Yellow | Future of Buffalo After change

yard horse

TB Lurker
Credits
First of I would like to thank the Mods on this site for keeping us informed on these shaky times at YRC or whatever we are called now . I have read the change several times but could someone please help me understand the numbers . It is clear the roadway terminal is now going to be closed , and freight moved to the Yellow terminal. What I don't understand is the numbers that don't seem to add up . This is what is says :
231 {roadway} I dock -13 ,P&d -18 ,transfer dock -52 , switcher -10 , road drivers -79 ,utility -3 ,clerks ,-10 , mechanics-13.
this is where is gets confusing yellow is only adding the following :
I dock +12 , P and d +14 ,transfer dock -3 , switcher -1 ,road drivers +5 , utility -3 ,clerks +10
Looks like the mechanics are all gone according to the change. As far at the rest it is unclear to how they are doing it , I obviously want a dovetail , Please explain if you can , MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

First of I would like to thank the Mods on this site for keeping us informed on these shaky times at YRC or whatever we are called now . I have read the change several times but could someone please help me understand the numbers . It is clear the roadway terminal is now going to be closed , and freight moved to the Yellow terminal. What I don't understand is the numbers that don't seem to add up . This is what is says :
231 {roadway} I dock -13 ,P&d -18 ,transfer dock -52 , switcher -10 , road drivers -79 ,utility -3 ,clerks ,-10 , mechanics-13.
I dock +12 , P and d +14 ,transfer dock -3 , switcher -1 ,road drivers +5 , utility -3 ,clerks +10
Looks like the mechanics are all gone according to the change. As far at the rest it is unclear to how they are doing it , I obviously want a dovetail , Please explain if you can , MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I think i understand this now and it isn't good. Roadway loses 13 local dock jobs. These are the number of people it takes to work their local (city ) freight. Yellow gains 12 people to work that city freight. 12 people from Roadway can transfer to Yellow Buffalo. Roadway loses 79 drivers, but Yellow only gains 5 drivers: only 5 drivers can transfer to Yellow Buffalo. Roadway loses 52 transfer dock jobs (these are the number of people it takes to work the break freight). However Yellow Buffalo is also losing 3 transfer dock jobs so no one from Roadway can transfer over to Yellow Buffalo because they are also a loser. So i basically think if you are at roadway Buffalo you have to move some place else that is a gaining terminal. If i am wrong someone please correct me..........

Seniority lists between Roadway and Yellow Buffalo might be dovetailed and junior men then laidoff to reach the plus -minus numbers. You need more info on the local change (where Roadway Buffalo work is going),,,,,

i don't think you can bid anywhere else.You can only follow your freight and if your freights only going to Buffalo well then that's it.It's called eliminating jobs!It sucks but that's the master plan.

I think i understand this now and it isn't good. Roadway loses 13 local dock jobs. These are the number of people it takes to work their local (city ) freight. Yellow gains 12 people to work that city freight. 12 people from Roadway can transfer to Yellow Buffalo. Roadway loses 79 drivers, but Yellow only gains 5 drivers: only 5 drivers can transfer to Yellow Buffalo. Roadway loses 52 transfer dock jobs (these are the number of people it takes to work the break freight). However Yellow Buffalo is also losing 3 transfer dock jobs so no one from Roadway can transfer over to Yellow Buffalo because they are also a loser. So i basically think if you are at roadway Buffalo you have to move some place else that is a gaining terminal. If i am wrong someone please correct me..........
My take is that you are partially correct.Regardless if you gain or loose within a job classification,the dovetailed seniority will likely prevail.Not counting those jobs to leave your local jurisdiction any jobs left in your local terminal will not be filled by just rdwy men.Those "added" for example would displace some yfsy men at you barn!Remember this the gain or loss in any job class in each terminal.

One more thing.RER does not have road men but regardless of our city-dock ops,we seem to gain 9 road jobs.It will be interesting to see who could bid those jobs.Buffalo will have huge road board losses so they naturally would like to follow the work.But you know the bottom 25 percent of our city board that's laid of in Rochester now would like to keep them out. Sorry to say but every situation will be the same,each man desperate to keep his job alive!

I think that when any location gains or loses, they're talking about jobs.These
jobs should be filled by dovetailed Yrc.employees by order of senoirity. After
3/1/09 we'll all be one big happy family. remember this is a c.o.o.

In my opinion,the entire Teamster Yrc.employee roster should be dovetailed and employees allowed to bid in senority in any Yrc. Facility they choose.

So if I understand what you are saying then our outbound freight must be going to a different facility other that the yellow Buffalo , so we will either have to move following the freight or be laid off , correct ? This is the worst possible thing that could have happened , so much for all the bullshit about making the best numbers for the company.

So if I understand what you are saying then our outbound freight must be going to a different facility other that the yellow Buffalo , so we will either have to move following the freight or be laid off , correct ? This is the worst possible thing that could have happened , so much for all the bullshit about making the best numbers for the company.

Merry Christmas from YRC!!!:nutkick:

As to the relay operation...the minus 79 at Roadway is the whole active road board there after the 11 already laid off. 11 + 79 = 90 plus the inactive disabled on the list is the whole road board. That facility is closing and being dovetailed in at the new YRC terminal that was Yellow. The plus 5 there reflects the net gain in work for this combined relay with all the changes in primaries and overlays.

As to the relay operation...the minus 79 at Roadway is the whole active road board there after the 11 already laid off. 11 + 79 = 90 plus the inactive disabled on the list is the whole road board. That facility is closing and being dovetailed in at the new YRC terminal that was Yellow. The plus 5 there reflects the net gain in work for this combined relay with all the changes in primaries and overlays.

That makes sense but wow looks like a lot of guys will be out of a job after the dovetail , its going to be tough .

If the snapshot date is 12-18, the companies may have deliberately laid off a strategic number of drivers to reflect the language in the change. In other words the net loss in road jobs in Buffalo is much higher than the -74 net impact, taking into account men already laid off by this date at both companies.

Not all numbers are accurate, lou is losing 14 utility employees, cept they only have 12, 2 were eliminated cuz they never needed that many in the first place.

hello , im #38 on dock/yard list at rdwy and have 60 ahead of me at yellow , what do you think my chances are ?

All we can do is wait till we have a meeting and see , nobody knows yet , you are ahead of me so we are in the same boat. Enjoy your Christmas and we will worry about this mess come Monday. { but I will be on here checking for updates } LOL