that they hold in the mornings. I'm sure some of you have seen these little meetings, or at least heard them from across the store.

I wouldn't put it past them to try some sort of bull ::shit:: like this. Just like wallyworld does with their little sing-along pep talks that they hold in the mornings. I'm sure some of you have seen these little meetings, or at least heard them from across the store.

Please spare me...I don't care anymore!!

Rat

Just saw the 'Don't Worry Be Happy' video on You Tube and yeah...it was funny (especially the uniforms)...LOL

That being said, Be as bluntly honest as you can be filling out your surveys - if you can make a copy and save it to mail to the shareholders in a few months if you don't think they'll ever see it and the arrogant 'status quo' remains at the Crystal Palace.

John Labrie says he wants our feedback so it's right to let him see it and see what happens. We have nothing to lose by doing this. Sometimes arrogant people are so full of themselves they fail to see the big picture which in this case are many pissed off employees.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Labrie is arrogant and does realize the importance of having content employees. I think he and those in mgmt like him realize this.

Perhaps I don't have this right, but, I thought I read, that the individual survey that we fill out, won't go to "The Palace", but that your manager will collect the information from each one, and then summarize the input from all of his location employees. Once he summarizes the raw data from our surveys, then he will create a condensed version to send in to the "Palace".

So, as I read it, management won't ever see what you put down, only the condensed version submitted by your location manager.......

Anyone actually believe that your location manager is going to submit anything that paints themselves in a bad light? If you "light up" your local management team, who will be the only ones who actually see what you put down, what do you think will be the downfall from that?

PROTECT your job and your future. Don't give them any more reason than they already have to make you the next contestant on "The Job is Gone"....
they are already targeting the malcontents and disgruntled, and now, they are going to be able to quickly identify those who are both.

Perhaps I don't have this right, but, I thought I read, that the individual survey that we fill out, won't go to "The Palace", but that your manager will collect the information from each one, and then summarize the input from all of his location employees. Once he summarizes the raw data from our surveys, then he will create a condensed version to send in to the "Palace".

So, as I read it, management won't ever see what you put down, only the condensed version submitted by your location manager.......

Anyone actually believe that your location manager is going to submit anything that paints themselves in a bad light? If you "light up" your local management team, who will be the only ones who actually see what you put down, what do you think will be the downfall from that?

PROTECT your job and your future. Don't give them any more reason than they already have to make you the next contestant on "The Job is Gone"....
they are already targeting the malcontents and disgruntled, and now, they are going to be able to quickly identify those who are both.

You were right....you don't have it right...

Does the data collecting process cause concern in any way that would prevent drivers from fully disclosing their feelings? In other words, are the participants completely anonymous? And is there any part of the process that would cause Conway to lose more credibility......or maybe I should have worded the last to say "to again question their integrity"?

I know that you can't predict what our leaders are eventually going to do with this raw data.

These surveys are anonymous....right?? That's my understanding and if I'm wrong someone correct me, if so BE HONEST in filling these out. We have nothing to lose and hopefully something to gain.

Does the data collecting process cause concern in any way that would prevent drivers from fully disclosing their feelings? In other words, are the participants completely anonymous? And is there any part of the process that would cause Conway to lose more credibility......or maybe I should have worded the last to say "to again question their integrity"?

I know that you can't predict what our leaders are eventually going to do with this raw data.

Every service center has received their box of surveys...there are enough surveys for each employee at each service center...I verified our count in the box and it is dead on accurate...there are no spares or do-overs...each survey has a bar code on it, identifying only the service center...the surveys at no point ask for anything requiring or inquiring about the identity of the individual who is completing the survey...they will be collected once you complete them, and will be mailed to Kenexa, the company contracted to tabulate the results, and also prepare a report to the company based on individual comments provided by employees at the end of the survey...You will have an opportunity to voice your opinions at the end of the survey...the results of the surveys are supposed to be shared with each service center manager, hence the bar code..If the survey results don't match the employee count of those taking the survey, then I might question why..

So the results will be viewed at the corporate level, the Area level, the regional level, and the service center level...

