XPO | Falling behind...and hoping YOU don't notice

LOL. I took one of those jobs. And am kicking myself for not doing this sooner. I am an idiot. XPO is garbage. Once you are out of that nightmare you truly wonder why you believed that idiocy could or would ever get better.
I should have left 12 years ago. Now as I’m about to get 5 weeks vacation, makes it tough. I’ve moved up a lot, but since all we do is hire 1 lose 3, doesn’t mean much

I should have left 12 years ago. Now as I’m about to get 5 weeks vacation, makes it tough. I’ve moved up a lot, but since all we do is hire 1 lose 3, doesn’t mean much

One of the many, many things that shoved me out the door is that I had 4 weeks vacation that it seemed I could never use. But the suck ass squad of drivers, that acted as management, would still take off whenever they wanted. And they would take away from everyone else being able to get time off. As tight as we were running with the ever falling head count, we were already being limited very unfairly. And then to have these disgusting slobs gloating about how they will take whatever time they want, whenever they want. And I wasn’t the only one complaining about it. But the alleged “ real “ management didn’t want to address it.

Now at the new place. I have no fake management. And no problems with time off. And I am brand new. You have no idea how bad you have it. Until you get free of that place.

Sounds the same as my barn. It seems like they aren’t trying very hard to hire, like it’s a low priority
Yep, despite the driver shortage their not putting the effort in . I think it’s a strategy to drive the stock price higher. There trying to wow investors with the low O/R . It’s all about the short term.

Last edited:
One of the many, many things that shoved me out the door is that I had 4 weeks vacation that it seemed I could never use. But the suck ass squad of drivers, that acted as management, would still take off whenever they wanted. And they would take away from everyone else being able to get time off. As tight as we were running with the ever falling head count, we were already being limited very unfairly. And then to have these disgusting slobs gloating about how they will take whatever time they want, whenever they want. And I wasn’t the only one complaining about it. But the alleged “ real “ management didn’t want to address it.

Now at the new place. I have no fake management. And no problems with time off. And I am brand new. You have no idea how bad you have it. Until you get free of that place.
Too much fake management. Too many suckasses. Real management ho-hum at best.

Having fake management is yet another way to not have responsibility , but still have a title and power. Let the fake management make decisions , and when something goes wrong , nobody is accountable.

Perfect crime.

We peaked at about 24 cartage trucks a day. We stopped hiring city drivers during this period. We are only using 4 a day now . Corporate put a halt to it buy maxing out our daily budget for their use. The problem is this . We are at the same amount of freight tonnage on a daily basis as when we were using 24 a day. We have not hired any new city drivers . Our p&d drivers are now expected to do 2 full peddle runs a day. 12 to 14 bills on each trip . Drivers are maxed out. We are only a day or two from a total grid lock. With no plan for resolution.
from what I hear not only XPH but some of these barns are almost 5 days behind XWC, XVL, and XDS there are more but that all I can remember....Hey azzhole it's called and embargo for a reason

The only way you move up is if new driver are coming in below you and stay. If you are third from the bottom and 5 senior driver leave and no new ones come in you still third from the bottom. The only thing that changes was the number next to your name

Yep, despite the driver shortage their not putting the effort in . I think it’s a strategy to drive the stock price higher. There trying to wow investors with the low O/R . It’s all about the short term.
There is NO driver shortage... It is a retention problem. 2 driver at my place started here as new driver and have left XPO and the truck driver field all together. Per the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, states issuse over 450,000 NEW CDL's every year. So if 2+2=4 then we all know were the problem lies.

I agree, there isn't any driver shortage at all. Only a shortage of companies willing to offer a good compensation package to warrant someone spending 40 years of stressfull (driving), back breaking (humping freight or fixing equipment) work only to end up with bad knees and a bad back for no retirement. Yes, retirement ultimately lies on you, but with mediocre wages and crap company match, you have to live an "existence only" lifestyle to provide for a "comfortable" retirement.
Many moons ago, one could earn a good middle class income, have excellent health benefits for your family and a pension to make your retirement comfortable. Now, mediocre wages, crap health care that we have to pay a portion of, and retirement is non-existent has become the norm, all the while upper management gets fatter and fatter while using the workforce as their bank.
In the last five years I have told many young bucks who asked if they were hiring where I work that "trucking has become a $h!t sandwhich", "go get a good job, where you won't abuse your body for 40 years for lousy compensation". FDNM

So it’s going good at Central then?

I agree, there isn't any driver shortage at all. Only a shortage of companies willing to offer a good compensation package to warrant someone spending 40 years of stressfull (driving), back breaking (humping freight or fixing equipment) work only to end up with bad knees and a bad back for no retirement. Yes, retirement ultimately lies on you, but with mediocre wages and crap company match, you have to live an "existence only" lifestyle to provide for a "comfortable" retirement.
Many moons ago, one could earn a good middle class income, have excellent health benefits for your family and a pension to make your retirement comfortable. Now, mediocre wages, crap health care that we have to pay a portion of, and retirement is non-existent has become the norm, all the while upper management gets fatter and fatter while using the workforce as their bank.
In the last five years I have told many young bucks who asked if they were hiring where I work that "trucking has become a $h!t sandwhich", "go get a good job, where you won't abuse your body for 40 years for lousy compensation". FDNM
That's it many of us over the years have told our kids, family, and friends to stay as far away from trucking as they can. Better jobs out there were you can have a life outside of work

Amen , to that. I don’t know why these guys believe that these companies are going to do right by them. They reject unionization and expect for things to get better on their own. It doesn’t work. As Lon as workers remain powerless the abuse will continue.

That's it many of us over the years have told our kids, family, and friends to stay as far away from trucking as they can. Better jobs out there were you can have a life outside of work
It’s not a great amount of money considering the amount of hours needed to work to earn it . Choose family time over money every time

It’s not a great amount of money considering the amount of hours needed to work to earn it . Choose family time over money every time
even the Trades are paying good, union and non because no one whats to do it. There was a article in the news that the total enrollment at Pennsylvania’s 14 state-owned universities has declined to the lowest level in decades. Know many with 4yr degrees that drive truck because there degree don't pay sh1t. College isn't for everyone some just need to go to trade school.

even the Trades are paying good, union and non because no one whats to do it. There was a article in the news that the total enrollment at Pennsylvania’s 14 state-owned universities has declined to the lowest level in decades. Know many with 4yr degrees that drive truck because there degree don't pay sh1t. College isn't for everyone some just need to go to trade school.
Become a bank robber,cash business, if you get caught, free room and board,3 hots and a cot,

I like this board. I respect the people who run it & their decisions. But why in gods name did you censor the word Pen** but allow Tallywacker. I accept you decision, but would someone please explain why a mans yeng yang, or proper medical word, is censored? thanks. von.

Last edited: