XPO | Falling behind...and hoping YOU don't notice

And by being so far behind. Starting wages at other companies are higher than the top out wages at XPO. Ask me how I know.

And also. Not sure they are doing this in everyone else’s neck of the woods. But XCO is farming out peddle runs to subcarriers. I don’t know how it’s worth it for anyone with a truck to do this right now. But there are people showing up and getting loaded with city routes to do p&d. 3P-P&D. It’s a new business model. Where the company doesn’t actually handle any of its business. They just book loads all day and night. What was the point of rebranding all the equipment ? When you got whoever pulling whatever with your freight on board ?

And also. Not sure they are doing this in everyone else’s neck of the woods. But XCO is farming out peddle runs to subcarriers. I don’t know how it’s worth it for anyone with a truck to do this right now. But there are people showing up and getting loaded with city routes to do p&d. 3P-P&D. It’s a new business model. Where the company doesn’t actually handle any of its business. They just book loads all day and night. What was the point of rebranding all the equipment ? When you got whoever pulling whatever with your freight on board ?

That is the thread that talks about this company that they use "Mothership"

They go and peddle city stops that dispatch arranges for them on orders from corporate. In the case of my location , liftgate and appointment freight were targeted for the outside company to deliver.

We peaked at about 24 cartage trucks a day. We stopped hiring city drivers during this period. We are only using 4 a day now . Corporate put a halt to it buy maxing out our daily budget for their use. The problem is this . We are at the same amount of freight tonnage on a daily basis as when we were using 24 a day. We have not hired any new city drivers . Our p&d drivers are now expected to do 2 full peddle runs a day. 12 to 14 bills on each trip . Drivers are maxed out. We are only a day or two from a total grid lock. With no plan for resolution.

That is the thread that talks about this company that they use "Mothership"

They go and peddle city stops that dispatch arranges for them on orders from corporate. In the case of my location , liftgate and appointment freight were targeted for the outside company to deliver.

Apparently, the focus is out of town freight here. Everything with a long stem time is getting outsourced.

We peaked at about 24 cartage trucks a day. We stopped hiring city drivers during this period. We are only using 4 a day now . Corporate put a halt to it buy maxing out our daily budget for their use. The problem is this . We are at the same amount of freight tonnage on a daily basis as when we were using 24 a day. We have not hired any new city drivers . Our p&d drivers are now expected to do 2 full peddle runs a day. 12 to 14 bills on each trip . Drivers are maxed out. We are only a day or two from a total grid lock. With no plan for resolution.

This was my every day here when I was in the city. Two full peddles and a switch. Every single day. Unless they gave me a volume to start the day because my first peddle was waiting on freight.

Last edited:
This was my every day here when I was in the city. Two full peddles and a switch. Every single day. Unless they gave me a volume to start the day because my first peddle was waiting on freight.
They are trying to make it the new norm. Do more with less people = more profit . Drivers are being played like a fiddle.

Last edited:
They are trying to make it the new norm. Do more with less people = more profit . Drivers are being played like a fiddle.

Go work somewhere else. All it costs you is an application. And that is all online now. Between modernization and Covid. Companies have been motivated to tech up the hiring process. Most of the guys that have left XCO this summer filled out the application sitting on their forklift and completely fed up with this nonsense.

But you know a (mirror) addict can never see enough of them....

I’m not going to be an enabler. Mirrors matter.

I saw the saddest site today. A broke down and abandoned pick up truck. Right on the white line. You all know where that mirror was. About 50 foot in front. Almost to the grass. I wonder how many times it got clipped before someone hit it good enough to launch it that far ?

Go work somewhere else. All it costs you is an application. And that is all online now. Between modernization and Covid. Companies have been motivated to tech up the hiring process. Most of the guys that have left XCO this summer filled out the application sitting on their forklift and completely fed up with this nonsense.
Nah , I’m done after this. It’s amazing to watch the poor management and how fast it’s crashing. The right attitude gets me through the day.

It’s a 2018 or newer freightliner cascadia. You’ve seen these very common fleet mirrors before. Not sure for how long. But I know at some point. That rig of yours had mirrors.
A friend of mine works out west of here at, XLS, said the tractor deadline out there has about30 tractors missing mirrors. What’s that all all about?

I’m not going to be an enabler. Mirrors matter.

I saw the saddest site today. A broke down and abandoned pick up truck. Right on the white line. You all know where that mirror was. About 50 foot in front. Almost to the grass. I wonder how many times it got clipped before someone hit it good enough to launch it that far ?
See that weekly.

Last edited:
Sounds the same as my barn. It seems like they aren’t trying very hard to hire, like it’s a low priority