FedEx Freight | Favorite stops

You run down that way with Maislin?
Yes, going to our "Lancaster" terminal which was actually in Mt. Joy on Cloverleaf Road off 283. We would go out I-78/22 to 743 through Hershey to 283. Stopped at both Midway and Esthers. Actually first went to them both in early 1970's while at Buster Brown before Maislin. So many good places to stop way back then compared to now.

Yes, going to our "Lancaster" terminal which was actually in Mt. Joy on Cloverleaf Road off 283. We would go out I-78/22 to 743 through Hershey to 283. Stopped at both Midway and Esthers. Actually first went to them both in early 1970's while at Buster Brown before Maislin. So many good places to stop way back then compared to now.

I liked finding the out of the way places. We used to run up to Pittsfield, Mass back roads all the way except a short stretch of the Thruway, get off and run across the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. I can't remember the routes but there was a little village bakery that would open early hours of the morning to start baking for the day. I'd stop there and get a coffee and a still warm muffin. Made my night.

I liked finding the out of the way places. We used to run up to Pittsfield, Mass back roads all the way except a short stretch of the Thruway, get off and run across the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. I can't remember the routes but there was a little village bakery that would open early hours of the morning to start baking for the day. I'd stop there and get a coffee and a still warm muffin. Made my night.
Totally agree. Used to love the occasional times I got a flatbed load at Maislin. Used to explore without worrying about coming up to a low bridge somewhere.

PS - Used to go to a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Pittsfield on motorcycle rides years ago. It think it was called Maria's if I remember correctly. It's been gone a very long time though.
(Just remembered it was Rosa Restaurant in Pittsfield)

Coming out of Montreal headed for Boston with Maislin I used to stop for early breakfast at a neat little cafe on the village square in Swanton, Vermont. Used to love talking with the early morning locals there.

Still stop at Black Bear in Pottersville, NY when I can going to and from Montreal.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Used to love the occasional times I got a flatbed load at Maislin. Used to explore without worrying about coming up to a low bridge somewhere.

PS - Used to go to a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Pittsfield on motorcycle rides years ago. It think it was called Maria's if I remember correctly. It's been gone a very long time though.

Coming out of Montreal headed for Boston with Maislin I used to stop for early breakfast at a neat little cafe on the village square in Swanton, Vermont. Used to love talking with the early morning locals there.

Still stop at Black Bear in Pottersville, NY when I can going to and from Montreal.

Those sound like my kind of places.

“Donut Dip” off of 5 in West Springfield, Mass. Mmm mmm!!!

You better believe it SC. I can't understand runners who just want to dash without stopping for a bite. :duh:
C F and Carolina had a few who wouldn't stop.
Their dispatchers would run a jr. man back ahead of them if they were a clock punch in front.
Most of our dispatchers would hold the freight until you were rested unless layover pay was involved.