There are plenty of categories that I want to see results from so that I can see how my folks view the way I handle my job, and what I need to do to improve myself and my staff...There are plenty of categories for the corporate folks to see how employees view their job performance as well...

I will caution you all about a couple things...one, the results will not be known next week, nor will solutions, adjustments, revelations and resolutions be forthcoming next week...The tabulations will take some time, preparation of the report will take some time, and then there will need to be some decisions made about what to do going forward...

Whether you like it or not, or believe it or not, the sustainability of the company is going to be foremost on the agenda, to insure there is a "next year" for our employees and our company...

Not to demean the debate and discussion that goes on here, but all of the griping, complaining, threatening, name-calling, sarcasm, cynicism and ridicule about policies and procedures represents the thoughts of less than 1% of the company's roster, and as much as you would like to think that John or Doug sit all day and read your thoughts here, I am going to disappoint you...

They have no time for it, they do have a company to run, and very busy schedules that keep them away from home, office and family constantly.

There are some here that debate and discuss intelligently, articulately, and participate here in the hopes of searching for and offering meaningful solutions so that we can all progress...

There are others that use this as a place to simply let off steam, but don't offer much in the way of solution except to want to inflict pain on somebody else before ever researching or gathering facts before their spewing begins..

I tend to give more credence to the former, and they know who they are, I don't even have to name them, because you also know who they are..

So use the survey wisely, be smart about HOW you comment, but make sure you let your feelings and opinions be known...

Then we will all see..

These surveys are anonymous....right?? That's my understanding and if I'm wrong someone correct me, if so BE HONEST in filling these out. We have nothing to lose and hopefully something to gain.

Who cares if their anonymous. Fill them out how you feel. I'll be putting my name on mine and the terminal Im from, I want them to know who I am.

Who cares if their anonymous. Fill them out how you feel. I'll be putting my name on mine and the terminal Im from, I want them to know who I am.

What good will that do? The third party analysts will either purge your survey, (re: destroy), or line through your name with a magic marker. The people who do the reports on these surveys don't know, or care who you are. All they are interested in is compilling the results that they are paid to look at. Nobody else will see who's name belongs to a certain survey.

Let's just hope that the the questions asked, on the survey, are fair and unbiased. I have seen many instances of different wording of questions, getting different answers on surveys and polls. I hope that everyone reads and thinks about the questions carefully before answering, and of course be honest with your answers. Answer the questions with your head, not with your emotions. The only way that these types of surveys will work is to be totally honest with your answers. Then let the results speak for themselves. :tribehasspoken:

What good will that do? The third party analysts will either purge your survey, (re: destroy), or line through your name with a magic marker. The people who do the reports on these surveys don't know, or care who you are. All they are interested in is compilling the results that they are paid to look at. Nobody else will see who's name belongs to a certain survey.

Let's just hope that the the questions asked, on the survey, are fair and unbiased. I have seen many instances of different wording of questions, getting different answers on surveys and polls. I hope that everyone reads and thinks about the questions carefully before answering, and of course be honest with your answers. Answer the questions with your head, not with your emotions. The only way that these types of surveys will work is to be totally honest with your answers. Then let the results speak for themselves. :tribehasspoken:

There are no questions, only statements....you will have the opportunity to choose from strongly agree to strongly disagree and everywhere in between...

ok boxboss tell us this ,if they gave a damn about us why have some been told if you dont like the way your treated there is the door, so why the waste of our money on a survey if mgmt.says things like that.

ok boxboss tell us this ,if they gave a damn about us why have some been told if you dont like the way your treated there is the door, so why the waste of our money on a survey if mgmt.says things like that.

Did this come from Brucie??

Rat :nutkick:

Thank you for the clarification, this is not how it was explained in the meeting I attended. Your clarification, corresponds with how such surveys have been conducted in the past.

There are no questions, only statements....you will have the opportunity to choose from strongly agree to strongly disagree and everywhere in between...

I will ask again...will there be room for additional comments?

Rat :biglaugh: