FedEx Freight | Greed

What do you do for example,we have 4 x-board drivers last week 3 of them only had one run going into thursday night.Tryed to slide them a 500 mile run and our #1 night driver was already scheduled for friday night off also 500 mile run.They found out two day drivers was off the next day and did not want to work a night time run.So they stayed at home and worked friday giving up what could have been 3 days instead of 2. From now on i guess i will just work my bid it runs every night and let them woory about the day time freight.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard. Its great that this site allows us drivers in differnt regions, companys, and terminals to communicate whats going on. Especially being new...theres always more questions than answers it seems, and asking to many at our shop'll wont win you a pony ride.
I'll skip on the seniority issue though. I'm too new to have any real input anyhow. I'm content to be on the team, my seniority and seat time will come.
Thanks again and seeya out there and on here.

Why aren't we talking about our crappy Insurance and having to deal with all BS handed down from the Benefits Dept. in Harrison? If we as drivers perform our jobs with the same precision as those arrogant office trash,we'd all be trash haulers from Jersey! I Don't think it's right that we have to jump through hoops to get FedEx to pay for, what they say they are going to pay for in are plan! People First? (Yeah first to be tormented!)

Why aren't we talking about our crappy Insurance and having to deal with all BS handed down from the Benefits Dept. in Harrison? If we as drivers perform our jobs with the same precision as those arrogant office trash,we'd all be trash haulers from Jersey! I Don't think it's right that we have to jump through hoops to get FedEx to pay for, what they say they are going to pay for in are plan! People First? (Yeah first to be tormented!)

Well said!!!!:1036316054:

I don't see it as a seniority or a "I paid my dues " issue.
If I'm getting forty and another guy is struggling to get 30-35, I'll head home and let the others get some hours on the dock. Wouldn't be right to keep suckin at the tit while others are hungry.
It's the right thing to do. It's called friendship. Do unto others and all that good stuff. Doesn't kill ya to help people out.

Well, Then give up a days work for a bottom man and see if no one else complains. Like I said, Your therory will never work. The company knows it. Thats why there is seniority. But give it a try and let us know how it works out.

I've had nothing but good dealings with the benefits department. Just 2-3 weeks ago I had a bill from a provider come in directly from a collection agency. I never received a bill from this place before, just the collections notice.

I called the agency and got some information, called HRO and the supervisor there called the collections agency back herself and got the entire thing straightened out.

Turns out my doctor filled out some paperwork wrong and it got escalated to collections right away.

I also had a $4000 bill show up from a doctor (out of my network) that my hospital (in the network) chose. One more quick call to HRO and they explained to my since the in-network hospital picked the doctor (I had no choice in the matter) that the out of network doctor would be covered.

I don't feel I've been jumping through hoops, but I have been questioning anything that seems odd and they have fixed it quickly every time.

Sorry to hear about your issues,

roog

hey hooty

hooty just so you know co. policy states 12 noon on thur your name if your name is on the list thats it.no signing on fri,also no scratching off fri night.if this is niot followed your local mngmnt is not doing there job.hope this helps.

:flame: Gezzzz man ease up !:flame:
They pay all my bills.

Someone should say sorry.....

Ya know Skid ......
I have one person that I talk to down there and this person has never given me wrong info. We call with all kinds of questions in regards to what is covered and always try to give them notice that I'm going to see Doc or we are having something done. I would suggest to you that you work with one person you will find things go smoother. I also think that you are a little out of line calling these fellow employees arrogant office trash how would you feel if this were said about you ? People just doing the jobs they have , it is possible somebody made a mistake in regards to your claim. Did you call and do you have the associates name there is no magic here. Ease up on it !

Yeah well ,I usually agree with what is said by you smoke & some of the other folks on this board but on this topic I do not. It's one thing to maybe be given the wrong info ,but we (my wife & I)were both treated poorly by the benefits dept. As for easing up ,I'm sorry god forbid I do anything to shake the foundation of the diversity house...

Skid,

It's ok to disagree, we all have our own ideas, that's what makes it work.

We sometimes have expeiences that others do not, hope things work out for you and yours. So far I haven't had the issues that some others have had on the boards with our insurance, not saying it doesn't happen, I've just been fortunate I guess.

FM

sometimes health benefits helps you out no problem,and sometimes they treat you like pond scum,it must depend on who you get on the phone,from now on im going to ask whoever picks up the phone if there having a good day or bad day and if they are having a bad day i'll hang up and call back it seems to work all the time.:1036316054:

I understand Skid...

Skid I wish i could help you.
Like I said only work with one person and get to know the name always ask for the same person . This is what we have done and it has eliminated 95% of the problems we had.

hooty just so you know co. policy states 12 noon on thur your name if your name is on the list thats it.no signing on fri,also no scratching off fri night.if this is niot followed your local mngmnt is not doing there job.hope this helps.

I was reading through to see if anyone posted this. You are correct, all Saturday volunteers must sign up before Thursday at Noon. You are to be called in Seniority order, however, nobody can file a claim for a run on Saturday in the event that the dispatcher makes a mistake. If there are more runs than volunteers, then the dispatch can call extra board drivers who have not volunteered to work. We don't have this problem at Charlotte, because we always have enough volunteers. I volunteer occasionally and when the dispather calls me, oftentimes I will ask if he has more drivers than runs. Usually he does and usually I will tell him to let the other guy have it. There is not a greedy bone in my body, but I have been on all sides of these issues mentioned here and I have only ONE BIG piece of advice to all of you good people..." Please do not be so quick to judge another man"... If you learn to live by this, you will be a better human being. Thank you and good night.