Yellow | FedEx combines freight / national companies

Ours ain't like that. April 1st our new bids start..and we can bid road or city..the way it should be..We can do both. what is it that makes a city guy and a road driver so different from each other...I think the 2 board deal is divisive. I think a Teamster should be able to pick whatever is available with his seniority every time we bid..If he wants road this year and city next and dock the following, he should get what his seniority gets him in any of those spots. That's my opinion. I think some New Penn terminals do it like you said..maybe Trenton does...But ours gives what ya want with what your seniority gets..We are all one that way...not seperate"road drivers" or 'city guys' or dock guys"..and our seniority gets us what we want..the way it should be..not divisive...and we can all do every part of the trade like i feel a Teamster should be able to do..not just one part.
In our local dock workers don't have to be a cdl holder and they and the city drivers (lcl705) are on their own list. You can go from road to dock and keep your co senority, but start at the bottom of the list, this works both ways . city is a different local so no you can't go there without resigning first. That is the correct way,then you don't have premodonnas doing city in the winter and road in the good weather, you should have to declare what board you want then except for medical reasons have to stay there.

Last edited by a moderator:
In our local dock workers don't have to be a cdl holder and they and the city drivers (lcl705) are on their own list. You can go from road to dock and keep your co senority, but start at the bottom of the list, this works both ways . city is a different local so no you can't go there without resigning first. That is the correct way,then you don't have premodonnas doing city in the winter and road in the good weather, you should have to declare what board you want then except for medical reasons have to stay there.
If we only bid once/year..then they have to stay all year unless they are on the bottom of the list and they don't get enough work..and if they don't make so much in a week they come in...but the contract says how much they have to make or not.

Ours ain't like that. April 1st our new bids start..and we can bid road or city..the way it should be..We can do both. what is it that makes a city guy and a road driver so different from each other...I think the 2 board deal is divisive. I think a Teamster should be able to pick whatever is available with his seniority every time we bid..If he wants road this year and city next and dock the following, he should get what his seniority gets him in any of those spots. That's my opinion. I think some New Penn terminals do it like you said..maybe Trenton does...But ours gives what ya want with what your seniority gets..We are all one that way...not seperate"road drivers" or 'city guys' or dock guys"..and our seniority gets us what we want..the way it should be..not divisive...and we can all do every part of the trade like i feel a Teamster should be able to do..not just one part.
Ain't that way in Chicago , city drivers are 705 and line hall are 710 ya can't walk in to another union and do their work. New Penn's drivers must be in the same local .

seniority should always prevail in the same terminal. what good is end tailing

Maybe the 1700 employees that are gettin screwed should put their money together, Start a trucking company and go after fedexes customers.

I have seen the bashing on the Fedex board. No employee got to make this decision. I hate to see anyone loose their job. It is scary out there. You have to start over and a lot less money without all the vacation time and extra benefits you have acquired. It is going to get worse for most trucking industry people. We all thought we were in a field where we could work the rest of our lives. For many of us we were wrong. Union or not it doesn't make a difference. Being able to provide for your family does.

Fedex Freight lost 16 mill if they continued like that they would b like yall smat ceo's do the right thing no matter how diffucult the dessision when the time calls for it 2 b done not late dissicions that banckrupt companies and then ask 4 bailouts just like yall

I have no sympathy for the employees at Fed ex, or Conway. They heavily discounted frt that was handled by YRC in an effort to put YRC out of business. (little did they know our management is doing a fine job on this task) I realize the sales people over at those 2 companies played a major part, but the drivers where running around saying the sky is falling at YRC and doing their part. I am also embarrassed when I hear the UPS frt drivers are doing the same thing. UPS frt is another company that has long been not profitable. They would have been out of business long ago if it wasnt for UP and now UPS buying them. I predict UPS will get rid of them shortly. YRC isnt the only one loosing money. But they are the only one that are hurting themselves.
LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING FOR SURE DRIVER, I work for freight and we were handed letters to hand out to costomers about your issues. Those never made it out of the terminals cause the drivers told the company it was BULLS$%^! We werent doing their dirty work do it yourself. You might not like me for I am a non-union individual but nore do you have the right to BASH US EITHER. WE are all americans in this FU^&up country, GOOD DAY! YOU DODNT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY COME FIND ME I LIVE IN TOLEDO!

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING FOR SURE DRIVER, I work for freight and we were handed letters to hand out to costomers about your issues. Those never made it out of the terminals cause the drivers told the company it was BULLS$%^! We werent doing their dirty work do it yourself. You might not like me for I am a non-union individual but nore do you have the right to BASH US EITHER. WE are all americans in this FU^&up country, GOOD DAY! YOU DODNT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY COME FIND ME I LIVE IN TOLEDO!
Ah, see what you did Mustang. You got Glen Beck all ticked off. :hysterical:

One thing all companies cut rates and try to get more business. Number 2 There is a long history behind Overnite being at one time the envy of the trucking industry. The company fell on hard times after UP bought them. Had one of the biggest comebacks in trucking history. Then came UPS now no more Overnite. Yes, Overnite would still be here and probably doing better then most. As far as UPS Freight they are showing record profits along with UPS. Also, even through the United States is having its problems it still the best Nation in the world. You are wrong about everything.

zollars.preview_0.jpg
images

OK now boys..there will always be competition
but we belong to the same country club

images

CarrierLogosFreight.jpg

One thing all companies cut rates and try to get more business. Number 2 There is a long history behind Overnite being at one time the envy of the trucking industry. The company fell on hard times after UP bought them. Had one of the biggest comebacks in trucking history. Then came UPS now no more Overnite. Yes, Overnite would still be here and probably doing better then most. As far as UPS Freight they are showing record profits along with UPS. Also, even through the United States is having its problems it still the best Nation in the world. You are wrong about everything.
You got a problem with the mud hens? (whatever they are)

zollars.preview_0.jpg
images

OK now boys..there will always be competition
but we belong to the same country club

images

CarrierLogosFreight.jpg

Last year I read that Forbes rated him number 6 richest man in the world...the list just came out for the richest in the country...and Fred ain't there....maybe with "the brown bailout" on every site on the web...he might have had to hide some money or ask his buddy Steve Forbes to keep hi off the list...Might look like he's paying some Tennessee politicians(and others) off.

The Fedex Frt driver lives in Toledo. I'm a Detroit Tiger fan, the Toledo Mud Hens are a farm team of the Tigers. I am a retired Roadway driver, I would tell this Fedex Frt. driver that non-union or union, we are all in this together.

The Fedex Frt driver lives in Toledo. I'm a Detroit Tiger fan, the Toledo Mud Hens are a farm team of the Tigers. I am a retired Roadway driver, I would tell this Fedex Frt. driver that non-union or union, we are all in this together.
Oh, a (retired) Roadway driver. I thought I read something else, nevermind. Losing seasons are quite familiar out in that area, aren't they? Did the Lions win a football game out there yet? Hmm, imagine that? :biglaugh: