FedEx Freight | Favorite stops

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
I know this could probably be somewhere else, but with all the negativity lately I thought this thread could use something positive.

I had the pleasure of stopping at a QT! OMG! It's amazing! You can get actual cooked food 24/7, and it's clean TS. Not to mention the smoothie/slushy buffet! I got a blue raspberry, cherry, watermelon, tiger blood, pineapple, melon berry smoothie! I'm some where between diabetic coma, and Crack head sugar rush!

Where are good stops for yall?

Gotta go. My wife's yelling cause apparently I've started seventeen tasks and finished none. I CAN'T FOCUS MAN! I'M FREAKING OUT MAN!

20230303_024302.md.jpeg

Be safe yall, and GOD bless.

Watermelon, tiger blood orange ?
Never had a good place like that.
Did have a place that had just great
ham & cheese on rye piled high for
drivers. It was just some Mom & Pop
place.

I guess otherwise there was a place
that had just beautiful fried catfish
so I called and dove in and out as fast
as I could . They always put in a extra
1 or 2 pcs for Old Smokestack.

Watermelon, tiger blood orange ?
Never had a good place like that.
Did have a place that had just great
ham & cheese on rye piled high for
drivers. It was just some Mom & Pop
place.

I guess otherwise there was a place
that had just beautiful fried catfish
so I called and dove in and out as fast
as I could . They always put in a extra
1 or 2 pcs for Old Smokestack.
We had a old mom an pop Philipp 66 that had the best fired egg, bacon, egg, and cheese. Man I swear she put a pound of bacon!

Back in the late 1970's/early 1980's coming out of Buffalo for Maislin, there used to be a small luncheonette in a very small strip mall where Youngmann Highway (I-290) crossed Sheridan Ave in Amherst, NY. They used to have the best roast beef hash and egg breakfast. It was so good that in the late 1990's while up that way on vacation I tried to go there but sadly it was gone. :452: :crybaby:

My breakfast bagels and newspaper from an Elizabeth, NJ “roach coach” will always be missed!
Awww yea I had a couple roach coaches that had killer good stuff but you had to make sure about meeting them since they kinda had a tight schudle & supply of goodies . But honestly got some fresh and really good stuff from them .

One of my favorites anywhere.
We had Quail 24 hrs a day at Hoke's truck stop in Claxton Ga.
They raised Quail for the shooting preserves.
What were you doing in Georgia? Thought you fought through the mountains into Florida.

Esther's Diner, rt 22 Fredericksburg, Pa. Breaded deep fried pork chops with a side order of baked beans and breaded fried eggplant plus choice of potato. 2 large chops. Used to be open 24/7, lots of freight truckers used to stop there back in the 70's and 80's. I can still remember the cooks name, Barry, if it wasn't busy he'd come out and sit at the counter with me and have a coffee and bull...t.

Esther's Diner, rt 22 Fredericksburg, Pa. Breaded deep fried pork chops with a side order of baked beans and breaded fried eggplant plus choice of potato. 2 large chops. Used to be open 24/7, lots of freight truckers used to stop there back in the 70's and 80's. I can still remember the cooks name, Barry, if it wasn't busy he'd come out and sit at the counter with me and have a coffee and bull...t.
Midway Diner and Esther's, both great places back in the day. :1036316054:

Midway Diner and Esther's, both great places back in the day. :1036316054:

Yea, I'd do Midway too if I was running with other guys that wanted to stop there, but Esther's was always my first choice. We ran a lot of freight from Tannersville down to Hagerstown back then so I went that way quite often. That was back when we really didn't have bid runs or starting times. It was trash board, on call, they wouldn't even tell you where you were going. If you were lucky they'd tell you if you needed to pack a bag or not.