Yellow | FedEx combines freight / national companies

lets drop it, this is a YRC forum, if they want to talk about Fedex, they can just as we can talk about YRC on the Fedex forum, this is their house, you are a guest in their house.... let it go and move on..

if you guys want to argue about fedex and yrc, do it in a PM

Just another step in the dismantling of the American Middle Class brought to you by the arrogance of mismanagement.

I don't claim to not care about FedEx employees fortune. I don't care about your conjecture as to the future plans and conspiracy theories about Nafta, etc. Please re-read my posts and you will see the spirit in which they were posted, which was to inform posters here as to FedEx's policy in this matter and the fairness of their plan. I don't think I could be more clear about this.
The matter of fairness? Good, may want to explain the policy of fairness that Fed Ex provides to all their employees, especially to this gentleman in the hyperlink.

YouTube - FEDEX INHUMANE TREATMENT....TERMINATED AFTER 25 YEARS OF SERVICE!!!

OK your the CEO of FEDEX, your profit doubles and what do you do? Close more facilities and layoff more workers so you can triple you profits! Gready CEO's

I work for FedEx and my guess is yes cut as many jobs as you can. The way the are doing it they get rid of people who have been here awhile. And replace them with more new employees that will be willing to work the dock do city p&d and go on road runs, and yet be part timers. An plus you stur up hate and discontent with your employees so as they don't get along they blame each other for what has happened and back stab each other thus getting rid of more but termination for various reasons. Just remember FedEx is a people company and we take care of our people, we are a team. It's just we play for differant teams. The Freddy FedEx, me for my family. I wish you all the best and hope and pray somehow it will work out for all.

From what I read up there they will be transferring in with job class seniority not full company seniority...like if a guy was road for 10 and city for 10 it would be 10 years seniority not 20...maybe I'm wrong.
No you are right on it. We only get to take job class time not our complete company seniority.

:smilies-19296: :guiness:

No you are right on it. We only get to take job class time not our complete company seniority.

:smilies-19296: :guiness:

I don't get that.. I think even some union shops do that..Ours doesn't.. So when ya switch from the city to the road ya lose all that time...that's goofy. Their all a part of the trade for the same company...And I heard that some companies like Connway the raod drivers work the dock anyways...so it's OK to jump classes for what they want but...when that full company time might benefit you (and this is discriminatory to the older guys if ya ask me) it gets thrown out the window..FEDEX user and abuser of people..I hate the concept of 2 different job classes. If you're there 20 years you're there 20 years. And ya should get what 20 years gets ya...whatever you want and is available for that much time..not split time.

I don't get that.. I think even some union shops do that..Ours doesn't.. So when ya switch from the city to the road ya lose all that time...that's goofy. Their all a part of the trade for the same company...And I heard that some companies like Connway the raod drivers work the dock anyways...so it's OK to jump classes for what they want but...when that full company time might benefit you (and this is discriminatory to the older guys if ya ask me) it gets thrown out the window..FEDEX user and abuser of people..I hate the concept of 2 different job classes. If you're there 20 years you're there 20 years. And ya should get what 20 years gets ya...whatever you want and is available for that much time..not split time.
That is why they don't have drivers over the age of 50 at a lot of these companies. The older the employees get, the more they want to get rid of them, because of the liability they may bring to the company.

That is why they don't have drivers over the age of 50 at a lot of these companies. The older the employees get, the more they want to get rid of them, because of the liability they may bring to the company.
A more likely explaination for companies like FedEx,Conway,etc not having many drivers in their upper 50's is that they havent been in business that long, in this area AF(later FX)has only been around here since'86,Conway maybe1990.

It's a shame that when ya live in a so-called great and civilized nation as this, that the company comes before human the human dignity which the country was created for and by..

Was a Yellow line haul driver able to bump a Roadway city driver when YRC merged ? We decide if we want to be a road driver or a city driver. They are two different boards, one cannot bump into the other. Some have argued for one board, but at this time we have two just like most, or all union shops.

Was a Yellow line haul driver able to bump a Roadway city driver when YRC merged ? We decide if we want to be a road driver or a city driver. They are two different boards, one cannot bump into the other. Some have argued for one board, but at this time we have two just like most, or all union shops.
Ours ain't like that. April 1st our new bids start..and we can bid road or city..the way it should be..We can do both. what is it that makes a city guy and a road driver so different from each other...I think the 2 board deal is divisive. I think a Teamster should be able to pick whatever is available with his seniority every time we bid..If he wants road this year and city next and dock the following, he should get what his seniority gets him in any of those spots. That's my opinion. I think some New Penn terminals do it like you said..maybe Trenton does...But ours gives what ya want with what your seniority gets..We are all one that way...not seperate"road drivers" or 'city guys' or dock guys"..and our seniority gets us what we want..the way it should be..not divisive...and we can all do every part of the trade like i feel a Teamster should be able to do..not just one part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only ten years? What is amazing is that people choose to ignore it, or play that won't happen to me type of attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
where does thet leave the thousands of forklift operaters that will be out of work if yrc closes?my opinion is about 20 % of us will find jobs making 10-15 dollars an hour with little or no medical insurance, the other 75 % will collect unemployment or eventually be forced to take a job that pays at or a little over min wage. very sad what the future might hold.