Yellow | From Dallas, Some Of The YRC COO Numbers Have Changed! Check With Your Own Local!

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I am leaving in a few hours for Dallas, TX for the YRC COO hearing.

I will be limited to the time and availablity that I may get to come to TB and share anything. :gathering:

So to all those who try and post rumors and hearsay and try to stir up the crap :stirthepot:......it ain't nothing until the goat sings!:drama:

I hope to meet some of the TruckingBoard members while I am there....don't be afraid....the goat will not bite!:rofl2:

Goat coat?

I hope you sent a coat with the goat.....it's -4 up here! I promise to take good care of it for you. Thanks for all you do KK and you too DUDE. :clap:

(:biglaugh: that was funny KK!)

I hope you sent a coat with the goat.....it's -4 up here! I promise to take good care of it for you. Thanks for all you do KK and you too DUDE. :clap:

(:biglaugh: that was funny KK!)
Thanks AnnieO. KK, I'll see you down there. I'm leaving in a few hours too. This one should make the UE/Velocity COO look tame.

You boys have my thanks! I myself would not be up to the task your about to confront. :thumbsup:

I'm a little out of the loop ... havent' been reading the boards lately, it's too depressing since when it's all done I probably won't have a job, but ... what is this Dallas meeting supposed to be about and accomplish?

I'm a little out of the loop ... havent' been reading the boards lately, it's too depressing since when it's all done I probably won't have a job, but ... what is this Dallas meeting supposed to be about and accomplish?
In short, the combining of Yellow and Roadway. :smilie_132:

It's about a complete realigning of line haul, some major changes in city P&D territories, some terminals being closed/combined with others, revamping/realigning of the UE program, and all of this in conjunction with the finalization of the Yellow/Roadway merger. This is the biggest ever COO/Merger in the history of Unionized LTL freight and will be very interesting to see and hear, to say the least.

In short, the combining of Yellow and Roadway. :smilie_132:

Ah, so more of the same 'blah, blah, blah', where we still don't know anything about anything at the end of the meeting.

All I know for sure is I've been laid off since July, lucky if I get 1 day a week, I'm on the bottom of the seniority ladder when the merger happens here, there probably won't be anything for me unles a whole BUNCH of people leave/retire. If not, it could be years before I get worked back on - some of the guys merging in have been on layoff for the better part of 5 years - they have seniority over me.

Keep your eyes and ears open KK! While you're at the bar sucking down that Southern Comfort with Tyson, ask him about that new billing center in Topeka! They're a plus 45 on the change, but Local 696 still has absolutely no info on the contract that will be in place there, where it's at, what the wages/benefits will be, etc....! A few of our girls at CVE/RFO are inquiring who might have to move! Thanks!:bowdown:

It's about a complete realigning of line haul, some major changes in city P&D territories, some terminals being closed/combined with others, revamping/realigning of the UE program, and all of this in conjunction with the finalization of the Yellow/Roadway merger. This is the biggest ever COO/Merger in the history of Unionized LTL freight and will be very interesting to see and hear, to say the least.
Sounds like a "full plate". I would plan for some long days. Good luck and stay safe, to all of you attending the meeting.

Maybe suggest to them a simple solution for all the lost equipment and the logistic problems they are encountering in DEN. Change all the #'s on the trailers to a YRC # that they can enter into each system as a foreign trl # until the merger is done. Maybe when they cram us all together it would be less of a cluster boogie.

Round & round she goes.........

"No matter how much the company wants to change things it always wind up going back to the way it was b4 all the COO after they tweak it alittle bit like they really did something":duh:

Look at the UE / PSE we need this in order to survive was their plea now they are ready to abandon this for no reason. This management is a bunch of :loser:

"No matter how much the company wants to change things it always wind up going back to the way it was b4 all the COO after they tweak it alittle bit like they really did something":duh:

Look at the UE / PSE we need this in order to survive was their plea now they are ready to abandon this for no reason. This management is a bunch of :loser:

YEAH WHAT HE SAID:flame:

Definately round and round we go!

:smilie_132: This is one of the best posts I've seen in awhile. Statements like whatever the company wants they get, [AMEN] They need utility and velocity to remain open only to ditch it nine months later. My favorite part is having a drink with Tyson Johnson, oh would'nt like a one on one with that JOKER ! :smilie_132:

The utility program is not dead and being abandonded. Did any of you people who keep posting this read the proposed change? There are 70 UE gains at terminals. The total of UE after the proposed change will be one less than Roadway had. The 340 UE job loss is because of the merger of terminals and the loss of runs over 200 miles to the Road. I know dock and road hate UE's but they are not going away.