TForce | Epidemic of Warnings

I've had this gut feeling that this writing up some favorite pains in the *** pro union employees with a general (failure to follow directions ) would end in a dismissal.i had two in one day! so i may be telling you the rest of the story soon . luckily we have a pit bull for a steward.not to sure about the ba.

Well, after a long stint of being a safety committee member with great success in putting bad habits behind us, I have decided to step down offering the opportunity to those with new ideas.

As a steward, and after reading this here thread, I decided among other reasons I will spill shortly that I can be seen as holding the "double edged sword". Though safety remains regardless, I do not want our members to look upon their steward in this sense.

After tiredly brainstorming, improvising, and correcting bad habits, we made an accomplishment. It became well worth it knowing that a difference was being made. Workers were going home the same way they came. It felt good to be a safety member.

Until... The terminal manager was seen walking the yard without a safety vest which is not permitted and he knows just as good as I do. Knowing this, a bargaining member questioned the terminal manager who responded with, "I dont have to wear one, only dock workers, jockeys, and drivers have to." The employee then said, "(Censored) BS, you do have to, you set the biggest example here, if you dont, then why should we." and walked off.

That was the icing on the cake. Be safe!

Well, after a long stint of being a safety committee member with great success in putting bad habits behind us, I have decided to step down offering the opportunity to those with new ideas.

As a steward, and after reading this here thread, I decided among other reasons I will spill shortly that I can be seen as holding the "double edged sword". Though safety remains regardless, I do not want our members to look upon their steward in this sense.

After tiredly brainstorming, improvising, and correcting bad habits, we made an accomplishment. It became well worth it knowing that a difference was being made. Workers were going home the same way they came. It felt good to be a safety member.

Until... The terminal manager was seen walking the yard without a safety vest which is not permitted and he knows just as good as I do. Knowing this, a bargaining member questioned the terminal manager who responded with, "I dont have to wear one, only dock workers, jockeys, and drivers have to." The employee then said, "(Censored) BS, you do have to, you set the biggest example here, if you dont, then why should we." and walked off.

That was the icing on the cake. Be safe!

2 wrongs do not make a right , but the member was right!!!!!

Update on the situation in Gaffney re: signing PCM's under protest.... Followed our BA's suggestion. All 18 on my shift signed under protest which naturally elicited some questions from management. Nothing we couldn't handle. Seems pretty smooth for now.
Just in a holding pattern waiting to see management's counter move, which we KNOW is coming.. Will keep you updated and thanks for all the input, suggestions and interest.
God Bless America and The International Brotherhood of Teamsters!!

Update on the situation in Gaffney re: signing PCM's under protest.... Followed our BA's suggestion. All 18 on my shift signed under protest which naturally elicited some questions from management. Nothing we couldn't handle. Seems pretty smooth for now.
Just in a holding pattern waiting to see management's counter move, which we KNOW is coming.. Will keep you updated and thanks for all the input, suggestions and interest.
God Bless America and The International Brotherhood of Teamsters!!

Its great to see everyone standing up together. Its been a tough first year but were moving along.

The only thing you are required to sign is your paycheck,and your DVIR. A PCM is not grounds for a verbal warning, It is a "Pre communications Meeting". Stewards,get your BA's to back you on this.