Yellow | "GOT DOUBLES"?!

I'm glad you posted this.
Not sure of all legalities....but we will definitely look into wording to prevent what you stated.
Good luck.
Maybe you could do the same for drivers who don't want to pull doubles.
OR, maybe you could get a contract that requires only 45-foot singles.
You could call it "past practice" for Holland and New Penn.
The rock should have no trouble winning that!

This is absolutely disrespectful and wrong.

It takes a lot of nerve and low character to put out a rule like this requiring a decision to be made to haul doubles in order to keep work, 1 month before bidding starts. That should be tossed right out until next bid time.
This is ********.
Fast talking Shysters act like this.
Swindlers and cheats.

Complain to your BA and the IBT tomorrow.
This is too short of notice.
They can wait.
Come out with a 500 page COO and tell you to make a decision to haul doubles in one month.
The BA'S haven't absorbed it. Nobody totally has......yet hurry hurry hurry.
Make a fast decision for Yellow.
They suck. And they can wait.
And what have quickly scheduled traing to cut into your decision time too? So you have no time to decide.
Not even a full month.
You do know the Truck Driving University at now Yellow, has been producing, never driven, doubles pulling truck drivers. And check this out, a Iarge number of the instructors at the truck driving university haven’t been driving long themselves. Take all the time you need getting those doubles endorsements, PTS or a foreign driver will be flown in to run your run until you get all your affairs in order.

You do know the Truck Driving University at now Yellow, has been producing, never driven, doubles pulling truck drivers. And check this out, a Iarge number of the instructors at the truck driving university haven’t been driving long themselves. Take all the time you need getting those doubles endorsements, PTS or a foreign driver will be flown in to run your run until you get all your affairs in order.
Flying drivers in isn’t going so well. Their paying out the butt and still can’t get them.

With all the money Yellow wastes why don’t they pay for the endorsement and give the guy a days pay to go to motor vehicle instead of him having to blow a day ?
Visitor here. Devil’s advocate: Is it in any of your contracts? Reality: Half day pay to go get it. Moving forward, unless stipulated, drivers pay.

Good luck.
How bout no 53’s in the city?

Dead men walking.
The new men and women.
As long as they get a few extra skids pulled....a few lives don't matter. It's all been figured out by the bean counters.

Road was the job our senior guys took. That changed to city here.

Now the new guys get forced on UE which will involve doubles, I suppose.

Make sure all new hires have their Teamster Death Benefit cards filled out.
You whining, again?

We take them to industrial Parks and DC''s.

That will change as the spoiled rotten formerly rich kid, who thinks he still has money, and must have all the latest toys and technology, gets his claws in deeper.

Time to go a little Amish on them and say no.

Everybody got modern
They all live in shoeboxes crammed together.
1 or 2 kids and are in debt.

The Amish have big houses, land and big families and plenty of food.
They didn't need all the new toys and technology like Yellow does.
Yes. You are whining again.

How bout no 53’s in the city?
I don't know about other states, but in NY 53' trailers (or doubles) are not legal on most roads other than interstates and some authorized state highways.....technically the same with a 48' if you have a twin screw.....any combination longer than 65' is forbidden on most roads.....of course, some of the round mouthers I work with disregard this.....

Good luck.
As usual, you speak without knowing what you speak of. ABF and Yellow have separate contracts with different language. As an example, in the picture below (YRCW) paragraph (b) does not exist in the ABF contract.

EF6D76B6-628C-4AA1-973E-69DD0EDE9677.md.png

I don't know about other states, but in NY 53' trailers (or doubles) are not legal on most roads other than interstates and some authorized state highways.....technically the same with a 48' if you have a twin screw.....any combination longer than 65' is forbidden on most roads.....of course, some of the round mouthers I work with disregard this.....
That’s why I brought it up. Thought it was basically interstates only. Seems largely ignored. As a line driver, if I’m entitled to extra miles for being over 18 on an axle, I request & get the miles.

That’s why I brought it up. Thought it was basically interstates only. Seems largely ignored. As a line driver, if I’m entitled to extra miles for being over 18 on an axle, I request & get the miles.
At one time in the Carolinas, we got 1/8 cent pr mi. more for pulling over 40K or a 3-axle tractor.
That's how we got wealthy.

As usual, you speak without knowing what you speak of. ABF and Yellow have separate contracts with different language. As an example, in the picture below (YRCW) paragraph (b) does not exist in the ABF contract.

EF6D76B6-628C-4AA1-973E-69DD0EDE9677.md.png
On that note I'm calling the new Razorblade is wrong rule on this....the rule states as follows "Razorblade is always wrong when ABF381 and SOR are all over his post.". So RB, you are wrong...lmao

Again, the equipment is not the problem. All of Yellows competitors use that type, and size of equipment, safely and profitably, every day of the week, year round.