FedEx Freight | Furloughs again

Glock76

TB Lurker
Credits
Just got told today that we’re having a second round of furloughs. Of course there isn’t a number of how many but that it’s mainly only for city. Same dates and stipend just more people needed. All ready deaded few tractors and retired a bunch of vans.

They just discussed more city, road and this time dock furloughs at our terminal. I'm not taking it, I think I have enough people under me to be ok. However I do feel like Lone Wattie from Josey Wales because they took my city truck and made it surrender /furlough.

They offered us 6 weeks starting in the middle of January. I don't think they'll get any volunteers for that, but we'll see.

Every location is doing things a little different. We were also told that if they didn’t get what they needed they would force from the bottom. Plenty of volunteers so far though.

Alright I guess I need more information. I am at a center in Wisconsin and the next two months are going to be probably the worst driving months of the year…..I have quite a bit of money in savings. This seven week furlough sounds like a godsend to me. Any idea why I wouldn’t want to take it? Am I missing anything. I am mid 50s, I have never been laid off from a job in my life and this furlough really sounds good to me…… again, if I’m missing something please tell me what the downside for me would be. Thanks

Alright I guess I need more information. I am at a center in Wisconsin and the next two months are going to be probably the worst driving months of the year…..I have quite a bit of money in savings. This seven week furlough sounds like a godsend to me. Any idea why I wouldn’t want to take it? Am I missing anything. I am mid 50s, I have never been laid off from a job in my life and this furlough really sounds good to me…… again, if I’m missing something please tell me what the downside for me would be. Thanks
300 bucks a week and you have to pay for your insurance I think you can get unemployment too

I am in a very similar situation as yours, maybe a little older (late 50’s), and took the 90 day furlough.No regrets here what so ever.We may miss a few day’s of holiday pay but everything gonna be alright.Our state unemployment might be one of the lowest there is,I just don’t know,but again everything gonna be alright.
Remember insurance premiums will have to be reimbursed and the lump sum payment we receive upon return would have to be paid back if we leave FXFE within 6 months.
At this point in my life it has been a Godsend.

I thought about taking it but being stuck in the house in the winter with my kids would drive me crazy. Plus senior drivers take the furloughs anyways. We have about 70 drivers on our road board. If they do a spring furlough I will sign up.