FedEx Freight | Greed

Hey Skid,

Some of the problems with the insurance are and are not the companies fault. I had a problem awhile back and needed some work done to heal it up. About a month ago I get an official looking FEDEX FREIGHT letter asking to justify the cause of the claim, they wanted to know what happened and if their was any 3rd party liability.

I call the number it dumps me in the voicemail, I leave my info, including phone #s and they never call. Ticked me off. I get another letter a couple of weeks later 2nd warning, this time I get through and get it settled. The ironic thing though, I was talking to some out source company, that FEDEX has hired for these claims, in KY. I never received a straight answer on why I was never called back. I did get an apology but I guarantee the cost of the second letter to me is being billed to FEDEX, multiply that by a few others ,because I doubt this has only happened to me, and it could get expensive.

If you are having problems call up the regional HR rep or if they show up to your barn voice your disapproval. I did not think the (HR) listened, but I was wrong. Last year I am sure anyone who had the Flex Spending Accounts received justification letters on the charges from Ceridian. Every single one of the charges I put on the card had to be validated. Even though the charges specifically had Doctor's addresses, pharmacies, etc. . Well one day the HR regional rep was at the barn and I complained about it and it turned out other guys did as well. We were told there were alot of complaints about the FSA charge card. The end result was FEDEX changing from Ceridian to a new company this year.
When the opportunity presents itself speak up you may be surprised.

We have the same thing going on around here, the bottom guys are working the dock 4-5 hours a night and then going home early so they may be able to make the next call block. We have several that run 3000 miles a week on a bid then take another 589 on Saturday.

From what I've seen around my barn is many people that live beyond their means. It's really sad to me to see people making a good wage and not have the basic money management skills to make it last or work for them.

I've worked 9 of the last 15 work days so I can spend more time with my kids. My wife is getting sick of seeing me around the house I think though. :lol:

On a side note, I do see plenty of brand new $40,000+ diesel trucks in the parking lot though, they sure are pretty to look at.

roog

edit: This is just a general observation, not pointing out any specifics.

Sounds to me like they live beyond YOUR means, cause apparently their getting theirs.

This is one of the reasons I hate seniority lists. I know that it is a necessay evil and you cannot the other option is putting your faith in dispatchers and terminal managers who are just as screwy.

We see it at my place, especially with the peddle men. We have a no layoff and everybody works, every day. Some days you may only get your 8 hours, other days you will get more.

Well you have dispacthers that keep their buddies out 12-13 hours a day, while other guys are getting called back in at 7.5 or even 4 and asked to work the dock.

It sucks and people really should police themselves, but as this thread says, GREED, takes over most of us.

SAD
Too bad we can't all have each others back but some people don't so if your a good person do like I do sit at home and let someone work now and then when you can tha's all I can tell you