FedEx Freight | Good Ole Fedex at it already

Sadly, that looks like a solid indicator where FedEx intends to go with the so-called merger.

Just hope it takes a long time to get to Freight.
I'd say, if there's anyone at Freight that isn't within 3yrs from retirement comes across an opportunity, they should jump on it.

Fx is about to $hit on every loyal employee they've got.

😡 Well Ground is a complete failure in my eyes , we have had more damaged , missing , BAD drivers (packages thrown in bushes , mailbox driven over , packages marked bad weather on sunny days) bottom line screw FDXG not going to be used ever again. USPS & UPS Standard Overnight both will be our shipping choices from now on , that's it ! One of our cops told me a Ground driver slammed into a tree down the street , bit his tongue 1/3 off , truck totaled and they had EMT's , tow truck , the city workers and 4 squads tied up for 3 hours since DOT and the contractor / owner who had the balls to ask how to make this go away since it was his truck and a city tree . Ohhh , guess he was looking at his phone when he hit at 42 mph in a 25 mph street . Keep up the good work FedEx .

BTW , they sent the Express driver to come and take the packages off the truck as fast as they could so he could see what he could get off . I know the man and know he probably got all the Ground and Express stops off . He's a good man but haven't seen him so was thinking he called it a day after 25 + years. Pretty dang sad I always looked forward to seeing this driver as he was a super grand person .

It's a shame , many good , very good drivers lost and what's left ?
Each barn has some good hands but it seems like the worst and
round mouths hang on forever just milking the clock stealing time
in the bathroom , fuel pumps , yard , shop spreading nasty things
about others , management guilty as charged .

FedEx ground can afford to suck because they have no competition. Your options are FedEx or UPS. One cannot handle all the volume, especially with the e-commerce boom. FedEx freight cannot afford to suck. There's a lot of competition in the LTL, trucking world. The fluctuating rates make it very difficult and you can't contract somebody to do work you don't have. We see fluctuating numbers everyday.

FedEx ground can afford to suck because they have no competition. Your options are FedEx or UPS. One cannot handle all the volume, especially with the e-commerce boom. FedEx freight cannot afford to suck. There's a lot of competition in the LTL, trucking world. The fluctuating rates make it very difficult and you can't contract somebody to do work you don't have. We see fluctuating numbers everyday.
Hope you're right, but their track record isn't promising.

Hope you're right, but their track record isn't promising.

I can always be wrong, but the numbers don't make sense to me. You know as well as I do, one day 20 city drivers will go out and then they'll need 40 for the next month and then it drops to 30. Contractors don't have a dock option.

I can always be wrong, but the numbers don't make sense to me. You know as well as I do, one day 20 city drivers will go out and then they'll need 40 for the next month and then it drops to 30. Contractors don't have a dock option.
Agreed on city. Road is a different animal. They can have a ballpark on runs give a take some. Shuttle no. 500+ runs oh yeah. Especially meets

Agreed on city. Road is a different animal. They can have a ballpark on runs give a take some. Shuttle no. 500+ runs oh yeah. Especially meets

Road is interesting too. A lot of runs get cancelled or added last minute. PT rates also fluctuate based on demand. PT is cheap right now, but that won't always be the case. Is FedEx willing to pay the cost of a 53 foot trailer for a few pieces of freight? Are contractors willing to get the necessary hazmat carrier license, train their employees every 3 years and pay hazmat drivers? What about guaranteed shipments? I've sat for a few hours waiting for a guaranteed price of freight to arrive and get loaded. Contractors are going to want more than 30/hr for waiting. They're also never in a rush and the state of their equipment is unknown. Do you penalize them for being late and costing you a paid shipment or customer?

How do you work the seniority and displacement based on job title? Then you have the shuttle runs and small EOL centers.

It's more than just contracting out meets and hub turns. If that were the case, they would've done it a long time ago.