Yellow | From Dallas, Some Of The YRC COO Numbers Have Changed! Check With Your Own Local!

Skillit roadway puts up list like that in most terminals.the day you start with the company and the day you move into a new one.

The change committee will hear the rest of the Utility change today.
Decisions will be made within in a week to 10 days. If we are lucky sooner.

That's what I meant....is the 1000 msixteen is referring to part of the 3750 we already know are going to lose their jobs, or are they adding an additional 1000 to that number for a total of 4750?

It would take a lot of research to find out exactly how many are currently laid off. In an earlier thread I thought I read 2600. Here is a link to a series of reports, one from St Louis says YRCW laid off 5000 this year but that includes everyone from every company. If you google YRCW 3750, there are a lot of articles. I still believe that the 3750 includes these 929 and or 1000 that's being discussed here.

DESPITE 10% TEAMSTER PAY CUT, YELLOW ROADWAY TO LAY OFF WORKERS ANYWAY…proving yet again that concessions never saved a single job, and that it takes a fight to win! « GANGBOX: CONSTRUCTION WORKERS NEWS SERVICE

The 1,000 come from the COO of March 2009....the other 3,750 are pre- COO layoffs...It has been a rough week and a long day on top of the latest bad news on YRCW's loss on $974M for 2008.....i will go futher into detail on the COO...I am worn out and tired and going to bed early....God help us all..KK

While we greatly appreciate all of your hard work and long day's following these event's, you can't just go to bed! Especially after droping the "God help us All" bomb. Now I'll never get to sleep tonight! :hide:

:joke: Get some rest and thank's again. Look forward to hearing from you tomarrow.

2009 yrcw will rebound.........500 million more in the green........lets put 08 behind us and watch 09 improve for the better.......I am optimistic......nuff said.......:popcorn:

Finally

Yes..It is has all been true. Not your fault. Your CEO thought transportation was like running General Electric,the more market share, at any cost, is beneficial...The banks, since the covenants were broken, own the the company. It is now the decison of the banks to decide what is next. Sad??Yes.
The banks need to resolve "bad paper" before they can get their Tarp money so the liquidation will begin. Anyone need a tractor?

For any Indy Local 135 people....just heard from our steward in Dallas...they haven't even heard our COO's yet...they will hear them on Friday. He said spread the word.

What happened to the DAILY updates? Something tells me that the cold hand of IBT sensorship is at play.....the whole process should have been transparent, broadcast LIVE on a webcast for all to see.....let everybody see the testimony of the Agents and Stewards instead of laying it all on one guy to relay snipets of info......