Yellow | Ernie Is Starting The Salesmanship

Ernie why is there no plan for YRC to pay down the debt? It's time to pay up or close if this passes will be hurting our fellow union members at ABF and UPS they will want concessions too on pension payments for their next contract saying they can't be competitive with YRC.
You do realize that the union doesn't run YRCW, right? Asking for a friend...

The Union can ask how or put in contract that debt must start being paid down what's the plan?
Really, the union is in charge of the operation of YRCW? They are on the board of directors? Maybe you’re right, maybe they can decide wether the company stays open or closes.

Really, the union is in charge of the operation of YRCW? They are on the board of directors? Maybe you’re right, maybe they can decide wether the company stays open or closes.
They’re not in charge, but they most definitely can put bylaws into a contract that monitors, governs, or enforces such bylaws, be what they may.

Here is where I'm at with this,
1. Do you believe Ernie and the Freight division when they said they had the Union bean counters and Lawyers go over YRC's books. And this is all the money there is?
If so then what the Union is saying about no plan "B" and a shut down is for real.
With all due respect this ain't Tyson Johnson blowing smoke up our asses! I've never met Ernie, Only know him by reputation. From what I hear it's a good one.
Now to those who keep repeating that you "Never take the first offer". It's a legit concern,But I would say to ask your B.A. at the Local Union Meeting about how many time did Ernie & the Union walk out of meeting with the Company when they tried to get $25 H&W co-pays and 35 cent raises? My point? This ain't the first offer!
If you believe that the Union is :censored:'in with you, (And it has happened in the past) then do what you have to do. But as of now I'm leaning towards a yes vote.
More after today's local Union meeting.
I’m assuming you believed all the hype and the ibt before the mou got passed & before the glass house started giving out bonuses & pay increases etc
Perhaps your assumption is right “follow & believe til the end”

I’m assuming you believed all the hype and the ibt before the mou got passed & before the glass house started giving out bonuses & pay increases etc
Hype? Never used it, Followed it, Or believed in it.

FACTS!

They are the only thing that matters!
Facts are the only thing I will base my vote/decision on!
So here we go,
Fact! The "Bonus" Issue was addressed in this contract! There was nothing in the MOU (Pls correct me if i'm wrong) that would have let the Union stop it in the past.
Fact! The Union walked out several times over issues the Company wanted,
1. $80 a week co-pay to the H&W funds. It went from that down to $20 and finally $5 a week but the Union said were not opening that can of worms! The Union was ready to strike over this issue
2. Overtime after 40 hours a week, Not 8 hours a day!
3. Chicken ::shit:: 40-50 cent raises
This contract is going to cost this Company over a BILLION DOLLARS over it's lifetime, Not bad for a Company still a BILLION or so in debt.
Hype? Are you kidding me? Chew on these facts for a while!
Oh and by the way, Hoffa is still a useless P.O.S. in my book, And I don't see TDU raising holy hell about anything right now, Just reporting.
If i'm wrong about anything please, Anyone feel free to correct me!

FACTS!

So here we go,
Fact! The "Bonus" Issue was addressed in this contract! There was nothing in the MOU (Pls correct me if i'm wrong) that would have let the Union stop it in the past.
1. $80 a week co-pay to the H&W funds. It went from that down to $20 and finally $5 a week but the Union said were not opening that can of worms! The Union was ready to strike over this issue
3. Chicken :::shit::: 40-50 cent raises
This contract is going to cost this Company over a BILLION DOLLARS over it's lifetime, Not bad for a Company still a BILLION or so in debt.
Oh and by the way, Hoffa is still a useless P.O.S. in my book, And I don't see TDU raising holy hell about anything right now, Just reporting.

It’s closer to 1.2 Billion...
(What it’s gonna cost the company over the life of the contract.)

Last edited:
FACTS!
So here we go,

Does it include bonuses for YRCW and HRNY officers or only YRCF, Holland, and NP?

I see YRCF not YRCW where most of the bonus's are paid?

Your right I read it wrong...............looking for YRCW I totally missed YRC Worldwide..................

But that's the SEC “Section 16 Officers” not the number of officers :)

Last edited:
The Union can ask how or put in contract that debt must start being paid down what's the plan?

Do you even know what the debt is now?
Do you know what it was in it’s peak?
Do you know how much interest the company had to pay the first five years?
Do you know how much interest they pay now?

Just put your “no vote” in and I’ll do what I can to keep you working so you can go to greener pastures.

FACTS!

So here we go,
3. Chicken :::shit::: 40-50 cent raises

You could bitch slap some of these folks with facts all day long and it wouldn’t make a difference.
If the company offered the entire 15 % back out of the gate they would want reparations for what they think they lost in the last 10 years.
I’m about to the point of just stfu.
We have had some of the craziest bs misinformation being spread at our barn.There have been two guys that changed their mind from no to yes after
proving the truth and discrediting the lies,though.
I don’t care how one votes as long as they aren’t voting due to misinformation.

I’m not all about that “ vote” no matter what bs.
If they aren’t informed enough to make an intelligent decision one way or the other how bout “ Don’t Vote” or better yet how bout
“ Get informed, Then vote.”