XPO | Engagement Part 2: Careers and Culture

ok boxboss tell us this ,if they gave a damn about us why have some been told if you dont like the way your treated there is the door, so why the waste of our money on a survey if mgmt.says things like that.

You say you heard that, I can't dispute it, I wasn't there...nobody has ever said that to me, and I in turn have not said that to my folks, in a serious manner concerning Con-way, anyway... I have in the past, when discussing those that were so miserable they couldn't find a good reason to stay, said something to the effect that there was a way to solve their problems on a permanent basis, and there was no need to look back...

The only thing about it is that everyone seems to find a reason to stay...I never ask for THE reason, I just assume they discover it on their own and decide it was important enough to them, and that is good enough for me..

You say you heard that, I can't dispute it, I wasn't there...nobody has ever said that to me, and I in turn have not said that to my folks, in a serious manner concerning Con-way, anyway... I have in the past, when discussing those that were so miserable they couldn't find a good reason to stay, said something to the effect that there was a way to solve their problems on a permanent basis, and there was no need to look back...

The only thing about it is that everyone seems to find a reason to stay...I never ask for THE reason, I just assume they discover it on their own and decide it was important enough to them, and that is good enough for me..

Where are you going to go???...that is better...even in a good economy...the big "U"...nah...that isn't working either...actually very bad for those folks...Mr. Purple...ain't so good over ther either!...The Big Green company...denying their unemployment...don't need it!...Those folks at the "E" are getting screwed too!

I'll stay for the time being...

Rat :nutkick:

Where are you going to go???...that is better...even in a good economy...the big "U"...nah...that isn't working either...actually very bad for those folks...Mr. Purple...ain't so good over ther either!...The Big Green company...denying their unemployment...don't need it!...Those folks at the "E" are getting screwed too!

I'll stay for the time being...

Rat :nutkick:

Are you implying that the grass didn't get watered on the other side of the fence..?? I thought it was only our grass that the sprinklers didn't hit..

The bottom line is, you can take your ball and go home if you are angry enough, but take it from someone who did that once many years ago and still regrets it...

My dad, the truck driver (for those of you who didn't remember how I was raised) told me after I did that in 1988 that there would be an a$$hole everywhere I went in life, and at some point I would have to "man up" and deal with it, unless I wanted to collect 10 or 15 very small retirements from a bunch of different companies...and as the saying goes, the older I got, the smarter my dad got..

Are you implying that the grass didn't get watered on the other side of the fence..?? I thought it was only our grass that the sprinklers didn't hit..

The bottom line is, you can take your ball and go home if you are angry enough, but take it from someone who did that once many years ago and still regrets it...

My dad, the truck driver (for those of you who didn't remember how I was raised) told me after I did that in 1988 that there would be an a$$hole everywhere I went in life, and at some point I would have to "man up" and deal with it, unless I wanted to collect 10 or 15 very small retirements from a bunch of different companies...and as the saying goes, the older I got, the smarter my dad got..

Funny how those pieces of wisdom get more relevant as time goes on...

regrets are lessons learned...or are supposed to be!

Rat