Yellow | Ernie Is Starting The Salesmanship

Here is where I'm at with this,
1. Do you believe Ernie and the Freight division when they said they had the Union bean counters and Lawyers go over YRC's books. And this is all the money there is?
If so then what the Union is saying about no plan "B" and a shut down is for real.
With all due respect this ain't Tyson Johnson blowing smoke up our asses! I've never met Ernie, Only know him by reputation. From what I hear it's a good one.
Now to those who keep repeating that you "Never take the first offer". It's a legit concern,But I would say to ask your B.A. at the Local Union Meeting about how many time did Ernie & the Union walk out of meeting with the Company when they tried to get $25 H&W co-pays and 35 cent raises? My point? This ain't the first offer!
If you believe that the Union is ****'in with you, (And it has happened in the past) then do what you have to do. But as of now I'm leaning towards a yes vote.
More after today's local Union meeting.

Here is where I'm at with this,
1. Do you believe Ernie and the Freight division when they said they had the Union bean counters and Lawyers go over YRC's books. And this is all the money there is?
If so then what the Union is saying about no plan "B" and a shut down is for real.
With all due respect this ain't Tyson Johnson blowing smoke up our asses! I've never met Ernie, Only know him by reputation. From what I hear it's a good one.
Now to those who keep repeating that you "Never take the first offer". It's a legit concern,But I would say to ask your B.A. at the Local Union Meeting about how many time did Ernie & the Union walk out of meeting with the Company when they tried to get $25 H&W co-pays and 35 cent raises? My point? This ain't the first offer!
If you believe that the Union is :censored:'in with you, (And it has happened in the past) then do what you have to do. But as of now I'm leaning towards a yes vote.
More after today's local Union meeting.
I have spoken over the phone with Ernie & i was not impressed with him, that being said I don't know yrc's financials or about a plan B. My problem with this contract is the same I had when they negotiated Abf's, the union has no right telling its members that this is the final offer & if you don't take it a strike vote will take place & the company will likely close due to lost customers. You lose any leverage you might have had. The only thing they should be saying is we find the offer favorable and attend your local union meeting to find out the details. We don't pay them for the "take it or leave it" attitude. Just my two cents vote whatever way you want, but please vote....

I have spoken over the phone with Ernie & i was not impressed with him, that being said I don't know yrc's financials or about a plan B. My problem with this contract is the same I had when they negotiated Abf's, the union has no right telling its members that this is the final offer & if you don't take it a strike vote will take place & the company will likely close due to lost customers. You lose any leverage you might have had. The only thing they should be saying is we find the offer favorable and attend your local union meeting to find out the details. We don't pay them for the "take it or leave it" attitude. Just my two cents vote whatever way you want, but please vote....
Your right. It could have been presented differently. Not the best statement to make, Unless the statement untrue.
And that Isis where we are with this contract. Do you believe the Union or not? Vote the way you feel you must but at least get all the info you can.
Make an informed decision.

Your right. It could have been presented differently. Not the best statement to make, Unless the statement untrue.
And that Isis where we are with this contract. Do you believe the Union or not? Vote the way you feel you must but at least get all the info you can.
Make an informed decision.

Yes or no, is not a decision you should allow any one to make for you, weigh your own needs and vote accordingly.
I just hope everyone will make the effort to vote.

If more of the YRC people would read the quarterly reports,and realize that an operating ratio of around 96.5, on gross revenue of roughly $700,000,000-$800,000,000 per quarter, for just YRC,they might realize that 3.5 cents on the dollar does not fatten the bank accounts very fast.

Last edited:
If more of the YRC people would read the quarterly reports,and realize that an operating ratio of around 96.5, on gross revenue of roughly $700,000,000-$800,000,000 per quarter, for just YRC,they might realize that 3.5 cents on the dollar does not fatten the bank accounts very fast.
Man. Why do you have to start with that making sense stuff?

I've seen in the Facebook yrc closed group comments like yrcw makes 5 billions on profits hahahahahahaa they can't even read a quarterly report hahaha plenty of misinformation out there..

No hate mail from me
I just report your posts.
Hehehe.
:17142:

Wait wait wait..... I gotta stop.
Too early and not enough coffee.
And Donna has called in yet.
All I seem to get from you is junk mail flyers about what lighting products are on sale at the Mystic Lighting outlet store.

Ernie why is there no plan for YRC to pay down the debt? It's time to pay up or close if this passes will be hurting our fellow union members at ABF and UPS they will want concessions too on pension payments for their next contract saying they can't be competitive with YRC.