Yellow | "GOT DOUBLES"?!

Didn't know they hired without doubles/triples endorsement, I see yellow pulling sets from time to time after all.

FXF requires everyone to get it, even if you're in the city pulling nothing but vans.

Not sure, didn’t see where it said you had to, but if it’s required for those bid runs, I’m sure it will be required for extra runs as well. Good luck to you.
What is the big deal? Just get the endorsements you need to do the job.
If there is a doubles run and you have no endorsements, you don't work, and the junior guy does. Yellow in Cleveland hired 50 Preston drivers when Preston shut down. That first winter, we worked pulling triples and senior guys sat home. No seniority violation because the senior people were not licensed to do the job.

Why would New Penn require it if they didn't pull them and still don't?
You can get tank and doubles as separate endorsements. Tank for totes.
That was before, sounds like Yellow wants to merge everything together now from just browsing around kinda like us where we haul FXG & FXE instead of them using contractors/ when they need help in some of their lanes.

Moving a new penn load today, a holland load tomorrow, a set of yellow doubles the next day and so forth - Keeps ya moving during the slow times.

With all the money Yellow wastes why don’t they pay for the endorsement and give the guy a days pay to go to motor vehicle instead of him having to blow a day ?

Labor costs are 15% higher for a company using pup- double trailers , per Patel at Libery Tax , as for the city drivers spend about 2 hours a day dropping & hooking & driving back across town ( 46 mph ) to get the empty one & then back across town (46 mph) again to D&H to get the heavy one in front , plus terminal's need to have 15% more doors to handle the extra 150 pups a day ! Gee wonder why old yeller can never show a profit ?? Plus maintenance cost on all the extra trailers too !!:duh:

Labor costs are 15% higher for a company using pup- double trailers , per Patel at Libery Tax , as for the city drivers spend about 2 hours a day dropping & hooking & driving back across town ( 46 mph ) to get the empty one & then back across town (46 mph) again to D&H to get the heavy one in front , plus terminal's need to have 15% more doors to handle the extra 150 pups a day ! Gee wonder why old yeller can never show a profit ?? Plus maintenance cost on all the extra trailers too !!:duh:
I think we should go to 60' trailers that bend in the middle like those articulated busses. That should make everyone happy. Oh, and they should be only 12' 6" high so they can go under all those low bridges and save time that way too. :duh:

Didn’t you have to renew your license on your own time before?
When I was hired at New Penn doubles weren’t required. Even after the change I won’t be pulling doubles.

If I decided to change from New Penn to YRC or Yeller or what ever name they decide to use and the endorsement was required for me to switch companies it would be reasonable for me to get and pay for the endorsement.

BUT since they bought the company that didn’t require it and they decided to make a change that they feel greatly betters them isn’t reasonable for them to pay for it ?

Maybe if they payed it they wouldn’t have to spend tons of money flying, feeding, housing and paying excess money to guys all over the country to pull doubles.

When I was hired at New Penn doubles weren’t required. Even after the change I won’t be pulling doubles.

If I decided to change from New Penn to YRC or Yeller or what ever name they decide to use and the endorsement was required for me to switch companies it would be reasonable for me to get and pay for the endorsement.

BUT since they bought the company that didn’t require it and they decided to make a change that they feel greatly betters them isn’t reasonable for them to pay for it ?

Maybe if they payed it they wouldn’t have to spend tons of money flying, feeding, housing and paying excess money to guys all over the country to pull doubles.
In Illinois, you can add a doubles endorsement to your CDL for about $10.