FedEx Freight | GPD pay scale change

I didn't know Amazon had an ltl trucking company?? Explain the jobs you are talking about.
Yeah, you may have missed it, but they're doing a little more these days than selling books, and there's a tad more to the shipping industry than LtL. Or is it written somewhere that once you work at an LtL company that you can't work for a company that doesn't have an LtL division? (yet)

Last edited:
Just watch they will give new line drivers a 5,000 $ sign on. The loyal drivers get 1/2 cent raise. Yep then the increase in heath cost. Each yr because of the health cost all of us get bent

Yeah, you may have missed it, but they're doing a little more these days than selling books, and there's a tad more to the shipping industry than LtL. Or is it written somewhere that once you work at an LtL company that you can't work for a company that doesn't have an LtL division? (yet)

I must have missed it. We are talking truck driving jobs, not warehouse jobs. Maybe you should look at the sub forum you're posting in, before you post more of you're witty comments. I seriously doubt Amazon is paying more than what we make driving truck for fed ex anyways.

Just watch they will give new line drivers a 5,000 $ sign on. The loyal drivers get 1/2 cent raise. Yep then the increase in heath cost. Each yr because of the health cost all of us get bent

I'm actually pretty shocked this hasn't already happened.

In more fun news, a driver apprentice in my building was started at top rate so he's making more than me. Gotta love FedEx.

I'm in step 2 of progression. 24.xx an hour and he's at Apprentice top rate 26.xx an hour. I didn't see paystubs, but the topic came up because we've worked together in the past. He told me this work is way easier than what we were doing before and at 26 an hour, he'll do it forever. I had to pull up my last paystub to make sure I was still on step 2 and I am. Then I pulled up the pay rates and apprentices at my building have a top rate of 26.xx an hour.

That's straight a s s rotten crap right there , how the hell can't a guy be pissed off ?
Smoke,
That's not what we were told. We were informed only terminals with certain circumstances where terminals struggling to obtain drivers and dock help can offer one pay rate progression below top of scale. The terminals have to put a requisition into corporate and be approved. If they are approved drivers still in progression go to top pay. Also wage increases in October if there is any, all (but the new hires and apprentices) receive the wage increase and the new employees wait until the following October wage increase to move to top of scale. No new drivers or apprentices are starting at or above any current drivers or dockworkers. This makes total sense in all fairness for those of us that are or had to move through the full progression cycle. So the rumor of Fedex is hiring at top rate pay scale is more BS hearsay as usal. If you have a decent TM that clarifies the rumors you'll get a better understanding. Once again this is not system wide.

If you have a decent TM that clarifies the rumors you'll get a better understanding. Once again this is not system wide.

I do not have a decent TM, Assistant TM and only one decent Ops Manager that doesn't talk much. We're left to speculation and I can only take what I'm told at face value.

I'll speak to the apprentice to make sure I understood him right and if I did, up the chain of command I go.

A correction to post #24

The Apprentice is not at top rate and quick convo with city operations manager cleared it up. We're going to top rate in a week or two. I didn't ask about the Apprentices wage because I know he wouldn't answer those questions and I feel weird asking how much someone is getting paid.

Sorry for the confusion and for getting folks heated. A slight communication error.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction S69

We have allot of traffic here and we do not want to spread misinformation here . That's exactly what management wants to be able to say about us at TB . Ohhh you read TB that's why you ask so many questions , maybe a couple food whse and sort and segs will shut your mouth ...

We are the truth and speak the truth , the members weed out the b.s. trust me
I've seen them destroy the spreaders . Jeff has the best members here , we have the best info out there . We work hard here with our Mods and members to bring the truth to trucking .

TB ADMIN / SMOKESTACK

Thanks for the correction S69

We have allot of traffic here and we do not want to spread misinformation here . That's exactly what management wants to be able to say about us at TB . Ohhh you read TB that's why you ask so many questions , maybe a couple food whse and sort and segs will shut your mouth ...

We are the truth and speak the truth , the members weed out the b.s. trust me I've seen them destroy the spreaders . Jeff has the best members here , we have the best info out there . We work hard here with our Mods and members to bring the truth to trucking .

TB ADMIN / SMOKESTACK

I would like to thank you sir for posting the God's honest truth about how things work here on TruckingBoards and making sure that those that don't are made aware it's very hard to bull___t the bullsh_tter. Enough said! Amen brother!

Amazon logistics is a joke. Their idiot drivers around Ohio couldn't find their butts with gps and someone else guiding their hands. Not to mention if they can even keep all the wheels of their equipment on the road at the same time. They crash more than Swift drivers.

From a pay standpoint. Fedex needs to bump the pay especially for the senior drivers. It's B.S. that the new hires/trainees can start at same pay that drivers 10, 15, 20 etc years get. Almost every carrier around here is higher than we are, regardless of starting pay.