Yellow | FedEx running scared over labor bill...

If what you post is true then what is FedEx worried about? Why this multi million dollar campaign & the threats to congress? Why would they care about using some old railroad regulation to make it harder for the employees to join a union?

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe they're more worried about package sorters unionizing?

FedEx readies campaign against UPS over labor bill - Yahoo! Finance

NEW YORK (AP) -- FedEx Corp. is set to launch a multimillion dollar marketing campaign on Tuesday against chief rival UPS Inc., arguing the world's largest shipping carrier is the driving force behind a bill that would make it easier for FedEx workers to unionize.

It boggles the mind to think that Fed-Ex is going to spend untold millions to stop the union when for a few million dollars, they could become a huge unionized company with all the perks that the Union employees as well as the non-union management would receive and enjoy. :duh:

It boggles the mind to think that Fed-Ex is going to spend untold millions to stop the union when for a few million dollars, they could become a huge unionized company with all the perks that the Union employees as well as the non-union management would receive and enjoy. :duh:

And what boggles the mind even more is that the non-union workers there think they are better off without a union! Go figure!! :duh: :duh:

And what boggles the mind even more is that the non-union workers there think they are better off without a union! Go figure!! :duh: :duh:

May keep them all working longer. Union demands will eventually break down a good company. Good companies pay employees their worth. Hopefully Smith will just shut down and live a long happy properous life. He earned it. Every damn dime of it.

May keep them all working longer. Union demands will eventually break down a good company. Good companies pay employees their worth. Hopefully Smith will just shut down and live a long happy properous life. He earned it. Every damn dime of it.

Yes you're correct. Union (Teamster) demands sure have shut down that terribly unsuccessful company called UPS didn't they!! :eck13:

By the way, aren't those folks you're talking about (at FedEx anyway) considered sub-contractors and not employees?? Hmm!! :nutkick:

Yeah, at FedEx, you are eligible for benefits after you have worked 1000 hours. Then you still have to pay out of pocket... so lets see, 1000 hours / 15 hours a week = 66 weeks or a year and 3 months before eligible for benefits. At least at the big R it was work 30 days then your laid off but you still worked enough to get benefits for a few months. LOL So yes, the Union would be better than nothing at all.

Where did you here this 1000 hours before benefits?

If what you post is true then what is FedEx worried about? Why this multi million dollar campaign & the threats to congress? Why would they care about using some old railroad regulation to make it harder for the employees to join a union?

What is even more curious is why the union would actually push to get a federal law changed to help get their foot in the door at Fedex. Why is it so important to get Fedex unionized? Why can't they leave well enough alone? :Duel:

I think you're missing the point here.
Why should one company have a exemption that another company doesn't . I think that's the whole point here.

I think you're missing the point here.
Why should one company have a exemption that another company doesn't . I think that's the whole point here.

Why not 'give' (change federal law) the 'exemption' to everyone? Who is the 'exemption' hurting?

Again, I don't think that Fedex is asking anyone to drop their union, but I hear alot of pressure on Fedex to join or accept one.

What is it about Fedex that makes it such an obsession for the Teamsters Union? :shift:

What is even more curious is why the union would actually push to get a federal law changed to help get their foot in the door at Fedex. Why is it so important to get Fedex unionized? Why can't they leave well enough alone? :Duel:

Maybe because they feel that FedEx is using that law to make it more difficult for it's workers to join a union. Shouldn't the FedEx workers in Boise or Boston have the same rights to organize as the UPS, Conway or Estes workers in those cities have? Doesn't the railroad act deny FedEx workers in lets say Miami the right to join the union unless every other FedEx facility in every other city votes to join at the same time?

I still can't understand what FedEx is afraid of. It looks as if they are hiding behind the railroad act because they think that given the chance their employees will join the Teamsters union.

Maybe because they feel that FedEx is using that law to make it more difficult for it's workers to join a union. Shouldn't the FedEx workers in Boise or Boston have the same rights to organize as the UPS, Conway or Estes workers in those cities have? Doesn't the railroad act deny FedEx workers in lets say Miami the right to join the union unless every other FedEx facility in every other city votes to join at the same time?

I still can't understand what FedEx is afraid of. It looks as if they are hiding behind the railroad act because they think that given the chance their employees will join the Teamsters union.

I guess I don't understand why it is any of the unions business what Fedex does or does not do. (or what Conway or Estes does, for that matter) That is between the company and the employees.

I think what Fedex is 'afraid of' is strong arm tactics by the federal government in support of unions that want to come between the company and its employees for the purpose of making money. (lets face it, union representation is not free)

And as far as 'hiding behind the railroad act' goes, Fedex is abiding by the law that governs it. Is UPS or Estes 'hiding behind' the laws that govern them?

The UNION HAVE BECAME WHAT THEY WERE FIGHTING AGAINST. ALL THEY WANT IS YOURE MONEY. So they can go take there vacations,trips,cars,and take all those trips that are suppose to be a big meeting with all union presidents and spend all youre union dues, to have a party, because HAY next week you will be giving more money, FOR WHAT AGAIN.

Actually, Fed Ex would give the Teamsters the shot in the arm it needs to get some control back. Conditions would improve all around.
The only shot in the arm fedex employees would give the Teamsters ...would be money ..thats all we would be ...a paycheck ...If it were like the old days ..you would see more of us interested .... I have been a union man before .... 1977 to 1986 ....... :hide:

The only shot in the arm fedex employees would give the Teamsters ...would be money ..thats all we would be ...a paycheck ...If it were like the old days ..you would see more of us interested .... I have been a union man before .... 1977 to 1986 ....... :hide:

If that is the case then why is FedEx wasting all that money? It seems to me that if the majority of FedEx employees feel as you do then FedEx has nothing to worry about.

Because they dont want a bunch of whining little B*tchs,(thats not my job,you cant make me,i'll call my union on you because your picking on me bo freaking hoo, get over it.) They want fedex be bail them out because the government wont.